Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #105

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming LE has more information than we do, there's probably a reason why they say he lives in or is from the Delphi area. Without knowing what they know, I'd venture to guess it's because the trail isn't widely known outside of the Delphi area (though it's findable online) and BG seemed to be able to get in and out of there quickly. One side of that creek is private land. It's a fluid investigation, and I'm sure they're following wherever the leads may take them. If they get one from outside of the Delphi area, then we know from past experience that they'll follow it, too.

BBM - They said they were on to something in the beginning. At the beginning of any investigation they start close and extend their focus out. They look at who the victim(s) know and who physically was in the area or could’ve been in the area at the time.

Something happened after mid January, IMO. Maybe it was DNA family tree research, maybe just a tip but there was a reboot and a revelation. I think the recent silence from LE is a very good thing and justice is coming for Libby and Abby. AJMO and praying it's so.

I think what happened was they got through ALL the tips and leads, and were still completely clueless as to who did this. I think the reboot was necessary as they simply have nothing else to go on, sadly.

BBM - They said they were on to something in the beginning. At the beginning of any investigation they start close and extend their focus out. They look at who the victim(s) know and who physically was in the area or could’ve been in the area at the time.

There's a reason for everything they say. When I don't understand how they came to a decision or I'm confused about their line of thinking, I always just tell myself that it must make sense to them since they have all the info.

Assuming LE has more information than we do, there's probably a reason why they say he lives in or is from the Delphi area. Without knowing what they know, I'd venture to guess it's because the trail isn't widely known outside of the Delphi area (though it's findable online) and BG seemed to be able to get in and out of there quickly. One side of that creek is private land. It's a fluid investigation, and I'm sure they're following wherever the leads may take them. If they get one from outside of the Delphi area, then we know from past experience that they'll follow it, too.
I'm curious what makes LE say he got around quickly after the murders. The meaning of that statement is elusive. Did they mean get out of the woods quickly, by foot? Out of the trail area completely, by vehicle?

How do they know for sure he didn't hike downstream, through the woods, or find a hole to hide in? I'm not saying I think this is what happened, but I do think LE has information that tells them more about his mode of escape that day.

I'm curious what makes LE say he got around quickly after the murders. The meaning of that statement is elusive. Did they mean get out of the woods quickly, by foot? Out of the trail area completely, by vehicle?

How do they know for sure he didn't hike downstream, through the woods, or find a hole to hide in? I'm not saying I think this is what happened, but I do think LE has information that tells them more about his mode of escape that day.

Yeah, I'm really curious about what makes them positive. How do they know, for instance, that he actually left the park at all? That he didn't just hang around and then later join the search party? (I don't think he did that, but how do they KNOW he didn't?) They also made the comment about how they know he parked at the old govt building. How do they know that was him?

I like knowing stuff.

I think what happened was they got through ALL the tips and leads, and were still completely clueless as to who did this. I think the reboot was necessary as they simply have nothing else to go on, sadly.
Maybe they re-interviewed some people and someone slipped up and said something only the killer would know, thinking they'd heard it in the news over the last two years when the info. hadn't actually been released. And if not, maybe they should be reinterviewing every single person for this reason.

the only other kind of concrete proof would be if he had dropped something there tying him to the girls murders.....murder weapon, clothing,libbys phone.....and likely how they've obtained any dna too

Yeah, I'm really curious about what makes them positive. How do they know, for instance, that he actually left the park at all? That he didn't just hang around and then later join the search party? (I don't think he did that, but how do they KNOW he didn't?) They also made the comment about how they know he parked at the old govt building. How do they know that was him?

I like knowing stuff.
And iIrc, LE never stated outright if the vehicle they were (but not anymore) asking about was directly linked to BG, or somebody else. *Thanks @MistyWaters for putting that little worm in my ear.

Motive is the biggest puzzle. If LE really has a lot more audio, wouldn’t the “why” of BG going after the girls have been recognized? And if not, wouldn’t LE have just said something like, to the best of our knowledge, the BG didn’t seem to have a reason?

What harm to the investigation would come from LE giving that clue? I don’t recall them ever saying for sure that the girls did not know who BG was, or at least recognize him in some way.

If someone was marching you down a hill, even with a gun, wouldn’t you ask why? Or, did the girls already know they were heading somewhere with BG, and perhaps at that point still not realize it was about to go terribly wrong? Maybe to find a scavenger hunt item, look for something dropped, even to secretly go try their first joint or a can of beer? I know, I know, they were good kids, but... they were also young teens exploring independence.

Last edited:

I'm curious as well.
From the wlfi interview:
ISP on Delphi killer: 'Somebody may have already interviewed him'
"The importance of the car also ties into why police now believe the killer is local. Riley said after reviewing many tips, investigators determined he was able to get around quickly on the day the girls were killed, and seemed to know the area."

It sounds like Riley is implying that the car and/or killer were seen multiple places that day and that he traveled to these places by car. Was a car matching the description of the car at the welfare building spotted on security cameras in the area?

Maybe we shouldn't try to read too much into it.

Motive is the biggest puzzle. If LE really has a lot more audio, wouldn’t the “why” of BG going after the girls have been recognized? And if not, wouldn’t LE have just said something like, to the best of our knowledge, the BG didn’t seem to have a reason?

What harm to the investigation would come from LE giving that clue? I don’t recall them ever saying for sure that the girls did not know who BG was, or at least recognize him in some way.

If someone was marching you down a hill, even with a gun, wouldn’t you ask why? Or, did the girls already know they were heading somewhere with BG, and perhaps at that point still not realize it was about to go terribly wrong? Maybe to find a scavenger hunt item, look for something dropped, even go to secretly try their first joint or a can of beer? I know, I know, they were good kids, but... they were also young teens exploring independence.
My own impression of LE asking "why" is just a general, why does this sort of thing happen? Why does a human being reach a point where they decide to wipe out the lives of two young girls?

Unless BG stopped to explain his reasoning on the audio, his motive likely wasn't clear. But who knows, except LE, of course. JMO

I'm curious as well.
From the wlfi interview:
ISP on Delphi killer: 'Somebody may have already interviewed him'
"The importance of the car also ties into why police now believe the killer is local. Riley said after reviewing many tips, investigators determined he was able to get around quickly on the day the girls were killed, and seemed to know the area."

It sounds like Riley is implying that the car and/or killer were seen multiple places that day and that he traveled to these places by car. Was a car matching the description of the car at the welfare building spotted on security cameras in the area?

Maybe we shouldn't try to read too much into it.
I've had the same thought about the car being seen all over town. And that would be ideal. I guess I feel like if that was the case, though, they maybe could have tracked him down by now? Again, MistyWaters made some good arguments against the car being BG's. Plus if they had a vehicle seen in other locations, might they not ask people to report seeing it in town, or wherever, too? IDK. But I still wonder.

The line about "...many tips, investigators determined he was able to get around quickly on the day the girls were killed..." really sounds like they are talking about a larger area than the trail system, but I could just be reading what I want out of it.

Last edited:
Back in the 1950's I remember watching The Lone Ranger on our black and white TV.
"Who was that masked man?" people would ask. He was a Texas Ranger righting injustice.
That is the,question in THIS case.
Who is the young, masked psychopath (masked as an older man) who robbed this world of two lovely teens from Delphi?
I believe LE knows who he is...the epitome of INJUSTICE....but need more evidence to build a case that tucks him away for life without parole.
Rest in peace, Abby and Libby. Justice is right around the corner. MOO

Does he mention someone should recognize the voice?

So this guy lives alone and his parents are dead? If they know this then they would know who he is IMO.
I'm a chronic insomniac but this case has kept me up despite of that fact, and I'm guessing the same for many of you.
The last few weeks and still yesterday, many of us just know something is off with this, really off. The PC in April set off a bit of a "storm" and we've been left "flying in the wind." We are confused by the very deliberate tone and words Carter used and yet, at the same time not really giving us much to chew on.
After doing a bit of surfing off WS (I ignore the whackos) some pieces are falling together for me. Nagging thoughts that actually started right after I saw the PC and started looking back at this case. Although I was convinced to begin with that they had their suspect locked in, they just needed to tie up the case with more evidence, I had to do an "about face" when Carter started talking more, post PC. I now believe they have a strong suspicion what group of individuals to look at, but do not know who in that element of society did this, or they have a strong suspicion but can't prove it, yet. I believe someone is VERY scared to to say anything, for if uncovered, they know THEIR possible fate. If they have, it's been through anonymous tips that were investigated and then dismissed due to alibis and such.

We remain confused because we're STUCK in the false narrative LE was for two plus years, that Abby and Libby were in the wrong place at the wrong time and that this heinous crime was "random" and opportunistic murder, with no prior connection. I'm not implying Abby and Libby knew their attacker, on the contrary, they were just innocent victims of a dark and slimy world. There is a web of lies here that is keeping us from the truth. I'm also not implying LE are to blame, they were fed lies and diversions and they "bought" them, but not anymore. I believe there's a number of individuals that could "do the right thing". It's even possible the monster that did this is already behind bars for something else, but there's no DNA to link him directly to the girls. LE has never said one way or the other that they have strong DNA evidence.

Well, that's where I'm at today :) All MOO, naturally. I do hope someone who knows or suspects who did this has the courage to "do the right thing."

ed:sp

Last edited:
I am not sure how this case can be solved, short of DNA and/or a confession. I know crimes were solved in the old days...though of course we don’t know how many wrongful convictions many have occurred...but for this sort of crime, when we are looking at the amount of time gone by, and the vagueness of any description, I am having trouble seeing it solved another way. Jmo

I am not sure how this case can be solved, short of DNA and/or a confession. I know crimes were solved in the old days...though of course we don’t know how many wrongful convictions many have occurred...but for this sort of crime, when we are looking at the amount of time gone by, and the vagueness of any description, I am having trouble seeing it solved another way. Jmo
I'm beginning to suspect there is NO DNA :( And, some perps will NEVER confess. What LE need is someone, anyone who knows something to get a conscience and "do the right thing," despite their fear. I'm guessing someone has in the past supplied an anonymous tip that was either ignored or could not be corroborated for one reason or other. They need that person or persons to come in and actually show their face. I suspect that individual/s is/are scared $hitless to do so. All MOO.

I've had the same thought about the car being seen all over town. And that would be ideal. I guess I feel like if that was the case, though, they maybe could have tracked him down by now? Again, MistyWaters made some good arguments against the car being BG's. Plus if they had a vehicle seen in other locations, might they not ask people to report seeing it in town, or wherever, too? IDK. But I still wonder.

The line about "...many tips, investigators determined he was able to get around quickly on the day the girls were killed..." really sounds like they are talking about a larger area than the trail system, but I could just be reading what I want out of it.

Im reading it the same way as you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member