UNSOLVED FL - Daytona Beach, near Volusia Mall, human remains, May'19

doodles1211

Reaction score
Human remains found near Volusia Mall, Daytona Beach police say

Human remains were discovered Friday near the Volusia Mall in Daytona Beach, according to Daytona Beach police.

The remains were found near Cheddar’s Scratch Kitchen and Olive Garden in the 1700 block of International Speedway Boulevard, the Police Department said Friday evening on Twitter. The restaurants sit on the southwest corner of the Volusia Mall.

No other information was immediately available.

Right on a big thoroughfare (92) and a retention pond on the corner. So either a convenient drop off or a homeless person.

Attachments

• B44A8934-856C-4428-9BE1-D9AF5DF3E7F9.jpeg
    B44A8934-856C-4428-9BE1-D9AF5DF3E7F9.jpeg
    242.6 KB · Views: 13
You may be right. I believe I had seen that remains had been found in that area previously, also. Maybe, there is a homeless camp around there?
Homeless camps in the undeveloped land around a mall are pretty common here. Florida law requires public restroom facilities in all businesses. At big mall complexes they’ll have a big wide hallway between the buildings with huge bathrooms, water fountains, & electric hand dryers. Plus the bus stops or trolly stops are near the malls.

I don't see anything either altho this old article does have a bit more details.
Published: May. 04, 2019
Authorities Working To ID Remains Found in Daytona Beach

Snip:
Investigators said a woman and her family were searching for frogs and turtles in a grassy area in the 1700 block of West International Speedway Boulevard just before 7 p.m. when they came across the bones.

No identification has been made as of yet and officials said it appears the remains were at the location for a lengthy period of time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back