Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #101

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here’s a random thought thinking more about this gun business.

Say hypothetically he was interrupted during the crimes and LE was able to respond. Would he have shot at LE? I bet he would have considering he has no problem killing 2 little girls, JMO. I think the gun for him was not only his method of threatening, but perhaps his insurance for escaping as well.

I believe you are correct about this. IIRC, after JP was arrested, he indicated that he would have used his gun against police right after kidnapping JC, had he been pulled over. If I'm not mistaken, two or three police vehicles passed him with lights and sirens as he fled the crime scene. He was very determined, IMO, to do whatever was necessary to get what he wanted without being caught. I feel the same about BG.

Very amateur genealogist here but I recently obtained results of my DNA matches, of which there are hundreds. Amazingly enough one click takes me to about 10 members of the community in which I was raised. I still don't know how I am related to those folks (3 well known families), but it certainly seems to bring my unknown ancestry right back into the community in which I grew up. Perhaps this is how LE has zeroed in on the perp being a past or present resident of Delphi or at least related to someone there.
IMO, LE assumes BG has a connection (past or present) to Delphi since he was familiar with the bridge and possible escape routes. It's what many of us also assumed from the beginning. But that's just a guess, of course.

Very amateur genealogist here but I recently obtained results of my DNA matches, of which there are hundreds. Amazingly enough one click takes me to about 10 members of the community in which I was raised. I still don't know how I am related to those folks (3 well known families), but it certainly seems to bring my unknown ancestry right back into the community in which I grew up. Perhaps this is how LE has zeroed in on the perp being a past or present resident of Delphi or at least related to someone there.

wow, that gave me a shiver up my spine reading your post. I think that could be exactly so.

I’d like to bring forward the possibly body holster that imo I think he’s wearing.

For us that have been here since the beginning sorry for repost, but since there are new members joining us and some new to the case here I’d like to show this.

It’s interesting how I got this image of the “holster”. I was on the board here trying to figure out what I thought was an awkward position of the gun.

IMO somewhen very experienced, perhaps someone who has been in LE JMO sent me a PM with the link to the holster. This poster has never commented in the thread. They registered/signed in just to send me this pic IMO. Let me see if I can find it. @Jethro4WS was able to “flip” the image to make it applicable iirc. Looking for post, standby, this could take a while. I’m looking for the original post, if anyone knows where it is please post, tia.

Yes there is, I was looking and then got sidetracked. I’ll keep looking. It might be in the image thread.
@margarita25 Thank you for bringing these things forward. I think LE is retracing their steps & I feel we need to do the same.
I agree about “seeing” a possible gun in the still image...for 2 yrs I can not unsee it...I’ve tried, to no avail.
MOO

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachments/bg_walk_3frames-gif.116223/

bg_walk_3frames-gif.116223
Is this from the image thread? Would you be able to put the LE vid next to this?

IMO, LE would give a description of the car if they had a description of the car. I don't think they're playing a cat-and-mouse game with the suspect.

They could also have already run a registration search to find names and addresses of everyone who owned a vehicle that fit it’s description. So JMO, they’re looking for very specific information about an individual to link with other information they’re already aware of.

I’m guessing that perhaps the people who do not see the gun do not have experience with firearms or have never owned a gun. I would BET MY LIFE that’s a gun.
I have carried a gun for years and am very knowledgeable about them. I cannot see a gun under his jacket. At one point early on, I thought I did. But the trigger and what would be the handle looks all wrong. My LE people do not see it either. They say it looks too big and could possibly be multiple items. Maybe in a bag. Binoculars? I think his gun was on or inside his waist area. Again, these are only opinions.

Regarding “tip” reporting:

Years ago my former husband and I bought a home in the country that had a large yard. The yard had been neglected and the first thing we did was landscape the yard.

Shortly after we completed the landscaping, our neighbors had a large family get-together. We were shocked to come home and see them casually parking cars in our front yard! There were several cars parked already and the neighbor was standing there directing another car into our yard as we pulled into our driveway. WTH?? He walked over and said that the previous homeowner had given them permission to park cars in their yard.

We informed him nicely that we had spent a lot of money and time landscaping and we didn’t want anyone parking on our grass. He was furious, told us that they only had a small driveway, and where did we expect his guests to park???

The very next day someone reported us as a “tip” in some crime that was in the news at the time. When an investigator came to talk to us he said all tips had to be followed up on, and said clearly some “tips” result from neighborhood disputes. In about two seconds he said that he realized the “tip” on us was unsubstantiated.

Wow! How unfortunate that they would go to such lengths. As you said, it is your property! I think about everybody has at least one of "those" neighbors like that on their street, ave, road. Sad, but I'm afraid it's true. You know, the kind who feel entitled, don't mind pushing people around, and who seem more than happy to try to get the cops involved, even when it's not warranted.

Do we know if all the people on the trail that day have come forward and spoken? Even people who didn’t see BG? Any interviews out there to read on this?

From my memory, BG is the only person who did not come forward and that is why he is the suspect. If you look in the media thread probably page 1, where they first issue the picture, you should find the MSM.

Do we know if all the people on the trail that day have come forward and spoken? Even people who didn’t see BG? Any interviews out there to read on this?

No, LE has not released interviews nor any documents related to the investigation. I can also understand why other people are not speaking to the media about this case, other than the family members who have done so. RL is a good example. Rumours and speculation seem to erupt like wildfire and I’m certain it has touched almost every member of the community in one way or another by now.

