The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
:cool: 45 Regal Facts About Queen Victoria​
"*Victoria was originally fifth in line to the throne of Britain. Her father, Prince Edward, was the fourth son of King George III. She had been conceived in the middle of a succession crisis, when her uncles were either unmarried, childless, or both.

*Bizarrely, there was no recorded case of hemophilia in Victoria’s family, on either side, before her. It is largely believed that the gene for hemophilia spontaneously mutated in either Victoria or her mother, but it has also led to speculation that she was secretly the illegitimate daughter of a man with hemophilia!

*One thing she did influence was a tradition concerning the wardrobe of British barristers. The traditional garb includes silk stockings, but they wear two pairs rather than just one. This was because Victoria took issue (not surprisingly) with the image of men’s hairs sticking through the tights.:eek: As a result, the barristers wore two pairs to keep their hairs hidden (as opposed to just shaving their legs). The tradition continues to this day.

*In 1880, President Rutherford B. Hayes received a particularly special gift from Victoria: She had ordered a desk to be built out of the wood from the HMS Resolute, a retired ship that had been abandoned during an Arctic expedition, then recovered and returned to Europe. The desk is used by US presidents to this day."
45 Regal Facts About Queen Victoria

:p I think the Daily Mail are picking up ideas from here!
@they'll get you called this one

No slowing down! The Queen, 93, has her busiest week of 2019, attending FIVE engagements in just six days - including a royal wedding and hosting 8,000 people for a garden party
"Life begins at 93, at least that's what you might be forgiven for thinking looking at the Queen's busy schedule this week.No slowing down! The Queen, 93, has her busiest week of 2019, attending FIVE engagements in just six days - including a royal wedding and hosting 8,000 people for a garden party"
13868478-0-image-a-28_1558625853393.jpg

No slowing down! How the Queen racked up five engagements and appearances in six days | Daily Mail Online

Did Prince William Just Reveal His Cute Nickname For Princess Charlotte? Sure Sounds Like It!

Prince William may have let slip an adorable term of endearment for his only daughter. The royal and wife Kate Middleton enjoyed a family outing with Princess Charlotte and her two brothers...

For those who can't watch the video, it seems that William referred to Charlotte as "Mignonette".

I listened to this clip a couple times. He says “have you been on yet” or something to that effect. People can be so silly.

A new theme park celebrating downmarket US tabloid magazine, the National Enquirer, has sparked outrage after turning Princess Diana ’s death into an attraction.

The owners have taken the events of August 31, 1997, in Paris and hope to cash in on the tragedy by charging adults up to £20 a time to see a remake of the crash.

Children will also be allowed to see the attraction.

Guests will even be polled over whether they think the Royals were involved in Diana’s death after seeing the exhibit.

The attraction, which opens tomorrow, is one of the key features of the National Enquirer Live! in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee.

Princess Diana car crash turned into theme park attraction by National Enquirer

This is outrageous.
Have to wonder what kind of sick mind thought this one up and what kind of sick minds would want to go see something like this. Disgusting.

:p I think the Daily Mail are picking up ideas from here!
@they'll get you called this one

No slowing down! The Queen, 93, has her busiest week of 2019, attending FIVE engagements in just six days - including a royal wedding and hosting 8,000 people for a garden party
"Life begins at 93, at least that's what you might be forgiven for thinking looking at the Queen's busy schedule this week.No slowing down! The Queen, 93, has her busiest week of 2019, attending FIVE engagements in just six days - including a royal wedding and hosting 8,000 people for a garden party"
13868478-0-image-a-28_1558625853393.jpg

No slowing down! How the Queen racked up five engagements and appearances in six days | Daily Mail Online

She’s busted many records already as a sitting monarch and possibly she’s in the running for the oldest monarch to do a marathon of appearances for her age without any walking aids.

Charles and William can’t compete as they are both already too old.
IIRC she was only 25 years old at her coronation.

Long live our wonderful queen and keep her well.
Her mum was an impressive woman as well. Go girl.

The longer you are our queen, the longer Camilla can’t sit up there. :cool:

Have to wonder what kind of sick mind thought this one up and what kind of sick minds would want to go see something like this. Disgusting.

I saw this as well, it is beyond depraved to make a "mockup" of a car crash that lead to the death of people. Granted, this is the "Enquirer" "museum". But this is a new low. I hope people boycott this place. But, given that it is right by "Dollywood" in Pigeon Forge...I doubt it.

I saw this as well, it is beyond depraved to make a "mockup" of a car crash that lead to the death of people. Granted, this is the "Enquirer" "museum". But this is a new low. I hope people boycott this place. But, given that it is right by "Dollywood" in Pigeon Forge...I doubt it.

I love Dolly! I would quite happily visit Dollywood but The Enquirer museum is something I would give a very wide berth to. I still remember the 'Batboy' headlines of the 8os.....

I can only imagine how Harry and William will feel about this. Very sad for them. Do the people who thought this up and the people who will visit it even think for a second how they would feel if their parents death circumstances were set up as an attraction :(

35CE5D96-73D2-4860-8C1E-D1585E065FD1.jpeg

Let’s talk about The Kiss.

See, all women in the royal family must curtsy to the Queen yet, when Kate saw the Queen, she instead kissed her on both cheeks and then quickly curtsied.

Trust me: This is BIG news.

For Kate to be allowed to greet Her Majesty with such informality is a breathtakingly big tick of approval.

But to kiss her with a phalanx of cameras and press watching
sends a very direct and forceful message: The Queen thinks Kate is doing a cracking job.

A kiss is not just a kiss when it's the royal family

A new theme park celebrating downmarket US tabloid magazine, the National Enquirer, has sparked outrage after turning Princess Diana ’s death into an attraction.

The owners have taken the events of August 31, 1997, in Paris and hope to cash in on the tragedy by charging adults up to £20 a time to see a remake of the crash.

Children will also be allowed to see the attraction.

Guests will even be polled over whether they think the Royals were involved in Diana’s death after seeing the exhibit.

The attraction, which opens tomorrow, is one of the key features of the National Enquirer Live! in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee.

Princess Diana car crash turned into theme park attraction by National Enquirer

This is outrageous.

This is really outrageous. —And sad. This rag is the absolute worst—known for their open casket photos and conspiracy stories without any regard someone’s family.

I had no idea such a theme park existed, much less would display something this macabre.

I wonder if the RF has any legal recourse. I know there have been documentaries on Diana’s death, and the conflicting reporting surrounding that tragic night. It seems the enquirer is lifting the most egregious conspiracies and turning it into entertainment. There are just no words for whoever thought this was a value added attraction. The marketing of no shame in anyone’s pain...

Who would even let their child see this?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members