CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would prefer not to ever look at that truck again, but thank you kindly for posting it for others who may want to look at it again.

It's just too upsetting for me to do so again because of the images that appear in my mind is of a murdered family of four, who were dead inside of it hidden away from sight.

Thank you again though, smr for posting many of the videos you do for us. I do play many you have provided, but the one of CMs truck being seen up close and personal today by the jury is just too painful for me.

Jmoo
Me neither. Just envisioning those babies curled up with crushed skulls is too much to ponder.

:rolleyes::rolleyes: And the PT caught wind of the rumour so decided to bring it up in a courtroom fill of people, while the trial is in progress, instead of speaking to the judge in private. How unprofessional. Not very good at all! MOO
I don't think the jury was in the courtroom. Also, it wasn't a rumor. Mr. Imes said he attended the same function and saw McGee drinking and dancing. I hope Imes didn't mean to blurt it out when he did but did so out of frustration/anger. I'd like to think he's having some regret about it now.

I don't need to prove anything as Mr. Imes already stated he was at the same function as McGee and I seriously doubt he'd lie to the Judge about something that could so easily be debunked.

Objection hearsay.

The judge is going to allow testimony that will imply that Dan is in hiding.

I doubt the jury will be surprised about that.

If I was being accused, in a court of law, by a team of attorneys, of being a brutal quadruple murderer, would I want to be dragged into the court and questioned by those accusers, who were trying to free their client. NO, I would not.

I would be laying low in a distant relatives's guest house, for sure.

I think the jury understands that. JMO

Last edited:
Imes may have snapped a phone pic as an offer of proof to the judge in case he was questioned on it.
Gosh, I hope he didn't! It's sad enough that Imes was spending the night watching McGee instead of having a good time himself without snapping pictures as proof. I mean, really and then to bring it up in a court room fill of people instead of having a chat to the judge in private. That just says more about Imes than it does about McGee in my opinion. Seriously, Imes must be really desperate to stoop so low. MOO

I don't think the jury was in the courtroom. Also, it wasn't a rumor. Mr. Imes said he attended the same function and saw McGee drinking and dancing. I hope Imes didn't mean to blurt it out when he did but did so out of frustration/anger. I'd like to think he's having some regret about it now.
I wasn't quite with the program when I posted that comment lol. I'm now getting the gist of how this whole incident come about, thanks la2cabo! :D

Not me , Cabo. I doubt he regrets it and why should he if it is true?

Gosh, I hope he didn't! It's sad enough that Imes was spending the night watching McGee instead of having a good time himself without snapping pictures as proof. I mean, really and then to bring it up in a court room fill of people instead of having a chat to the judge in private. That just says more about Imes than it does about McGee in my opinion. Seriously, Imes must be really desperate to stoop so low. MOO

Considering the skirmishes between both sides throughout the trial, I doubt Imes would lodge an accusation without being able to back it up. But maybe he wouldn't think he'd need to go that far, it was just a thought.

However, for the defense to be dragging their heels so badly based on McGee's illness and then for him to be seen out having a good time and apparently not feeling ill, that has to get under the skin of those who have been trying to bring this trial to its just close.

Imes may have snapped a phone pic as an offer of proof to the judge in case he was questioned on it.
I don't need to prove anything as Mr. Imes already stated he was at the same function as McGee and I seriously doubt he'd lie to the Judge about something that could so easily be debunked.

Seriously, who cares what he was doing on Saturday? He showed up for the trial yesterday, he said after 30 minutes he realized that he was not ready to be there. I think that he thought he was good to go but at some point figured he just couldn't be as sharp as he should be... he has a responsibility to his client, if he is not all in, that is not fair to his client, by recognizing that, he very well could have just eliminated an appeal issue if he is convicted. Isn't that a good thing???? Especially if you are in the "Merritt is guilty" camp... don't you want to know that he was fully represented so this cannot be an appeal issue later?

I’d think that Imes might be quite angry—and rightly so—if someone that he respected was caught faking illness in such an outrageous way.

Well, my problem with this is that McGee WAS in the court room yesterday, he DID think he would be okay to be there, but at some point yesterday, realized he was not ready to be there. I don't know what is wrong with him and neither does anyone else (including the prosecution), the judge seems to be satisfied that he can't be there for medical reasons... so I don't know. I have also lived with someone that has a chronic illness and I know how it can look from the outside looking in... one day he can be out drinking and dancing, two days later could be in hospital, so maybe I just see it differently, especially since whatever is wrong with McGee is not noticeable from the outside. I have a feeling it's more of a mental thing than a physical thing with being in the courtroom for McGee, but that's JMO.

Well, it just looks very UNPROFESSIONAL to be drinking and dancing out at night, at a professional Legal event, when you are simultaneously putting a major trail at jeopardy of a mistrial, because you are too ill to be in the courtroom.

It is not a good look for McGee to do that during a trial, while he is claiming he is too deathly ill to proceed.

I hope the jurors are smart enough to realize DK was investigated and to date that LE have found no evidence to tie him to this horrific crime. He has never been arrested and charged for it either. Without solid evidence against DK there is no case to answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member