But early on I vaguely recall LE stating that everyone on the trail had came forward except the man Libby videoed on the bridge, which was why he became the prime suspect.

Perhaps I have too much time on my hands today, but I have been thinking some more about the LE statement that they want to learn about the car to help figure out how BG was able to move about so rapidly. Could it be that the current sketch of BG was seen somewhere that would make it difficult to get to the suspected car (if the car was already seen as suspicious early on). Therefore, the sketch was discounted. However, if someone did drive the car to pick up BG, then the latest sketch could be the suspect. I'm sure there are probably holes in this theory, and it would only work if LE want to know the driver, and not the car, I think. Anyway, I wonder how this particular car fits with getting around quickly in ways that another car might not. The emphasis on the car seems to me even stronger than the revelation of the new sketch. For instance, if LE know the car was gone by 5 p.m. and the suspect was spotted by the witness at 5:10 in a different area, they could be ruled out if LE had suspicions about the car already. Not sure that I believe myself.
MOO

MOO there is an alternate south Deer Creek trail- probably not much more than a deer path from I25 south Freedom Bridge.

This info is from the excellent map of the east side of i25 Delphi park trails showing the trail from Freedom Bridge to MHB. (somewhere in thread #100- cant find)
On the map there ia a proposed trail
on the south side of Deer creek.

From the CPS building going south and parallel to I25 a walker crosses the MHB trail very close to Freedom Bridge and then proceeds to Deer Creek.

The map shows a proposed foot bridge over Deer Creek where there is sandbar in the creek. MOO this crossing place looks like the same 3-4" of water place to cross by the MHB.

After crossing the creek the proposed trail then turns east. It goes under forest cover on the south side of the creek supposedly terminating across from the refuge. MOO thee ia going to be a path over to the south side of the MH Bridge.

MOO this creates an alternate path from CPS parking lot to MHB where a walker can get in or get out or both.
This path has little exposure to other people, with just one major exposure when crossing the main trail.
Just had a thought, if this trail had any closed in brush, maybe BG went to the urgent care or doctor for a deer tick sometime in the weeks after 2/13/17.

Last edited:
Just a thought...LE stated in the PC in April/2019 that BG could live in Delphi now, or came back to visit. Some theories suggested the PC was right after Easter because maybe BG was back visiting. My thought is this..why might he have been back visiting in Feb. 2017? A funeral, wedding, a big birthday/anniversary party, baptism, etc. Be curious to know if there was an event such as these and for whom. Valentine's Day doesn't seem like an occasion to visit by itself, but who knows. I've followed this case since the beginning and it still drives me completely nuts!

I 100% agree with your last sentence, but not the first part of your post.
Lusting after 13-14 year old girls doesn't make someone a pedophile, it's not ok if you're an adult, yes, but don't mix it up with lusting after prepubescents and little toddlers.

Anyway, I think "hiding in plain sight" meant just that. People of Delphi don't recognize him because they haven't seen him in casual clothing before. He wears a uniform or overalls whenever they see him, and they've never seen him with his hands in his pockets because he's always carrying tools or he's working with them, electrician, mechanic, etc, even a preacher use their hands more than BG. He might be the most upstanding citizen of Delphi, super-loved and always there for anyone in need. But no one has ever seen him out of that image. They don't recognize his walk because in the video he's walking on a wobbly broken bridge where he has to watch each step, they don't recognize his voice because when he's at work he's not in psycho stalker mode.

I still think LE finally went the DNA-route (Parabon/GEDmatch etc,) just haven't been able to pinpoint WHO, out of three, nine, twenty-five. The PC was way too detailed. They know his family, imo.
I also believe he has been in contact with LE, that he left signs at the scene and possibly has sent them letters since.

imo, jmo, etc.

With respect, I disagree. I absolutely view a grown man lusting after a 14 yr old as a pedophile in every sense.

Yes, his right side.
(Possibly in a body holster)

Eta: which brings to mind again that IF they were shot, ballistics obviously hasn’t produced a match.

I wonder if he makes in his own bullets, and perhaps even silencer.

We don’t know that they were shot. Just thinking out loud. Just because he had a gun it doesn’t mean that’s how they were killed. I suspect he had a knife and rope as well, jmo.

Imo, that isn't a gun. I don't think he subdued them with a gun. MOO

Thank you.

This discussion about Gabbi makes me think about her perp, who he was, what his whole deal was. Now not that every perp is the same, but if there’s one thing they have in common, they are child killers and committed the crimes quickly, assaulting and leaving Gabbi near that creek or whatever it was.

So, not to stray off topic as I believe looking at a potentially similar perp is valuable for academic purposes here as related to this discussion.

As much as I hate to do, I will bring forward that dirtbag’s basic stats.

Last edited:
With respect, I disagree. I absolutely view a grown man lusting after a 14 yr old as a pedophile in every sense.

I think technically the poster may be referring to hebephelia?

“Hebephilia is the strong, persistent sexual interest by adults in pubescent children, which is typically ages 11–14. It differs from pedophilia, and from ephebophilia.”
Hebephilia - Wikipedia

“Ephebophilia is the primary sexual interest in mid-to-late adolescents, generally ages 15 to 19. The term was originally used in the late 19th to mid 20th century. It is one of a number of sexual preferences across age groups subsumed under the technical term chronophilia.”
Ephebophilia - Wikipedia

“Pedophilia (alternatively spelt paedophilia) is a psychiatric disorder in which an adult or older adolescent experiences a primary or exclusive sexual attraction to prepubescent children.”
Pedophilia - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members