Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #101

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep I'm sure they have a well organized system to organize and process tips

I just wish the public would use common sense when submitting tips by following what Investigators have actually asked for specifically

I think many people think ahhh whats the harm, I matched this poi up on social media, I don't know him and I didn't witness anything but My Hinky meter is on high alert

They don't realize that resources are being wasted to look into erroneous tips rather than using those resources in a more purposeful manner

JMO
Part of the problem is that in their request for tips, LE reinforces the notion that no tip is insignificant and no matter how small you think it is, it may be important. It’s catch 22.

I think it is unreasonable to ask for the publics help in this way and not expect the majority of tips to be long shots. It’s the nature of the beast.

Random thought, I wonder how wide of a reach the new sketch has had in comparison to the old sketch. With the first sketch we know that had major distribution, billboards, etc. Have we heard anything about new billboards or current billboards updated to include the new sketch, or is this no longer a consideration due to LE’s more localized scope?

I also wonder specifically what percentage of people that have seen the old sketch, whether it be via social media, internet news, tv news, fliers, etc have seen the new sketch. I’m willing to venture that it’s likely there are people out there who haven’t seen the new sketch.

Possibly, aside from the building being abandoned not the car this clarification may refer to the description of the car, not the driver, assuming it’s not in addition to. What they’re looking for is quite confusing -

Their Multi-Agency Task Force provided the following points of clarification after Monday’s informational news conference:
  • A car was parked in the abandoned CPS building parking lot between the hours of noon and 5:00 p.m. on February 13, 2017
    • We are looking for anyone who could give a description of vehicles that were in the parking lot during the time
  • The location of the abandoned CPS building was 6931 West 300 North, Delphi, IN
    • The building has since been demolished and the lot is vacant.
Indiana State Police releases clarification points on Delphi murder suspect

Agree. Very confusing. This is what I was referring to in #464. There is a major difference IMO between looking for a car and looking for a description of a car. I understand LE needs to keep things quiet but I feel strongly this needs to be clarified once and for all. Is the public supposed to send in tips on the driver, the owner, the vehicle, the current location of the vehicle or some combination of the above.

BG video Frame # 48

This is the last frame, frame # 48, from the new extended ISP video. We have altogether 48 individual frames:

(click to enlarge)

View attachment 184084

This is the frame IMO, that ISP based their very first publication of BG - together with the second picture) on their website. It is also possible, that they eliminated that particular frame from the video. Just IMO.

View attachment 184085

As you can see, this very first pic of BG is of better quality.

I took this initial pic of BG and eliminated the background for clarity:

View attachment 184087

Hope it helps.

ALL IMO

-Nin

Gosh, it does not matter how many times I see this image(s), all I see is GUN. He might as well be wearing it on his forehead, moo.

Other reports mention the driver of the car parked -

“Officials also announced they are looking for information about the driver of a car parked between noon and 5 p.m. Feb. 13, 2017, at the offices of the old Child Protection Services on County Road 300 North east of the Hoosier Heartland Highway.”
ISP on Delphi killer: 'We believe you're hiding in plain sight'
Well here is a bit of a stretch, but...
The “old Child Protection Services” offices....

Wow, how ironic...or *intentional*. What’s the connection there, or random?

Agree. Very confusing. This is what I was referring to in #464. There is a major difference IMO between looking for a car and looking for a description of a car. I understand LE needs to keep things quiet but I feel strongly this needs to be clarified once and for all. Is the public supposed to send in tips on the driver, the owner, the vehicle, the current location of the vehicle or some combination of the above.

Then today, the latest tip request has excluded any mention of a vehicle whatsoever:

Delphi: Over 3k tips received since new sketch released
State police also remind tipsters to remember the following when submitting tips:

• Be specific as possible to a description
  • Name and age if possible
  • A connection to Delphi and that person’s location or address at this time
  • Leaving information on how we can contact you for possible clarification of your tip is helpful but not required
"Please remember that we are looking for information that could lead to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons who committed this crime," Indiana State Police said in their release.
Tips can remain anonymous.

Just out of curiosity, did the recent press conference and the information released change anyone’s theory about this case or BG? I was aware of, but did not follow this case prior to the PC.

Yes. My original feeling was that the crime was committed by someone young, possibly even an older teen. Then they released the video still of BG (and later the sketch) and described someone much older. That left out my original theory. Now that the new sketch has been released, and they're saying he's someone much younger (or looks younger), it's made me reevaluate my first theory.

