Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #98

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we can safely say that almost everybody says it often, whether it be a friend, teacher, acquaintance, or anybody who is addressing more than one person.
I really think they released that part of the audio because of the tone, or pitch. It sounds like he is saying the word almost as if there is a question mark, like, " guys?" the way someone would
say it to get their attention.
It's just a little but more for someone to go by in order to recognize the voice of someone they know.
I would think anyone close to him would make a connection as soon as they heard it. Imo

Yah I think the large point of the more audio was to get people that can recognize BG voice more information to do so

I highly doubt those few words are going to allow someone to identify BG based on his particular vocabulary

JMO

DISCLAIMER: First time poster here, in fact, I made profile just so I could my amateur opinion. Many of the things I say will read as common sense, or, a culmination of other things I've read, heard, or listened to that resonated with me. So, please do not thing in any way that I am passing my thoughts off as my own, or, rehashing things that may have been stated 2 years ago. I had to sift thru numerous closed threads that I really would've liked to have read in their entirety, but, alas, I am here to add my own thoughts.

1. ) The fact that is offender is, or, was a local should go without saying. I grew up in New England, and while there were indeed picturesque covered bridges visible from the main roads, some hidden gems would only be known by, or easily accessible to seasoned locals, even with the advent of the GPS. I have no doubt that this offender spent a minimum of 30-40 hours walking these very same trails as a child themselves. I, myself, would feel uncomfortable in such a secluded place, and, if I came across that bridge - I would've been unlikely to feel comfortable crossing it. Even if I saw someone 2x my weight lumbering across it. Also, from what I can see, the trails end upon crossing the bridge, and, upon crossing the creek, seem to encroach upon private property. I may very well be wrong, but again, I am just coming up to speed/

2.) This is not a criminal mastermind. At all. I agree with @MassGuy that this is someone who was extremely lucky to pull off such a high risk offense in broad daylight.

3.) I do not believe this is a sociopath/psychopath, or likely to commit a heinous crime like this again. I think this a god-fearing person with a conscience, and is well aware of right and wrong from a biblical and legal standpoint.
How such a person descended into committing such a horrible crime is beyond comprehension.

4.) I do not this person would be described as charming, and, likely is incredibly social awkward around women his own age. In fact, I would venture a guess that this person has had limited, or, no, successful relationships with women. In fact, I would take a guess that this person has likely questioned their own sexuality, and, repressed their own desires in an feeble attempt to satisfy social norms more closely aligned to that which was taught int he bible.

5.) I would guess this person may be described as a bit of introverted, bordering on a loner -- but, does indeed have friends, family, and acquaintances -- but are unable to form close relationships with anyone in their age group, or express what is truly eating away at them.

6.) I suspect this person has deep-seeded body image issues, and, likely rejects themselves from men/women their own age, due to a perceived flaw that is likely not even noticeable. I think they're unable to express themselves and feel overly helpless, unlovable, and, destined to be miserable.

7.) I think this person certainly has ties to the community, and, could've been a former alter boy, eagle scout, an all american midwestern kid. I would guess that women, however, have found themselves uncomfortable around this individual, but few could put their finger on why.

8.) I think this person went to the bridg with added layers to conceal suspicious instruments, and, so they didn't emerge from the woods with blood spatter. I would guess they probably washed up in the creek. It doesn't strike me an organized offender, though some elements seem meticulously planned. I would guess he had binding instruments, some kind of chemical, like bleach, for instance, and a weapon. I think he ideally wanted a single, slightly older victim. And, wanted to do a blitz style attack before they saw his face, but, was prepared to kill if this was required during the commission of the crime.

9.) I don't think he had any direct contact with either victim, and the poor girls were simply in the wrong place at the wrong time. I suspect they might've even encountered him once, or, more, from the parking, or along the trail, and they clearly felt unnerved. They might've politely said hi -- perhaps the offender was even attractive to them -- but I guess he just looked at them, and said little or nothing. This is NOT a charming individual able to lure unsuspecting victims with the ease of his voice and manner.

10.) I agree with a previous poster (quoting an FBI profiler) that the offender likely went off the beaten path, likely knew nobody was near the stream, and, once the girls crossed the bridge he had them hemmed in. He knew it was extremely unlikely that anyone would be coming from either flank, and, as I've studied the map it does appear this is kind of no man's land. No loop, basically a dead end unless you trespass. Someone kindly correct me if I'm dead wrong.

11.) I would guess the offender is mid 30s, and, clearly had some inkling that today there was no school and would be fertile for hunting. Unemployed? Perhaps.

12.) I am guessing he flashed a badge and/or weapon, and used some plea to authority, knowing that his added life experience wouldn't make it super challenging to overpower, or, trick the girls into a very dangerous situation. I am guessing it was something like:

"Guys, This bridge is very unsafe and you shouldn't have walked across it. Down the hill."

"Guys, I saw you litter. Down the hill to pick it up."

"Guys, this is my private property... Down the hill and "

Some type of authority as an adult, and, to make them feel like THEY did something wrong, when the reality was it was the other way around.

13.) I am guessing he posed the bodies, perhaps in a provactive position, as if they were sinner, like something out of leviticus. But, that was just to disguise the true motive of the crime, a successful or unsuccessful sexual assult, meant to confirm/deny his own sexuality.

14.) I suspect he identified the smaller of the two as most likely to be faster than her friend, and tried to subdue her first. But, he also knew they were too scared to move, and unlikely to leave each other.

Sorry if this was all pretty heavy, but it is my opinion. I could be dead wrong on ALL points, but, it's just a culmination of all that I heard, and, what my intuition tells me. I hope they catch this soon!

these are eastern woods....In February the sound of voices would carry..

...as would a gun shot..

the bridge and trail were not on top of a lonely mountain in Wyoming.....it was right near homes/farms/cemetery and a busy road..

.we know there were other kids left on the trail when the girls first got there....we have read where there were some other people there out walking.....

its a mystery how this creep got control of the girls unless he had a gun, unless he grabbed Abby and held a knife to her throat.

...Libby has been spoken of as being a hero and fought hard,because if he did grab the smaller of the two, Abby I believe, Libby could have run...

..she did not run.

..she did not abandon her friend....

Yes. And she was slightly older and very mature, I assume she felt somewhat responsible for her friend, hence she could not abandon Abby.

I actually wonder if she ever took the photos of the same person in his normal attire, just because I bet she took photos of everything that she found interesting.

Last edited:
as far as the pronunciation of the i/e sound in the midwest, there is a specific accent - such as seement, instead of cement, the word pen sounds like pin, and roof sounds like ruff. Does the word "hill" not sound midwestern? I think there is a lilt in the was BG says the word - almost like he's making it 2 syllables - heyill.
I really disagree with your pronunciations for midwesterners. I don’t find them accurate. Sorry.

Same question here. I'm not seeing anything new. Audio, yes.

Was there supposed to be narration with this new release? I haven't kept up with GH and what he is doing in this case. Is this video different than others he has done?

Yes, it loops. I think GH is just driving home the idea that the girls were overcome quickly, really had no means of escape, and also to keep those words "down the hill" ringing in everyone's ears. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kelc3769