OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#47

Status
Not open for further replies.
Janine Emily Smith
Criminal Defense Attorney | Pittsburgh, PA

Status Hearing:
A status hearing can have many purposes in a criminal matter. It may be to determine if a plea agreement has been reached, to see if discovery matters are progressing, be related to a pending motion, be the result of other pending criminal matters that must proceed first, be caused by the unavailability of an involved person due to medical issues or incarceration in another jurisdiction, or any number of other things.

What takes place would depend on the reason for the status hearing. If you are involved in a criminal matter with a pending status hearing, speak with your attorney (if you are the defendant) or talk to the prosecutor (if you are the victim or a prosecution witness) to determine what the purpose of this specific status hearing is.

Thank you. Wow! Since it was canceled or isn't on the books anymore, my mind is thinking about all the reasons listed above and wondering if he could have flipped??

After listening to this podcast, IMO, I realized something about the Rhoden family.
They were unbreakable. Whatever the Wagner's wanted of them, they refused to cave. They stood strong against their antagonists. They were not giving up. Whether is was SW, or something else, they were pressing on. And, the Wagners felt the pressure. Not only that, but they knew they wouldn't win.
A "religious" matriarch who has an incredibly strong hold on the children, their spouses, and grandchildren. They're secluded, cut off from everyone except the close family members. The kids are homeschooled. Emotional neglected and abused. Mentally and emotionally stunted. (Note : absolutely not an excuse nor am I condoning anything AT ALL. Just giving my assumptions about the Wagner household)
And, when you break out, get free. That matriarch comes in hard. And, EVERYONE knows, you NEVER go against her. That's a dangerous woman. Filled with contempt and anger for anyone who tries to go against her and the family. Who tries to take her power and control.

This is just my opinion.

Last edited:
I can't find the post. So I had to to Chickadees' reply to the post of the person who wanted to know more about the W's faith and looked up info. My immediate reaction when I glanced at that site....Who on earth wrote that website? Is that from the W's church? I've been in every different type of Baptist church that I can think of, Southern, Independent, American, Free Will... just to name a handful. That doctrine, if it can be called one, is not in line with any message I've ever heard at a Baptist church. Just so it's understood, I've been to many other non-Baptist churches too. We won't go into the whys behind all that. :D:oops::rolleyes:o_O:)But that website just blew my mind. Do you have more info on the author or authors. And is it from the Ws church? Ughhh. Granted Baptists tend to fall toward the strict end of the spectrum when it comes to Protestant churches. But imhoo, that author is certifiable. (Not the author of the post, the author of the website.) o_Oo_O

I was the original poster and I admit it is weird. I googled “Independent Fundamental Baptist” just to try to see the fundamental doctrine. I found that sight and thought OMG! I’m Catholic and that’s all I know so I am kinda naive at what others believe. I hear lots of folks put down the Catholic religion and just ignore it cuz usually they are just uneducated about our beliefs and have learned that behavior through many generations. But I’ve never heard Mary referred to in quite that manner and I have never heard anyone say they don’t like Billy Graham. I was totally shocked. It was not taken from Fred’s church as I don’t know the name of her church.

After listening to this podcast, IMO, I realized something about the Rhoden family.
They were unbreakable. Whatever the Wagner's wanted of them, they refused to cave. They stood strong against their antagonists. They were not giving up. Whether is was SW, or something else, they were pressing on. And, the Wagners felt the pressure. Not only that, but they knew they wouldn't win.
A "religious" matriarch who has an incredibly strong hold on the children, their spouses, and grandchildren. They're secluded, cut off from everyone except the close family members. The kids are homeschooled. Emotional neglected and abused. Mentally and emotionally stunted. (Note : absolutely not an excuse nor am I condoning anything AT ALL. Just giving my assumptions about the Wagner household)
And, when you break out, get free. That matriarch comes in hard. And, EVERYONE knows, you NEVER go against her. That's a dangerous woman. Filled with contempt and anger for anyone who tries to go against her and the family. Who tries to take her power and control.

This is just my opinion.

Thanks for your post. I just hope and pray the children of JW and GW can learn what normal is and rise above this terrible tragedy. I pray for them every night.

Thank you. Wow! Since it was canceled or isn't on the books anymore, my mind is thinking about all the reasons listed above and wondering if he could have flipped??

At JWs last court appearance, he and his attorneys said openly in court that he would not attend the upcoming status conference. Please go back and listen if you can. I thought the whole thing was rather "odd" in the least, that all of a sudden, JW chose not to attend a court appearance. Does anyone not find that odd?

