GA - Marianne Shockley, dead in hot tub, Milledgeville GA, May 12 2019

I too am wondering if this was sex choking gone horribly wrong but what I find really odd is the one man admitting that because "she was breathing a little bit" they waited 45 minutes to call 911. During that time though he was doing internet searches and texting friends asking how to do CPR and saying he needed help? All that and no time to pull on some pants? What the actual............???????

there are so many things wrong with this scenario....where do I begin?

Dang, how do I word this properly? This woman was an accomplished professor....and now there will be those who only remember her for being found naked & strangled in a hot tub with two naked guys.

Waiting for the facts to come out. This is so bizarre.

I too am wondering if this was sex choking gone horribly wrong but what I find really odd is the one man admitting that because "she was breathing a little bit" they waited 45 minutes to call 911. During that time though he was doing internet searches and texting friends asking how to do CPR and saying he needed help? All that and no time to pull on some pants? What the actual............???????

Drugs?

A psychologist who runs a yoga studio, a university entomologist, and a used car salesman get into a hot tub, and....sounds more like the set-up to a joke than to a macabre tragedy.
It sure does! Thanks to internet chat rooms/groups etc it can put 3 of the most unlikely people together. MOO

Boyfriend is charged with murder after 'strangled' university professor lover is found dead in hot tub - while another man at the scene shoots himself dead while waiting to be questioned by cops
  • Marianne Shockley, 42, was found dead in a hot tub at a home in Georgia
  • She was at the Milledgeville home of Clark Heindel, 69, with her boyfriend, Marcus Lillard, 41, at the home at the time of her death
  • Both men were naked and trying to resuscitate Shockley when deputies arrived
  • When deputies questioned Lillard, Heindel went into his home and killed himself
  • Authorities found him in his bedroom with self-inflicted gunshot wound to head
  • Lillard was later charged with murder by strangulation and aggravated assault
Police were on scene and yet the homeowner and a potential suspect was able to absent himself from custody and commit suicide. It will be interesting to see results of tox screens.

And why did the older man shoot himself, if Lillard was the one responsible.. although, it'd be mighty hard to face family, etc. after something like this becomes public. SMH.

Imagine, at his age and with his occupation, being found in such an odd situation. I'm sure he was ashamed, devastated, and most likely some other things. He didn't want to face it.

And why did the older man shoot himself, if Lillard was the one responsible.. although, it'd be mighty hard to face family, etc. after something like this becomes public. SMH.
And it was a psychologist who shot himself, seemingly making the decision within minutes to end his life. So very, very odd.

Hope LE and MSM don't bury this.

3 people together, and 2 of them are now dead.
I really do hope there is a thorough investigation.
Since the only one alive after this encounter is charged with murder, there HAS to be evidence. If there is a trial, we will learn of it I suppose. It is just one of those cases where I feel like I am invading the victims’ privacy with my curiosity of what in the world let to this tragedy.

Report reveals more about murder of UGA professor
“I asked Lillard if he went behind the diving board when he carried Shockley and he stated he actually grabbed her from the hot tub and jumped in the pool and swam with her to the other side,” according to Baldwin County Sheriff’s Office Deputy Sgt. Andrew Brantley. “Lillard stated that they (he and Shockley) exited the pool in the shallow end and he dropped her there.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back