Found Deceased UT-5 -Year-Old Elizabeth Shelley Found Deceased (UNCLE ARRESTED) #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure Lizzy's biological father is regretting that comment. He did say he had not seen him in four years. He was only 17 then. Probably no-one could have predicted their own family would do such a thing. I can't imagine what the mother is going through. It's too much to bear. Imo

I was meaning his attorney but yeah.

I'm sure Lizzy's biological father is regretting that comment. He did say he had not seen him in four years. He was only 17 then. Probably no-one could have predicted their own family would do such a thing. I can't imagine what the mother is going through. It's too much to bear. Imo

I think Edinlass maybe meant the lawyer?

I really don’t know what to say…. I have been following this case quietly and SO hoped for a different outcome, but knew on a rational level that a different outcome was unlikely. I work in Psychiatry and rarely describe someone as “malignantly narcissistic”. However, AW fits the bill! I agree with many of you that he is a psychopath… devoid of empathy and remorse. I do doubt that he will give up Lizzy’s location, because he likely enjoys the control and power.

Now, thinking about a motive, I am baffled (well, not really). I do worry that when Lizzy is found there will be evidence of SA. Again, I hope I am wrong because I don’t want to even imagine this. But, that would be my guess unfortunately. That makes the most sense to me right now. If he has a history of drug abuse, this would make even more sense. From what I have read so far, AW does have a history of alcohol abuse and alcohol is known to disinhibit. I always explain it to my patients that when under the influence of alcohol, it’s like alcohol makes it more likely that the individual “takes the foot off the brake” making it more likely that the individual acts on thoughts/impulses that he would have been able to suppress otherwise. I don’t know if this is applicable to this case. There is, of course, much much more going, first and foremost AWs personality etc. Alcohol alone surely cannot be blamed for this tragedy.

MOO.

I guess I am just trying to come up with different ways to somewhat explain the unexplainable…. Not very successful so far…
This is not explainable...

Lizzy, I am beyond devastated and my heart is hurting! You deserved so much better! So so much better! I am at a loss for words. WE NEED TO FIND YOU AND BRING YOU HOME!

"Demler says that he has known Whipple for most of his life and has represented his family in the past. He told 2News that when he presented Whipple with the facts and evidence, that's when he revealed where the 5-year-old's body was located.

When asked if Whipple had the intention to do this when he arrived at the Shelley home on Friday night, Demler says he doesn't believe so. The attorney said his client was "emotional" about the event. "

Elizabeth Shelley's body found near her home

Oh how could anyone defend this - i’d Want to rip his head off!!
On the other hand, the attorney has known AW for years. Perhaps AW trusts the attorney because of that. Who knows whether AW would have been forthcoming with a different attorney? Perhaps he might have eventually told or perhaps she would have been found anyway...someday. I’m just glad that *this* attorney was able to help bring a resolution to this case.

I know a couple of defense attorneys and they’ve stated that at times they’ve wanted to rip their client’s heads off. Defense attorneys are an important part of the US justice system even though I personally couldn’t do that job. (I have NO poker face.)

Fly high, Sweet Elizabeth!

"Demler says that he has known Whipple for most of his life and has represented his family in the past. He told 2News that when he presented Whipple with the facts and evidence, that's when he revealed where the 5-year-old's body was located.

When asked if Whipple had the intention to do this when he arrived at the Shelley home on Friday night, Demler says he doesn't believe so. The attorney said his client was "emotional" about the event. "

Yeah,he looked emotional in his mugshot!,so emotional he left that poor baby out there on her own in the dark for 5 days!!!!

Yes. The news report didn’t bother to include the sentence he added saying that it was several years ago and that things could have changed. I personally took it as saying what the person was like in the past but the media ignored that part.

(KUTV) — Elizabeth Shelley's body was found a quarter mile away from her home in Logan, according to Alex Whipple's Attorney Shannon Demler.

Demler says that he has known Whipple for most of his life and has represented his family in the past. He told 2News that when he presented Whipple with the facts and evidence, that's when he revealed where the 5-year-old's body was located.

When asked if Whipple had the intention to do this when he arrived at the Shelley home on Friday night, Demler says he doesn't believe so. The attorney said his client was "emotional" about the event.

"He didn't have any reason to be involved in anything such as this," Demler said.

Shelley was reported missing by her mother, Jessica, on Saturday at approximately 10 a.m. Both her and Whipple were not in the house, as they had been the night before.

Video report at link

On the other hand, the attorney has known AW for years. Perhaps AW trusts the attorney because of that. Who knows whether AW would have been forthcoming with a different attorney? Perhaps he might have eventually told or perhaps she would have been found anyway...someday. I’m just glad that *this* attorney was able to help bring a resolution to this case.

Yes I am also thankful it ended in finding her of course.

Has anyone found the court records for the charges made today? I’ve been on the scanner and haven’t been able to read through this thread.

Question - Since AW gave them the tip as to where to find Lizzy, I am assuming (and I know assuming can get one into trouble), that he has confessed?

So he pleads guilty - no trial - bye bye?

That would surprise me.
He'll say he blacked out, lawyer will use the fact that he 'helped' authorities as mitigating, blah blah. IMOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member