FSC, you recently mentioned about
Montgomery, OH, and I failed to note. It was about a retirement IIRC.

How did they use food stamps to get to Alaska ?

Idk how it is where you live but in southern Ohio food stamps is like gold. People sell it all the time. One of the ways is they buy huge amounts of steaks and sell to the public at cheap prices. I’ve seen some who go to the store and by groceries that someone else is willing to buy at a cheaper rate. They buy huge quantities of soda and sell for cheap. It’s a huge market.

Idk how it is where you live but in southern Ohio food stamps is like gold. People sell it all the time. One of the ways is they buy huge amounts of steaks and sell to the public at cheap prices. I’ve seen some who go to the store and by groceries that someone else is willing to buy at a cheaper rate. They buy huge quantities of soda and sell for cheap. It’s a huge market.

In NM, they have rollover. If you get food stamps for say 8 years for your family, you could potentially have 10s of thousands in food stamps. It's kind of crazy.
EDIT TO SAY: People deserve to eat. But, it (the rollover) leads to a lot of fraud with people selling their benefits for drugs and alchohol. I even had someone offer me 800$ in food stamps for a tv I was selling once.

In NM, they have rollover. If you get food stamps for say 8 years for your family, you could potentially have 10s of thousands in food stamps. It's kind of crazy.
EDIT TO SAY: People deserve to eat. But, it (the rollover) leads to a lot of fraud with people selling their benefits for drugs and alchohol. I even had someone offer me 800$ in food stamps for a tv I was selling once.

Yep, they do that too. In Ohio it isn’t exactly “food stamps” per se, the amount is loaded onto an EBT card. They can purchase fast food, etc. My nephew even purchased a $30 birthday cake from Dairy Queen. I work in the community and deal with lots and lots of Medicaid recipients. It’s a great program for those who truly need it. But in the hands of the wrong ppl it’s a disgrace. Southern Oh has so much drug activity going on that kids are starving and charities & local churches are providing food pantries and hot meals while the parents are selling the food stamps for drugs. Don’t get me wrong, not everyone who receives Medicaid abuses the service but those who do will ruin it for those who truly need it. Btw, I am not implying that HR or W4 did this. Just enlightening how the system truly works.

Are you kidding me? The government should have a way to track food stamps and force whoever gets them to spend them on food!

Yep, they do that too. In Ohio it isn’t exactly “food stamps” per se, the amount is loaded onto an EBT card. They can purchase fast food, etc. My nephew even purchased a $30 birthday cake from Dairy Queen. I work in the community and deal with lots and lots of Medicaid recipients. It’s a great program for those who truly need it. But in the hands of the wrong ppl it’s a disgrace. Southern Oh has so much drug activity going on that kids are starving and charities & local churches are providing food pantries and hot meals while the parents are selling the food stamps for drugs. Don’t get me wrong, not everyone who receives Medicaid abuses the service but those who do will ruin it for those who truly need it. Btw, I am not implying that HR or W4 did this. Just enlightening how the system truly works.

Its the same in southern NM. Kids are going hungry. 2nd to worst in the country for child welfare. So many are slipping through the system. It's sad.

Are you kidding me? The government should have a way to track food stamps and force whoever gets them to spend them on food!
A few years back, a Walmart receipt was found on a running trail near the Walmart. The balance was something like 14k. The newspaper did a whole write up. The community was in an uproar.
It was pretty shocking.
On the other hand, I had my son's best friend for 2 years on and off while his mother battled a meth addiction and was a prostitute. Would sell her food stamps for drugs. No agency was there to stop it. Help the poor kid stuck there, hungry and scared. He was frigging 5 years old when he started staying with me.
(Just an FYI : This is not who I am, or the people I hang around with. We are a "normal" middle class family. I just couldn't leave him in those conditions. The stories he told just broke my heart in two. It was just easier for me to keep him safe with me than to constantly worry about him)

From what you websleturthers has found out the last few days that the Wags has been running con’s on people a for years, FW interest rates are unheard of, it should like how a loan shark loans money, I just wonder why all the people that are buying from her is scared to say anything about her, has there every been any threats toward the people buying the land contacts, the cons go from cheating people out of money, cheating the government out of tax money, using the court system as a tool to do harm to customers, bad animal sells, defrauding SSI, defrauding the food stamp program, stealing from schools, boot companies,Walmart and last but not least murder.
How did they use food stamps to get to Alaska ?
how did they get to Alaska, when they filed bankruptcy when they reported their only income they had was $534.00 a month and $389.00 foos assistance

Hey Buckeyes, right, a Status Hearing CAN be about taking a plea deal but at this point in time there are no indications that any of the psycho Wagner's will plea.

