NH NH - Allenstown, Adult Female & 3 Children, found Nov'85 & May'00 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Allenstown Four: The Haunting, Decades-Long Mystery of the Bear Brook Murders
Two barrels. Four bodies. A decades-long murder mystery.

09 May 2019

"Fifteen years apart, in 1985 and 2000, four bodies were found in New Hampshire’s 10,000-acre Bear Brook State Park. The first two bodies, a woman and a young girl, were found by hunters on November 10, 1985. Both had been dismembered, wrapped in a plastic bag, and stuffed into a 55-gallon drum behind Bear Brook Gardens Mobile Home Park....

...the Bear Brook murders and the identities of the Allenstown Four remained a mystery. The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children joined the effort to identify the bodies. In 2013, the organization created new facial reconstructions of the victims. ...

In 2015, a forensic artist at NCMEC created new composite sketches of the victims as they might have looked in life; for the first time, police had real faces to put to the bodies. Senior Assistant Attorney General Ben Agati stated that all four victims had lived together in the New Hampshire area for up to several months before they were murdered. Agati also noted that all four had been killed at the same time, between 1980 and 1984. ...

In 2018, New Hampshire public radio released a multi-episode podcast investigation into the Bear Brook murders called Bear Brook. While investigators are now confident that they found the killer responsible for the slayings, much about the case remains shrouded in mystery. The identities of the four murder victims are still unknown. The New Hampshire State Police remain hopeful that someone will break their silence and finally close the case that has haunted the area since the mid-1980s. ..."

Allenstown Four: The Decades-Long Mystery of the Bear Brook Murders
---

Raw video: Police say same man killed missing woman, Allenstown victims, California woman

Jan 26, 2017

"Authorities believe the same man responsible for killing four victims found in metal drums in Allenstown also killed a missing Manchester woman and a woman decades later in California...."

md_82aa796d6e72-bear-brook-murders_featured.jpg

300px-Bearbrook_Murders_-_Allenstown_Four.jpg

29793138-408835492873328-2435964635493433344-n_3.jpg

Are there any rule outs for the mother of Rasmussens Daughter?
I don't know where they would be listed...
By the sound of the rumour mill they are working hard to find her though, since they want to announce all identities at once.
jmo, going by comments one of Rasmussen's daughters made on FB, I think she may have been from abroad.

There have also been persistent rumors that he was involved with a woman from Canada, likely Quebec.

Quebec and Ontario have significant Asian populations, so it could be talk of the same woman if she immigrated to Canada from Asia, or was from a Canadian Asian family, or even just visiting.

He traveled to so many places, and he could have met her anywhere it seems.

What would abroad mean? Canada? The child's isotopes were upper Midwest and Canada? IIRC?

Canada is not abroad. We share the same land mass.

I trust that the identity of everyone one of those females in the barrel will eventually be identified and named. The murderer created a very elaborate and tangled web; thanks to technology and good old fashioned detective work (and probably some avid sleuths) their identities will be discovered.

I hope he is suffering in the after life.

It occurred to me that the middle little girl might be *much* harder to identify if her mother is still alive or at least wasn't killed by Rasmussen. Perhaps Rasmussen had a girlfriend who had a baby with him and then gave him custody and did not tell anyone in her family (or at least anyone currently alive) about the child's existence. Perhaps she is either too ashamed to come forward now or died of some other cause in the meantime. The investigators then might be looking through a family tree, calling various cousins and asking if there were any women or children or both who went missing and hearing "no" from everyone because the mother was never missing and they never knew about the child. We assume he killed the mother because that's certainly his pattern but maybe this woman was an exception.

Ok. Can someone explain to me the new update. They are all tentatively identified except for the middle child?

Yes.

My understanding is -

A woman in California married, had a child, and divorced.

She married again, had another child, and divorced.

She was last seen in California, with the two girls.

The families of the woman, and various paternal family of the individual girls, posted on various sites, looking for information on where they could be.

At the same time, there was a person searching these same sites, hoping to find people looking for lost loved ones that matched the timetable, age, sex, and general circumstances of the victims.

It appears that she found the various posts, and found everything seemed to line up.

As far as I am aware, the police have not released any new information verifying the identity, or acknowledging the results of any testing.

The way I read it - the family of the mother, has become frustrated with the lack of communication, and directed some folks to post photos of the mother and daughters.

Which they have.

This situation is a bit awkward, because it all seems very convincing, and I have no reason to doubt the claims. But without the officials making a statement, it gives me pause to mention the names.

There have been a couple of cases where a match that seemed certain, and were released by the family, then turned out not to be a match when the DNA results were finally confirmed. So LE's caution isn't that surprising.

And I think you're right not to post the names and so forth.

There have been a couple of cases where a match that seemed certain, and were released by the family, then turned out not to be a match when the DNA results were finally confirmed. So LE's caution isn't that surprising.

And I think you're right not to post the names and so forth.

I agree with everything you stated. I was watching the "Mr. Bones" thread. A member of this site came up with a lead. Everything lined up perfectly. It was a slam dunk. But, the Dna said otherwise. I still think there is something to it. Despite the results. It's that solid.

As far as the girls....I personally believe it's them. I believe the families were told.... there was even a creditable story on the identification, that was published and taken down....

It is a strange thing to say "I hope it's them" because i don't "want it to be them" or anyone else for that matter.

But I think it is, and I'm just hoping this allows the families to move to the next chapter, and gives them some sense of peace.

I agree with everything you stated. I was watching the "Mr. Bones" thread. A member of this site came up with a lead. Everything lined up perfectly. It was a slam dunk. But, the Dna said otherwise. I still think there is something to it. Despite the results. It's that solid.

As far as the girls....I personally believe it's them. I believe the families were told.... there was even a creditable story on the identification, that was published and taken down....

It is a strange thing to say "I hope it's them" because i don't "want it to be them" or anyone else for that matter.

But I think it is, and I'm just hoping this allows the families to move to the next chapter, and gives them some sense of peace.

Yeah, I know what you mean about not wanting to hope it's them. But I guess we know it's going to be somebody.

In this case I think there's not much chance of a mistake, but something odd seems to be going on relative to the other girl. Not sure what it could be. Maybe the connection to how she came to be with the others involves still-living people and/or potential crimes? (That's purely guesswork on my part.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu