Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #98

Status
Not open for further replies.
The murder and torture of a Lafayette mother NB who was found March 30, 2019 resulted in multiple arrest including a Delphi woman. Is it possible that one of those 5 people arrested is trading information about this horrible crime for there own leniency? The timing would be correct.

If there was any true witness, and "not from a nice community", so to say, what do you think would have been their first response?

Blackmail the killer. Especially if the killer is strong enough to harm young girls, but not savvy to deal with scary blackmailers from the wrong side of track.

So is there a chance that there were some regular money withdrawals from the bank account of the POI, or someone close to him, that matched a certain pattern?

Maybe types, who are used to have a crowd of a fan base of teenagers/young adults are saying "guys!" rather often. MOO

I would like to know, why Carter plus LE are sure, the suspect is from Delphi.

Not just Delphi, but the surrounding area as well. Carrol County.
MOO they feel he is local from his apparent local knowledge and local accent.

Some one said of this crime. That in such a small town and area, the killer must have people covering for them.
MOO possibly the killer miraculously threaded some narrow path that escaped all
detection and suspicion, but MOO that seems less likely than at least a little help.

MOO the police are also searching for the kind of person who would cover for this killer, as well as the killer.

An over compensating mother (or mother figure, like a close sibling) obsessed with protecting him.

Some bad criminal friend/s that deal
or produce drugs, steal and kill.

A woman who offered a few brief comments after the Press Conference seemed truly horrified at the thought LE believed the murderer “was hiding in plain sight”.

“We also believe this person is from Delphi — currently or has previously lived here, visits Delphi on a regular basis or works here," Carter said.”
ISP on Delphi killer: 'We believe you're hiding in plain sight'

Even the media focus furthered the NIMBY approach by making a possible connection to other criminals with no known connection to Delphi. So I can understand, especially given the release of sketch #1, why a suspected perp might’ve been given a pass by locals up until now.

the word is not as important as what the word stands for.....familiarity IMO.....just MO......

why wouldn't a frenzied killer to be not just say "get down the hill"......why address the girls with "guys"...

Imo, we don’t know that “guys” and “down the hill” occurred together within one single phrase. It’s likely that “guys” has been snipped from a different audio “section”, jmo.

With that being said, as previously mentioned, I can think of a million terrible ways he could have used this word. I suspect that could be one of the reasons why we are only hearing one word within its context. Additionally, there could be technical difficulty with separating any background audio they may wish to exclude.

Imo, we don’t know that “guys” and “down the hill” occurred together within one single phrase. It’s likely that “guys” has been snipped from a different audio “section”, jmo.

With that being said, as previously mentioned, I can think of a million terrible ways he could have used this word. I suspect that could be one of the reasons why we are only hearing one word within its context. Additionally, there could be technical difficulty with separating any background audio they may wish to exclude.

Good thinking! When the longer audio clip was released it was described as “featuring the voice” of the murderer and that was it.

Some media reports even quoted the separation.

“Before she was killed, Liberty was able to capture a photo of the killer and his voice on her cell phone. In the audio released Monday, he's heard saying "guys" and "down the hill." ...”
Delphi, Indiana murders: Police release new video, sketch and audio of suspect in killings of Abigail Williams, Liberty German

these are eastern woods....In February the sound of voices would carry..

...as would a gun shot..

the bridge and trail were not on top of a lonely mountain in Wyoming.....it was right near homes/farms/cemetery and a busy road..

.we know there were other kids left on the trail when the girls first got there....we have read where there were some other people there out walking.....

its a mystery how this creep got control of the girls unless he had a gun, unless he grabbed Abby and held a knife to her throat.

...Libby has been spoken of as being a hero and fought hard,because if he did grab the smaller of the two, Abby I believe, Libby could have run...

..she did not run.

..she did not abandon her friend....

Maybe types, who are used to have a crowd of a fan base of teenagers/young adults are saying "guys!" rather often. MOO

I would like to know, why Carter plus LE are sure, the suspect is from Delphi.
I think we can safely say that almost everybody says it often, whether it be a friend, teacher, acquaintance, or anybody who is addressing more than one person.
I really think they released that part of the audio because of the tone, or pitch. It sounds like he is saying the word almost as if there is a question mark, like, " guys?" the way someone would
say it to get their attention.
It's just a little but more for someone to go by in order to recognize the voice of someone they know.
I would think anyone close to him would make a connection as soon as they heard it. Imo

Do you remember what looked like bloody leaves at the crime scene? I "know" I saw it, but I can't remember if there was an evidence marker, or not. Anyone?

ETA: I remember discussing it many threads ago.

It was posted quite some time ago:

indiana-cs-evidence-4-jpg.182770

ETA:
I’m embedding the above image and also posting this in the media thread, thank you. To @No it’s not, do you have a source link for this image for reference? Tia.

Last edited:
IMO the pause is “noise” to cover foul language but unless it goes to court we may never know. Sincerely hoped for an arrest this weekend.

Even if LE has already been given the “one piece of the puzzle” they’re looking for, unless they have a confession, it could still take some time to obtain warrants and do whatever’s necessary to conclude the investigation prior to an arrest being made. I’m hopeful at least one of the 2000 or so tips since the PC is the incriminating information they were seeking.

Even if LE has already been given the “one piece of the puzzle” they’re looking for, unless they have a confession, it could still take some time to obtain warrants and do whatever’s necessary to conclude the investigation prior to an arrest being made. I’m hopeful at least one of the 2000 or so tips since the PC is the incriminating information they were seeking.

Even if they do have a confession, they'd have to do all of that. Especially if they have a confession. The first thing a good defense lawyer will do is try to get the confession thrown out, and failing that they'll try to undermine its accuracy. If LE hasn't done their job, they risk an aquital.

I think we can safely say that almost everybody says it often, whether it be a friend, teacher, acquaintance, or anybody who is addressing more than one person.
I really think they released that part of the audio because of the tone, or pitch. It sounds like he is saying the word almost as if there is a question mark, like, " guys?" the way someone would
say it to get their attention.
It's just a little but more for someone to go by in order to recognize the voice of someone they know.
I would think anyone close to him would make a connection as soon as they heard it. Imo

MOO
Between the mannerism of quick head movements, being pretty agile, having an apparent characteristic of carrying junk in his jacket, facility with a handgun, shortish height, weight, race, youngish 20-30ish, being a local, having unknown whereabouts 2/13/17 2:00pm - 3:30pm and a likeness sketch and a voice sample out there MOO he will be identified.

as far as the pronunciation of the i/e sound in the midwest, there is a specific accent - such as seement, instead of cement, the word pen sounds like pin, and roof sounds like ruff. Does the word "hill" not sound midwestern? I think there is a lilt in the was BG says the word - almost like he's making it 2 syllables - heyill.

I think some of it is purely local. When David Macanally says "up and down the hills", or (the man in orange) says it, it sounds not totally unlike the BG. They all live in the same area. "They will be vigilant now...up or down" sounds similar, too, but I think it simply implies that they were born and raised in IN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kelc3769