Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #99

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the PC she was there and was talking afterwards, she was an attractive blond woman, very shook up by the whole "you could be in this room", comented how people and herself started looking around because it creeped them out. I'm not from the that part of the country so I don't know what station it was. I think I watched it on one of the major networks so she must be affilated?

If she wasn’t a local reporter maybe she didn’t have the ability to recognize any family members?

A few threads back iirc a WS member here posted a video of Press Conference that revealed the families were in attendance. Therefore it appears the rumour they left in tears prior to it even starting is just not true.

If you have a link to the reporter who stated otherwise, it would be helpful.

The female host of the HLN Panel was physically there at the PC. She said this herself, I quoted it during my transcription. It stated “tears” as well as Libby Grandmother saying she was “anxious”. Feel free to dig, grumpy me needs a nap.

At the PC she was there and was talking afterwards, she was an attractive blond woman, very shook up by the whole "you could be in this room", comented how people and herself started looking around because it creeped them out. I'm not from the that part of the country so I don't know what station it was. I think I watched it on one of the major networks so she must be affilated?

Susan Hendricks of HLN? She was there. https://www.facebook.com/susan.hendricks.3

HLN blonde lady reporter did all this, including those statements about the family. I watched at at the time. I have seen video here on WS showing members of the families at that last PC.

So I came across this while reviewing another case here. Could this be why the Chief said what he said because they may know the family but not the specific family member:

Police identify killer in 47-year-old cold case murder of ISU student

Snipped "In 2009, familial DNA testing was requested, but it was never approved.

In 2017, the Indiana State Police lab used advanced DNA testing to indicate the suspect had brown hair, brown eyes and medium complexion.

A composite of what the person might look like was then developed.

In 2018, a DNA sample was used to try and match DNA submitted to genealogy companies. It came back with a potential family that the DNA might have come from."

HLN blonde lady reporter did all this, including those statements about the family. I watched at at the time. I have seen video here on WS showing members of the families at that last PC.

Yah I believe there was some confusion in the wording of some msm tweets that made it sound as if the families left directly after meeting with detectives.

I think in actuality they met with detectives stayed for the press conference and left shortly after showing emotion.

Moo and IIRC

Yes, I would think so. A paper trail would be good info.

At this point in time, I worry that the darn thing has been crushed for recycling, or dismantled and sold for parts.
Same here, I worry that there could have been valuable evidence in that car that could now be lost, but hope and pray that’s not the case!

Last edited:
A few threads back iirc a WS member here posted a video of Press Conference that revealed the families were in attendance. Therefore it appears the rumour they left in tears prior to it even starting is just not true.

If you have a link to the reporter who stated otherwise, it would be helpful.
She said it was the grandparents of one of the girls that left in tears. They could have possibly left for awhile and come back or didn't and the family there was everyone else but them? I'm not from that part of the country and don't remember exactly what station here I saw the new conference on. Can you tell me the names of the more local and state channels there that covered it, so I can look to identify this woman reporter? TIA if you can help me with that.

Maybe I am wrong, but one thing here strikes me a bit: in a small town, population around 3000- there is way too much anonymity around, people seems not to know each other, like Delphi is some big city- Derrick doesn´t know the older guy, the older guy doesn´t know BG, the woman witness doesn´t know anyone of the before mentioned; the superintendent shows sketches nobody recognizes... It seems like whole community there is acquainted only to Alzheimer´s disease.

We have no way to know if this small group you mention all live in Delphi. People in small towns know everyone who "travels in their own circles," which is true of any city or town; large or small, throughout the country. (And maybe the sketches are not good likenesses.) Respectfully... It's doubtful Alzheimers has anything to do with anything or anybody in this double murder case.
ETA: jmo.

Omggggggg!!! Look what I just found! I’ve been looking for this since April 22nd! Holy cow, I can’t believe I actually made a note of it!! I think this is what I was thinking of!

ETA: I haven’t reviewed this yet and I’m not sure that it has anything to with anything (“The Shack”), but it was the first thing that came to mind. Eager to take a look now.
If she wasn’t a local reporter maybe she didn’t have the ability to recognize any family members?
Misty, just prior to start of pc, 2 reporters present tweeted:
one said family came from back room after meeting w/ LE
and left the pc "in tears". Another reporter said family left
pc "angry".
WSer posted that 'some of family' were still in audience of pc.
It's on the thread about the pc.

at 4:08 shack is obviously on private property.
Post #463 for those asking

have been following since the beginning and now signing up. That was the first time i have seen that vid. TYVM. Is that the welfare building around 5.43 just before the water tower comes into view? If so there is a red car parked there.

Also, i have just watched the heli video (in the media thread first page ) with new eyes - again the welfare building is clearly visible in that too but no vehicles. Also, when the video first begins you see a white pickup parked in what I think is the trail parking area which later can be seen driving off. The vid then zooms into the empty car park. There are also appears to be a couple of maybe journalists walking over a bridge just a short while after the p/up drives off. It is really interesting to look again at these videos after all this time.

Looking at the area using street view is also interesting, 2015 view shows the building there but Dec 2018 shows the welfare building gone, with an excavator on the site. Does anyone know when it was knocked down? Could the perp have taken the girls there before taking them back to where they were eventually found? Could explain why no-one saw them or found them, despite searching from approx 3.15 p.m. onwards.

Also, police were called at 5.30 p.m. i believe. was a list of searchers between 3.15 and 5.30 pm kept by LE as well as afterwards, does anyone know?
Will post some more thoughts.

So the investigative focus is still on the driver of the parked vehicle, a car -

Police are still hoping for fresh tips about one piece of information released in the news conference.

We're still looking for the car that was parked in the lot," Riley told News 18. "If somebody can give us that information, we want that information as quickly as possible."

The importance of the car also ties into why police now believe the killer is local. Riley said after reviewing many tips, investigators determined he was able to get around quickly on the day the girls were killed, and seemed to know the area.”
The next question from the reporter should've been: "What kind of car are you looking for? Make, model, color, defining features?" I'm not surprised they're receiving no tips.

The female host of the HLN Panel was physically there at the PC. She said this herself, I quoted it during my transcription. It stated “tears” as well as Libby Grandmother saying she was “anxious”. Feel free to dig, grumpy me needs a nap.
Thank you margarita! I believe the reporter I was speaking about is HLN's Susan Hendricks.

I did see local (Indy) footage of the latest PC that showed Libby's biological mother in the audience. I felt such sadness for her. It is my understanding that she no longer lives in Indiana. I cannot imagine how this trip drains her each time emotionally.
I will search for the link to attach.

Last edited:
I think it's possible that the saying they were looking for the car was not what Riley intended to say exactly. I think he meant looking for info about the driver of the car as was said in the PC. We obsess over these details but they don't in the same way. MOO, I have no idea, it just seems that since at the PC they said they are looking for the "driver" and didn't say "and vehicle" that he probably was just not careful with his words today. We've seen that quite a bit in this case MOO.

Also... this mystery vehicle. It's really changed pretty much my whole thinking on this case. Sure, the sketch switcheroo is a big deal, of course, but the fact that BG was mobile, that's a big game-changing bit of info. Bigger than the new sketch possibly. It really came across, to me, in Feb 2017 and for the next two plus years, that they felt BG was most likely someone that passed through and they had no idea where he could be. Remember all the billboards? Remember did you see someone hitchhiking? Remember possible POI's in other states reported to IN LE by the other states? Things like that. And now there's a vehicle "driver" parked nearby and not only that but they are sure this person has connections to Delphi and is somewhere around nearby. I'm not sure what my point is just that the "vehicle" changes so much about this case. For me, anyway. moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa