Found Deceased IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #84

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by tlcya, Nov 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tlcya

tlcya Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Police ID bodies of Indiana girls

ISP page dedicated to the investigation

Anyone with information about this case, no matter how insignificant, is encouraged to call the Delphi Homicide Investigation Tip Line at (844) 459-5786.

Information can also be reported by calling the Indiana State Police at
    (800) 382-7537, or the Carroll County Sheriff’s Department at (765) 564-2413.

Information can also be emailed to
    Abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

video of press conference of 02/22/17: https://www.facebook.com/NewsCenter1...4728963476130/

Audio loop http://www.in.gov/isp/files/Delphi_male_voice_loop.mp3

Thread #76

Thread #77

Thread #78

Thread #79

Thread #80

Thread #81

Thread #82

Thread #83

*Media Maps & Timelines*

IMAGE Discussion Thread
    Rules Etiquette & Information
    Case map by skibaboo updated with grayhuze crime flow video
    grayhuze youtube channel

Verified Insiders: None in this case at this time. Verified Professional, Member michael.gartley, is a Verified Expert in Imaging Science.

RULES OF THIS DISCUSSION
    DO NOT post photos of random individuals (including persons featured in MSM articles about other area crimes) to compare to the images of unidentified suspect on the bridge.​

Do not sleuth family, PERIOD. This includes previous public records which have nothing to do with this case. They are victims here. Plain and simple.

4) If you feel you have a tip by all means phone it in. Do NOT discuss your tip here. Contact the authorities and give them time to follow your lead.

Police unveil composite sketch of Delphi double homicide suspect

[​IMG]
    MOST RECENT:

ISP presser of 10/3/17
    The Indiana State Police can share, that thus far, there has been no information developed to specifically include or exclude Daniel Nations as a suspect in the Delphi homicides. Both state police detectives returned to Indiana late afternoon of October 2nd and will continue to review information gathered over the course of their visit to El Paso County, Colorado

Could Daniel Nations, 32, get angry enough to pull a hatchet on people he felt offended him, as his arrest charges allege? "Possibly," his wife, Katelyn Nations, 30, told The Gazette. "In a fit of rage, yes."

DO NOT SLEUTH DN's friends, family, former neighbors, employers, etc. Discuss what is available about DN via media and LE.

2. Loading...

3. Tricia

Tricia Owner Websleuths.com Staff Member Administrator

Hey Everyone,

Abby and Libby's thread is open.

From now on we are going to stick to our rules and discuss only those suspects or POI"s that have been in the mainstream media.

No more random sketches. Please do not even ask.

Terms of Service
    in case you need a refresher course :)

As Monty Python would say "And now for something completely different".

I need a favor from someone who knows this case.

If you could please post a quick update on Abby and Libby’s case I would really appreciate it.

Most of us can’t follow this case like some of you so we are woefully behind.

More than one poster can post an update. That’s great.

Consider things like:

*What happened with Daniel Nations? Is he still a possible suspect?
    *What is the latest from law enforcement?
    *What is the latest from the girl’s loved ones?

Something along those lines would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
    Tricia

4. FindHG

FindHG WS Liason Staff Member WS Liason

Me too, gregjrichards. Thank you for your continued updates. Hoping for a 2018 with many answers to stop this man.
    https://www.today.com/video/familie...en-up-about-still-unsolved-case-1137315395635

At about 13 minutes Ms. Kelly mentions (paraphrased)
    NBC affiliate WTHR reports that 'the search has been extended by the FBI into South Eastern Tennessee'

Police Superintendent Doug Carter is tracking with what is going on in Tennessee and he considers this a nationwide search.

View attachment 128860 Southeastern Tenn.
    from here

Interesting, (my brief notes) that LE says no witness saw him, and that the body type and posture of that man on that bridge on that day should tell somebody who knows him who he is, nationwide. That it could be somebody who did this before and do it again because of the alacrity of the crime. So this freak may have covered a lot of ground over time, but honed in on Delphi for some reason.

He may have tried and failed at abductions before or since farther away?

Attached Files:

5. Tricia

Hi Everyone,

Thought it best to start a new thread.

A reminder in case you missed my post above, no more random sketches or pictures of persons who are not POI's.

Again if someone could please post a quick update for those who may be new to the case I would really appreciate it.

Thanks and carry on, please.

Tricia

6. gregjrichards

gregjrichards Well-Known Member

I asked Sheriff Leazenby if investigators thought the killer was an outsider or living among them. "We've discussed that. From the lay of the land, so to say, where this occurred, it would almost have to be someone who is originally from this area and knew how things were laid out, or it's someone who came to our area, if you will, and studied it. For it to be an outsider, yes it's possible, but they sure had to put a lot of work to putting something into this."

Everyone is pleading that anyone, even with the smallest tip, should call police. It could be the break needed to solve this unthinkable crime, and with DNA evidence from the scene, Sheriff Leazenby thinks the case will be solved. "I wish I could say tomorrow. Obviously I can't, but I feel like somewhere down the line we will get justice for these girls."

http://www.wndu.com/content/news/Unsolved-The-Delphi-Murders-473950973.html

7. Jax49

Jax49 Florida Native

8. Jax49

Jax49 Florida Native

Bumping for anyone who missed.