If it's true that they are obsessive about controlling those 2 children, then they will never plea to life w/o parole, that goes against everything they live for.

No one flipped. Jakes's Status Hearing has changed into 2 Hearings next week:

May 14 at 2:00pm a Pre-Trial hearing for Jake, and then it's also listed at 2:00pm that same day, a Motion Hearing for Jake.

Last edited:
I had some clients that worked their whole lives and had close to 2 million in 401 K plans plus social security when they retired at 62 years of age. The wife had to have a heart transplant and they were too young for medicare. So they drew every penny out of the 401k's and are still paying medical bills. When they came in this year they were living on social security and getting food benefits and Medicaid.

We never know what the future holds. Sigh...
I know their pain on having to pay for medical, I to is on disability, I worked 32 years and blew 3 disc out and had to retire but the job I work at was real dusty so I have use inhaler and a breathing treatment machine the inhaler cost me $600 a month not counting the other medications I have to buy. I get no help from the government

At JWs last court appearance, he and his attorneys said openly in court that he would not attend the upcoming status conference. Please go back and listen if you can. I thought the whole thing was rather "odd" in the least, that all of a sudden, JW chose not to attend a court appearance. Does anyone not find that odd?
I did but then in reading think it's just a way for the defendants lawyers to talk the actual points, even evidence of the case with the judge in private, not in open court. They called it a status conference not hearing I believe, right?

Status Conference Law and Legal Definition | USLegal, Inc.

I know their pain on having to pay for medical, I to is on disability, I worked 32 years and blew 3 disc out and had to retire but the job I work at was real dusty so I have use inhaler and a breathing treatment machine the inhaler cost me $600 a month not counting the other medications I have to buy. I get no help from the government
So sorry Johnny, that's such a load to bear, take care.

A few years back, a Walmart receipt was found on a running trail near the Walmart. The balance was something like 14k. The newspaper did a whole write up. The community was in an uproar.
It was pretty shocking.
On the other hand, I had my son's best friend for 2 years on and off while his mother battled a meth addiction and was a prostitute. Would sell her food stamps for drugs. No agency was there to stop it. Help the poor kid stuck there, hungry and scared. He was frigging 5 years old when he started staying with me.
(Just an FYI : This is not who I am, or the people I hang around with. We are a "normal" middle class family. I just couldn't leave him in those conditions. The stories he told just broke my heart in two. It was just easier for me to keep him safe with me than to constantly worry about him)
Bless you

I can't find the post. So I had to to Chickadees' reply to the post of the person who wanted to know more about the W's faith and looked up info. My immediate reaction when I glanced at that site....Who on earth wrote that website? Is that from the W's church? I've been in every different type of Baptist church that I can think of, Southern, Independent, American, Free Will... just to name a handful. That doctrine, if it can be called one, is not in line with any message I've ever heard at a Baptist church. ... But that website just blew my mind. Do you have more info on the author or authors. And is it from the Ws church? Ughhh. Granted Baptists tend to fall toward the strict end of the spectrum when it comes to Protestant churches. But imhoo, that author is certifiable. (Not the author of the post, the author of the website.) o_Oo_O

The person I'm acquainted with, who is in a church of this sect (he's shared pastors with FW and W4 in the last 15 years), whom I've known closely for eight years, does hold this belief system. I just let him talk sometimes, because I've been the recipient of, imo, fundamentalist religious brainwashing. I don't support his beliefs. Do I think the beliefs listed in that website are the basis of the W4's murder spree (if they did it)? NO

IMO, the basis of the murders, as someone previously posted, is one or a combination of: jealousy, money, a woman, or drugs. IMO, JW was a crack addict at the time of the murders, and we're pretty sure he was manipulative and obsessed with HMR - so that's two of three of those potential causes. Add obsession about control of children (which my acquaintance also has) and well...

I just can't reconcile why GW4 and JW were driven to gain total control of their offspring if they weren't active in their church/religion - at least they didn't appear to be - and why didn't they work it out with their women to keep on making more children if that was so important? And why weren't they just as driven to do their part to be good providers?

I'm sure they have all kinds of self-justification. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member