I wonder if they have information about a suspect car in other parts of town but are now trying to find out if it was seen at the old CPS building. That would fit with the comment about knowing he moved quickly around town.

A sad coincidence for sure, but I think it's just that-a coincidence. We've parked there when the smaller "lot" was full. The parking situation at the park is not ideal. It's often just a park wherever you can find a place type of deal. We've probably parked at the old CPS building half a dozen times and I didn't even know that's what it was until the press conference.

I think it was totally random, and based purely on convenience.

Expanding on this, if we tried hard enough, we could probably come up with numerous coincidences, examples of symbolism, and connections to other unrelated cases.

Im thinking as I write this. Apologies in advance. What if ten people in town come forward and said we saw a yellow Volkswagon parked at the abandoned CPS building parking lot between noon and five on February 13th. How does that help LE, unless BG specifically told them when interviewed possibly two years ago, "my yellow Volkswagon was in the shop that day" or "I wasnt in town that day," or "my car was parked in my garage while I was home alone that day." The only way I can see this making any sense is if they are trying to catch him in a lie.

MOO - whatever would match their information so that they could confirm that it is the true witness. And then they will ask him/her more. I think that only the true witness would know what car was parked there, the color, make, dirty or clean, a crack on the window, etc. If they post specifics, then people will clog the lines again, some truly willing to help, some in hope of a reward.

I think it was totally random, and based purely on convenience.

Expanding on this, if we tried hard enough, we could probably come up with numerous coincidences, examples of symbolism, and connections to other unrelated cases.
The consensus thus far is random.
Not sure on this one, folks. I wonder if there is a tie back to that organization, and some real or perceived abuse the Perp experienced. Perhaps far fetched, but who knows.

I’m one who tends to believe there is little that is random in these type of well contemplated crimes.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Yes. My original feeling was that the crime was committed by someone young, possibly even an older teen. Then they released the video still of BG (and later the sketch) and described someone much older. That left out my original theory. Now that the new sketch has been released, and they're saying he's someone much younger (or looks younger), it's made me reevaluate my first theory.
There is something to first instincts or gut feelings. They tend to be right.

Im thinking as I write this. Apologies in advance. What if ten people in town come forward and said we saw a yellow Volkswagon parked at the abandoned CPS building parking lot between noon and five on February 13th. How does that help LE, unless BG specifically told them when interviewed possibly two years ago, "my yellow Volkswagon was in the shop that day" or "I wasnt in town that day," or "my car was parked in my garage while I was home alone that day." The only way I can see this making any sense is if they are trying to catch him in a lie.

Somebody declaring more than two years later they remember a specific car in a parking lot wouldn’t make a very convincing witness, I don’t think....unless someone had come forward early on and provided information and now LE wanted to speak with that same person again. Mentioning vague information was how LE went about extending the request.

Otherwise, I’m perplexed.

The consensus thus far is random.
Not sure on this one, folks. I wonder if there is a tie back to that organization, and some real or perceived abuse the Perp experienced. Perhaps far fetched, but who knows.

I’m one who tends to believe there is little that is random in these type of well contemplated crimes.

Amateur opinion and speculation
I look at other similar cases as a guide.

This has all the hallmarks of a random, sexually motivated double murder.

The “double” part is unusual, but not unprecedented.

I can think of several recent cases where the killer committed a crime of opportunity, and didn’t have any connection to the victim.

Vanessa Marcotte, Mollie Tibbetts, Karina Vetrano, etc.

I believe this case is just like those.

Just out of curiosity, did the recent press conference and the information released change anyone’s theory about this case or BG? I was aware of, but did not follow this case prior to the PC.

Edit: it’s a weird question, I know.
For me, yes it did. I had someone in mind for the first BG sketch. And then they whipped out second BG sketch and I had to start all over. :)

Then today, the latest tip request has excluded any mention of a vehicle whatsoever:

Delphi: Over 3k tips received since new sketch released
State police also remind tipsters to remember the following when submitting tips:

• Be specific as possible to a description
  • Name and age if possible
  • A connection to Delphi and that person’s location or address at this time
  • Leaving information on how we can contact you for possible clarification of your tip is helpful but not required
"Please remember that we are looking for information that could lead to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons who committed this crime," Indiana State Police said in their release.
Tips can remain anonymous.

Wondering if LE established whatever they needed to re: the vehicle and now they just have to track this guy down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member