9. Jax49

Jax49 Florida Native

https://youtu.be/HqX9OHVYeLc?t=821

Repeat from previous thread - Today's PC, starting where Carter is speaking about people who have been interviewed not being involved.

10. Tricia

Let's try this again shall we?

Please do not discuss random people who you think might be the perp.

If you feel you have a legitimate tip for the police CLICK HERE for the tipline and more info.

Let me stress that the police need your help but please use common sense when calling in a tip.

Let's not go off into the twilight zone on this thread OK?

Thanks,
    Tricia

11. Jax49

Jax49 Florida Native

12. liltexans

liltexans Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Please continue the discussion here.

13. Boxer

Boxer New Member

Thank you Gregjrichards

That is pretty clear. With DNA from the scene. They might have a lot of samples - some identified and some not-
    But when they find the match from a suspect to one of the samples, they will have their killer.

I think they should LE should be investigating the 6 county area of Delphi for men of the right age, height, and race who have old convictions (or arrests that were plea dealt down,) for rape assault or similiar crimes of domination. Bank robbery too, if had intimidation factor. Any crime where the victims or LE noted the fast and efficient pace of the crime.
    There is something like the act of stealing about this crime, in addition to the violence and terrorizing.

14. Ozoner

Ozoner Well-Known Member

Does it look to anyone else like part of his right sleeve is sticking out? Maybe his right sleeve has some kind of pocket with a flap. Bomber jackets often have a pocket on the left sleeve; maybe this is some kind of reversible jacket.

What is the round, reflective object near his right wrist? It looks too big to be a watch. Could it be a compass clipped to the top of his pants or to his belt?

15. newredtabby

newredtabby Member

Except, LE have never stated that they have the PERP'S DNA. Of course there was DNA at the crime scene, but from whom, and how usable is it? I don't see how they could possibly have the perp's DNA, but not be able to include or exclude POI's as possible suspects. That just wouldn't make any sense.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tmar likes this.
  16. darring21

darring21 My comments are IMO JMO MOO AFAIK etc.

They may have DNA, for instance from a discarded soda can or cigarette butt, but not know if it is the killer's or unrelated. Maybe they have DNA from six different people. They also don't know if they have the killer's DNA. So, if they have a suspect but that suspect doesn't match to any DNA at the scene, that doesn't necessarily mean they're not the killer or weren't involved in some way.

If that is the case, the DNA is still useful to LE because they would try to get the suspect in a lie... saying something like I've never been to that area.

17. BoggLed in Ohio

BoggLed in Ohio Member

Not sure I've ever seen this clumped together and discussed before ..maybe it has and I just don't recall , but what are all the Known Deviations From Normalcy in the days and hours prior to the girls being murdered?

1. The girls were up all night long the day before it happened. (Info from a public video BP shared of KG giving a speech a few days ago)
    2. This was Abby's first time crossing the bridge.
    3. There was no school that day.

What else ? And what Insight or Clues can be derived from these things?

Finding out that the girls were up all night February 12th-13th opened up new questions in my head. Now this is conjecture but wouldn't it be likely to say during all those hours in the middle of the night they probably used social media at some point? I don't know of any teens that age who go that long without touching their phone. Which makes me wonder who might they have been chatting with and what was said?

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2265948680089307&id=100000225927071

tmar likes this.
  18. Try2solve

Try2solve New Member

IMO they were probably on SM most of the night. Were the girls being catfished by an online predator on meth?

tmar likes this.
  19. Ozoner

Ozoner Well-Known Member

Wouldn't LE have been able to ferret out that kind of information fairly easily?

tmar likes this.
  20. RosalindaA

RosalindaA Member

That's interesting, I'd not heard about the girls being up all night on that date. I've always just "felt" (I know not scientific) that the girls were sort of waiting for someone/on the bridge for a reason. Just really from my own experience of being a girl at that age, I'd go out in the New Forest more with a group of friends, boys and girls. Just me and a close female friend at that age, more likely to be at one of our houses or the shops.

I've discounted that because I know that Abby and Libby were more outdoorsy girls than I was. And they come from a different country/culture and generation from me. But it never really went away. Just that something was going on in their world. Again, I thought catfishing, but as Ozoner said, I thought well LE surely would have tracked that down from their computers, (phones if they have them) or phone records.
    Just the odds of a random maniac coming across them on that bridge by chance, I know it happens but there's just this nagging doubt for me that something has been missed, some sort of maybe indirect connection.

Apologies for not being able to provide a link but I remember hearing in a reputable podcast that it is statistically relatively common for the name of the actual perpetrator to be considered/flagged up/interviewed once or even more times early on in an investigation but passed over for whatever reason. And especially I would imagine where LE are getting so many tips to deal with. I know they will be going back over everything constantly but it wouldn't surprise me if that turns out to be the case here, if please God, this case is ever solved.

21. BoggLed in Ohio

BoggLed in Ohio Member

That's what I have always assumed for quite a long time now also but now I'm not so sure. I don't know a whole lot about how that kind of thing works in tracing.. but say for instance ..what if he was using the dark web or a stolen cell phone to communicate with or something weird like that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.