Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #99

Status
Not open for further replies.
They want the public to tell them who was driving a vehicle they won’t describe?

(Ugh, now I’m remembering why I had to suddenly take a nap earlier and was getting crabby. Thanks cluciano!)

All I can guess is that they are appealing to a certain person perhaps but don’t want that known.

I’m remembering an example from the NOCO Shooter case I think, where in a PC they specifically appealed to someone who had called in with information previously and said something along the lines of “we want you to call us back.”

Last edited:
They want the public to tell them who was driving a vehicle they won’t describe?
They almost certainly know what the vehicle looks like.

If they describe the make, model, and color, people will come out of the woodwork to report seeing it.

It’s possible that they want to know if anyone spotted a person associated with that vehicle.

If a witness can accurately describe the vehicle, then they may have important information about its driver.

Very interesting!

And totally off topic: I'm listening to a really interesting podcast right now about a case that used geological expertise to narrow down the identification of 4 dead bodies (3 of them related, one not) through "isotopes" in/on their hair and teeth which told which regions of the US they were from and could even tell where they'd been living in the 2 weeks to 2 months prior to their deaths. Very educational and fascinating. I haven't finished it, but so far it is really educational in that regard. It is called Bear Brook.
I have wondered if there was a hair found on one of the girls. Maybe that is how they know the hair color.

Forgive me if this has been discussed but it has been two weeks. Didn't LE state that in two weeks they could explain more about what's going on? Totally paraphrasing here.
Anything new happening?

Forgive me if this has been discussed but it has been two weeks. Didn't LE state that in two weeks they could explain more about what's going on? Totally paraphrasing here.
Anything new happening?

I don’t think so. The only reference to two weeks that I know of was their asking the news media to not pester the families ‘for at least two weeks.’

Different properties IIRC that property was south/ east of the bridge where the owners were down south....moo
Also the owners were in AZ from the property just east of the cemetery on 300 N. And just about every home along there has sheds and outbuildings. A local predator would make it a point to know which residents were away for an extended period.

If they describe the make, model, and color, people will come out of the woodwork to report seeing it.

It’s possible that they want to know if anyone spotted a person associated with that vehicle.

If a witness can accurately describe the vehicle, then they may have important information about its driver.
When LE is looking for a vehicle (and, obviously, it's driver), they invariably describe the vehicle. So what if not all tips are helpful? Sorting through tips, good and bad, is what they do. If they worried about getting bad tips, they'd never provide info to the public and seek their help. Shoot, they'd never put a sketch out there either. ;)

April 22 Press Conference

The family. I hope that you all will give them some time because we're going to be asking that there's no media inquiry or no media response for at least the next two weeks and I hope you understand why. The family found out about this about this information this morning. I just want the family to know that when I take my last breath on this earth I'll be thinking of them. There's going to be a tremendous amount of <unintelligble> I know that. I know that. Never in my career have I stood in front of somethin

Anything new happening?

I think the above quote from the press conference makes it clear that ‘two weeks’ is for the sake of the family. If he had other reasons, he was trying to conceal them.

When LE is looking for a vehicle (and, obviously, it's driver), they invariably describe the vehicle. So what if not all tips are helpful? Sorting through tips, good and bad, is what they do. If they worried about getting bad tips, they'd never provide info to the public and seek their help. Shoot, they'd never put a sketch out there either. ;)
There’s a strategy here, and a specific reason why they don’t want to feed the public any information regarding the vehicle specifics.

Keeping that a secret, is for some reason, incredibly important.

If they put out a vehicle description, they might get 500 phone calls, and it would be impossible to determine their veracity.

It’s not like you can verify if someone actually did see that vehicle or not.

But if someone calls in and says “I saw a white pickup truck pulling out from that lot at around 2pm that day,” and the vehicle description matches what they’re looking for, then this could prove helpful.

Anything new happening?

This is the latest msm, Tricia:

ISP on Delphi killer: 'Somebody may have already interviewed him'
Posted: May. 7, 2019

From the above link:

“However, he said police have received a lot of new information on people who live in the area since releasing the sketch.”

Snip

“We're still looking for the car that was parked in the lot," Riley told News 18. "If somebody can give us that information, we want that information as quickly as possible."

The importance of the car also ties into why police now believe the killer is local. Riley said after reviewing many tips, investigators determined he was able to get around quickly on the day the girls were killed, and seemed to know the area.”

Snip

“"Somebody may have already interviewed him," said Riley. "I'm not going to say they have or have not, but there's a possibility that has happened. The person apparently gave the investigating officers the information they were looking for. We have to try to go back and check on the information that we have received."”

(In the video there is mention about them feeling closer to catching the killer (paraphrasing, need to rewind and replay).

Last edited:
I would like to comment on a few posts I've seen where people have mentioned that the car could belong to a second person, such as the son of the perpetrator. One thing that has come to mind as I listen to the recent press conference and also as I listen to others talk about this new sketch: is it possible that the two sketches are both relevant because the bridge guy led the girls to a second perpetrator? Am I on the complete wrong track to wonder if LE just hasn't said publicly that they believe there are two suspects? Could they want the public to focus on the second sketch now because they haven't found the bridge guy yet? If I have missed something where this could not be possible I apologize.

I don’t think two people are involved. Now, if there were two car owners or two car drivers, and they are under suspicion, who was involved, we don’t know. Unless there is solid evidence pointing at one, in my mind, it is still 50/50. Regardless of the sketch.

I hope the average citizen is smarter than me...no way I picking up on their cryptic hints...

So what do you guys make of this business about “able to get around quickly”?

I know LE seems to be placing great importance on this vehicle, but I always have wondered about a motorcycle.

So, from this statement, assuming he was on foot until he got to the vehicle, this would indicate that he is possibly agile.

Last edited:
They know everything about the car except who was driving it/parked it at the CPS building on 2/13. They are not actually looking for the car itself I don't think.

MOO they want a person that was there on the trail or driving by on 2/13/17 to remember the vehicle without prompts.

This is also an interesting comment imo:

“The importance of the car also ties into why police now believe the killer is local.”

ISP on Delphi killer: 'Somebody may have already interviewed him'

(Scratching head)

—-

Reviewing in full context:

“The importance of the car also ties into why police now believe the killer is local. Riley said after reviewing many tips, investigators determined he was able to get around quickly on the day the girls were killed, and seemed to know the area.

The car would have been seen between noon and five on Feb. 13, 2017 at the old DCS parking lot, according to police. The office is on County Road 300 North near the Hoosier Heartland Highway. The building has since been demolished and the lot is vacant.”

I hope the average citizen is smarter than me...no way I picking up on their cryptic hints...

It’s not cryptic, it’s vague.

They want eye witness accounts.

Law enforcement is putting the pieces together, not us.

You either saw something, know something, or you don’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa