VERDICT WATCH Closing Arguments- Chase Merritt Charged W/Murder of Joseph, Summer, Gianni and Joe Jr McStay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because someone doesn't believe Chase is the murderer it doesn't mean they have to know who the real killers are. I wish I knew who they are. It's more than 1 person, probably more than 2. Hired killers are possible.

Why do you think authorities & professionals , after all these years and after all their work, have not hinted at this, themselves?

Because it's not based in truth. There was nothing at the Trial on either the PT or DT's part of the trial where it was stated the real killers are still at large.
smr's statement has nothing to do with the trial. It's a simple exercise in logic explaining that the exclusion of one theory is not necessarily mutually exclusive with the inclusion of another theory. Comprende?

Why do you believe there is no public outcry over this as well as repercussions called for to vote the failing authorities out of office or have the professionals fired and replaced?

Well, actually, I did see something on the Internet some time ago. If you search you may find it.

Good morning all!

WOW! And here I thought the jurors would start their deliberations this morning. Can't wait for Ms. Rodriguez to finish - and get this trial over with!

Great discussions last night!

Okay - to answer some of your questions re other trials.

katydid said:
Niner compiled a long list of upcoming trials, This link has June and July trials. I think Siever is in there:
Trials set to begin in June 2019

It might start in September though. On June 3 - when the trial "was supposed" to start - Sievers has a motions hearing @ 8:30am & Rodgers a pretrial hearing at 1:30pm.

smr said:
Are you ol' gang going to the Dan Markel murder trial?

That trial also has been delayed from 6/3. Status hearing on 6/18.

geevee said:
I'm not sure when that's scheduled, don't recall seeing it on @Niner 's list for upcoming. Maybe she can let us know, being the goddess of the scrolls that she is. :)

Re Durst trial - has arraignment hearing on Nov. 18, trial doesn't start until 1/13/20.

Bernina said:
I *think* he has Allison Feldman, and/or possibly Catherine Gorospe? Allison's starts after the new year, I think. Niner would know! LOL!

Oral arguments on 6/4. Trial starts 7/23/20!!

Thursday, May 30th:
*Trial continues (Day 58) (@ 9am PT) - CA - McStay Family: Joseph (40), Summer (43), Gianni (4) & Joey Jr (3) (Feb. 4, 2010, Fallbrook; found Nov. 11, 2013) - *Charles "Chase" Ray Merritt aka Charles Ray Mandel aka Charles Ray Morritt aka Chase Meredith aka Chase Jarvis (57/now 62) arrested (11/5/14) & indicted (11/7/14) of 4 counts of murder with special circumstance; plead not guilty. DP case.
Trial started 1/7/19. Dark on all Fridays. 7 women & 3 men & 1 + 1 gender unknown? (alternates include 3 men & 2 women-minus one; 5/28: Juror #9 (man) being let go due to illness).
Trial Days (1-55: 1/7/19 thru 5/23/19) reference post #32 here:
CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #20

5/28/19 Day 56: Judge Michael A. Smith is letting them know that Juror #9 is being replaced with an alternate. He is also giving them additional photos of Merritt's work truck they have viewed in person. Judge gave juror instructions. Judge Smith tells jurors they will consider either 1st degree murder, 2nd degree murder or not guilty in the deaths of the McStay family. Supervising Deputy District Attorney Britt Imes gave final argument. Defense closing argument from James McGee. Court adjourned until 9am PDT tomorrow morning, 5/29. James McGee will continue with is closing argument. Jury will not be deliberating on this Friday, although they will be for succeeding Fridays, depending on the length of deliberations.
5/29/19 Day 57: Defense attorney James McGee finishes his closing arguments. With jury out of court, prosecutor accuses defense of misconduct and violating rules of professional conduct. Why? During closing, defense asked why prosecutor didn’t call a McStay business partner, (DK) in violation of judge order. Judge telling jury to disregard comment about Dan K, by Mr McGee during his closing. Defense attorney Rajan Maline continued with closing arguments. Deputy DA Melissa Rodriguez began rebuttal. Prosecution rebuttal will resume Thursday 5/30 at 9am.
Tentative Schedule for week of May 27th thru May 31st: NO court-Memorial Day Holiday: May 27th (Monday). May 28th (Tuesday)-Closing Arguments, May 29th (Wednesday)-Defense continues closing; Jury deliberates, May 30th (Thursday)-DA rebuttal & Jury deliberates. Dark on May 31st (Friday).
Tentative Schedule for week of June 3rd thru June 7th:
Court in session all week for Jury deliberations…..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member