The ransom note

There no evidence John was involved in what was done to JonBenet.

There is evidence he found the body in the morning earlier in the morning. He admitted this to his son in law. That’s probably when he moved her to be more easily found later on. Of course he was involved. If he found her earlier in the morning and didn’t say anything, he is involved. It doesn’t mater if she was in the suitcase, the crawl space or behind the water heater, John Ramsey found her and didn’t say anything.

Think it through.

If John finds the body in the morning in the small room in the condition it was in when brought upstairs then he had nothing to do with what was done to JonBenet. He knew nothing about it untill just before 11 am. That means he had nothing to do with the rn.

If the placement of the body and the condition of the body were news to John at 11 am he was not involved in any way in what was done to JonBenet.

Drag, if this is true, why didn’t he announce finding her body at 11? If he wasn’t involved with the ransom note, but figured patsy was, why risk leaving his fibers or dna at the crime scene? Would he do that for Patsy..Or Burke?

The answer to that is long.
To understand what John did you have to understand he had been encountering Patsy for sometime and not handling it well.

She was in full hystrionic display when she handed him the note. He tried to put 2 and 2 together but stopped short because 2+2 = Patsy isn't right.

That is the formula he had been NOT working on for sometime. Dealing with personality disorders is difficult.

When he first found the body his mind stopped even with the 2+2 part. It's a fight or flight situation and he flew away in his mind.
He closed the door and returned to the proceedings in a state of repression, iow THAT didn't just happen.

When Arndt prompted another search John went back to the place AND TIME the delusion began and acted as if it was all new with a different story; 2+2 = anything but 4, 2+2 = intruder.

He joined Patsy in a parallel course having never talked to her about it.

His motive was to save his sanity and not face real Evil. The Evil "out there" is much easier to deal with.

Dont get me wrong I think one of the Ramseys penned the ransom note, but Ive always thought it was wierd that there were no tears found on the paper, think about this, with all that went on that night how could anyone be composed, and not in a state of chaos, and yet be be able to pen a ransom note that was pristine?
Someone who fakes a ransom note may overcompensate by being overly neat and careful. However! if it was someone outside the family who was just careful enough to leave no marks then logically they might also be careful enough to use paper from inside the house (which they did) that can’t be tracked back to them.

There was no one there that night other than the 4 Ramseys.
There are multiple suspects other than family members - most notably Gary Oliva, John Mark Karr and Bill McReynolds. Investigators found a broken window in the basement she was found in as well as footprints in the snow outside.

ripley666, this Bill McReynolds was not properly investigated and then he just died - end of story...I always thought of him as of a strange figure and his wife's novel and his card to JB were super suspicious and coincidental ...Anyway if another person/people were at the house that night, sure JR and PR know or suspect strongly who it was...

ripley666, this Bill McReynolds was not properly investigated and then he just died - end of story...I always thought of him as of a strange figure and his wife's novel and his card to JB were super suspicious and coincidental ...Anyway if another person/people were at the house that night, sure JR and PR know or suspect strongly who it was...
I agree McReynolds is creepy as hell, he even asked his wife to mix a vial of glitter Jonbenet gave him into his ashes when he died. That being said, there isn’t a non-creepy suspect in this case.
There’s no way to know if the parents had their own suspicions as they were so uncooperative with the police. They said it was to prevent people considering them suspects...which clearly did not go well

"There are multiple suspects other than family members"

No there isn't.

The only thing in this whole case less likely to be true than the ransom note is - well, nothing! This struck the first inauthentic note and it's still ringing.

And don't forget that the McReynolds' own daughter and her friend were allegedly abducted and sexually assaulted - on December 26, 1974. Yet another very strange coincidence. . .

I point this out as a long-time fence-sitter. I tend to lean more heavily RDI these days, but I never rule out other possibilities. The McReynolds are definitely on that list of other possibilities.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53
Back