Found Deceased UT-5 -Year-Old Elizabeth Shelley Found Deceased (UNCLE ARRESTED) #3

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by MsFacetious, May 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

Missing girl's body recovered just 1/2 block from her home

'Empty life'

Bill Whipple said even though the family knew Alex Whipple had problems, his alleged act of violence has left them dumbfounded.

He said his grandson's mother abandoned him at age 5 and disappeared for a number of years. She then reappeared and took him to live in another county.

"All I can tell you is he had an empty life. He had an empty home, an empty life. He was in and out of foster homes, he would run away from them, he wouldn’t stay in them at all. He was always on the run. And these are the things that, after a while, start to wear on you," Bill Whipple said.

He said the family repeatedly offered him help and urged him to go to therapy but he declined. Though Alex Whipple had a difficult life, his grandfather said that in no way justifies his alleged actions.

Bill Whipple said Lizzy's mother had a good relationship with her brother, Alex, and had helped him. She had "no clue" her brother could do such a thing, he said, adding that Jessica Whipple had done everything she could to protect her kids, and did everything she could to survive.

"Lizzy was her whole life," he said.

2. Knox

Knox #justiceforMoni ~

Children are gifts, miracles and wonders, and when they're gone, they are gone.

Post of the year ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Last edited: May 30, 2019
  3. in search of

in search of Well-Known Member

Where have you seen it reported that Lizzy wasn't in a stable loving home? This is the first case I've seen in a long time where there have been 0 reports of CPS involvement, 0 reports from anyone saying that she wasn't well cared for and the members of the household weren't even suspected here or elsewhere.

I don't doubt that JW knew her brother was backsliding, but I can't fault her for not thinking her own brother, whom she had a good relationship with, would kill her daughter. JW is a victim in this.

4. borndem

borndem Anglophile & registered demwit

Yep, and the crimes he committed are DP-punishable in Utah. We'll have to wait & see if the tries to plead down to save his neck -- and to see if the prosecution will buy it. And there's always the Insanity Defense -- the very toughest of them all to plea and win -- if Utah even allows that, and if so, what that means in Utah.

5. borndem

borndem Anglophile & registered demwit

Or by falling into or walking through a creek, etc.

6. foleybrau

foleybrau Member

I think they traded the DP for the location of the body

7. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

Yes, that's all just speculation. Meanwhile that speculation is treating a woman that just lost her child. WS considers the parents of murdered children as victims. So we cannot speculate that they are to blame for their child's death unless they are a POI in the case.

Everything I have read about this mother was that she was a stable, responsible, loving parent to her children. Sure, her little brother had problems. But she never in a million years thought he would commit such an unthinkable act.

My heart goes out to her because she must be beyond devastated right now. She is not an irresponsible, unstable mother. She is the victim of wanting to be there for her brother, thinking the best of him, not realising the extent of his darkness.

8. in search of

in search of Well-Known Member

Yet in this case it wasn't a boyfriend, husband, or friend.

9. foleybrau

foleybrau Member

Certainly no doubt that she is a victim.

10. PeriwinkleE

PeriwinkleE Active Member

I’d love to cruise up to Logan to lay flowers or do something nice for Lizzie. Maybe pick up litter in the vicinity of where she lived to respect her life.

11. Tricia

Tricia Owner Websleuths.com Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Hey Everyone,

I have a bit of cleaning up to do with this thread. I'm going to close it and when I am finished I will open up a brand new thread.
    Thanks for your patience.

Tricia

12. Tricia

Tricia Owner Websleuths.com Staff Member Administrator Moderator

PLEASE CONTINUE THE DISCUSSION HERE

I am so sorry everyone. I literally fell asleep with my fingers on the keyboard sitting in my chair. I only woke up because my fat head fell forward and crashed on my computer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.