GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly, I didnt save any messages nor other info related to this. IIRC, at that time I decided to dismiss the info because the member (sending it to me) didn't specify exactly why he was of interest to her. Nothing was provided to me to indicate he had a reason to be involved, nor do I remember any info about him being of questionable character. Kwim?

I may be completely wrong but I thought the person in the video had spoken to a reporter or two soon after the murders. IF (on the outside chance) I am correct then his name and any comment he made would be in old MSM reports.
I KNWYM...……..I am just interested in the video...……..not whether he's guilty or anyone thinks he is...…...

Having followed true crime stories for a very long time, to me, it seems money is a major motivator, when people are murdered. So, I look at those who would have profited from the elder Dermond’s demise. A couple in their late 80s, statistically, are not candidates for a gruesome murder. Someone wanted them out of the way. Why?

IMHO
exactly

Here's my take on the 2 neighbors not being asked in. I think Shirley was arguing with someone(relatives) about money and she was in no mood to be friendly with the neighbors. Otherwise she was friendly I believe right?

Well Why else would she have scurried the neighbors away while they heard people talking in her home, something important was going on.
I just don’t think we can leap to that conclusion. When I have houseguests I don’t want to deal with random people at the door either. Maybe they were eating lunch. Maybe she was teaching them bridge. Maybe they were potty training a toddler. I think this is a total red herring.

I just don’t think we can leap to that conclusion. When I have houseguests I don’t want to deal with random people at the door either. Maybe they were eating lunch. Maybe she was teaching them bridge. Maybe they were potty training a toddler. I think this is a total red herring.
It made me think this way seeing the horrible situation now.

I’ve never asked for the women’s name. I’ve also been told if I do ask they can’t tell me. 82 degrees is pretty warm for people in their 70s. They consider that hot.

This is information that I thought I would share because I don’t post much anymore.

The neighbors that found the D’sthat walked through the house don’t have to be familiar with a house to walk through it. You just have to be not blind to walk through a unfamiliar house.

Why is it so hard to believe that neighbors stopped by a house? Anyways my point was that BD or KE were 100% correct in that their parents were extremely private people.

They didn’t allow people in their house. RD met people away from the house. SD played bridge away from the house. They went to parties but never hosted anything.

In 5 years not a single person has popped up on this thread and said they had ever been to the Dermond’s house.

Also people don’t act like you interrupted them when watching Dr Phil.

I seriously doubt the story about the 2 women stopping by is true . Name the women if it's true otherwise i'm calling bs on that post

[TP.....do you have a source for this information like you tend to want from others posting as well??

We don't need to destroy the thread and all of us should go by the same standards, this thread is 5 years old so alot of the FACTS are no longer sourced as they were already sourced years ago....so those who just came in should do their homework first, things being discussed time and again have already been sourced so do your homework if you just joined this thread... say...in late 2018[/QUOTE]

I’ve been reading this thread every day until recently since I found it on July 3rd 2017. When I decided to create an account and start posting and when I started following are two separate thing. I understand you don’t like my posts but that doesn’t make them false.

Also I considered not posting that nugget because I knew I would get immediately disagreed with. This case isn’t about me though, nor you. I figured I would relay the info and y’all could do with it what you please.

As for the podcast I’ve reached out to @Levi but haven’t heard back. Probably shelved since I think it will now be solved by end of August. 3 peeps still involved. 1 woman, 2 men.

MOO

I don't have a problem with your posts but I just don't like rumors, there are too many holes in that story for a some of us

SS said he has no suspects as well

Where does the prediction come from?

[TP.....do you have a source for this information like you tend to want from others posting as well??

We don't need to destroy the thread and all of us should go by the same standards, this thread is 5 years old so alot of the FACTS are no longer sourced as they were already sourced years ago....so those who just came in should do their homework first, things being discussed time and again have already been sourced so do your homework if you just joined this thread... say...in late 2018

I’ve been reading this thread every day until recently since I found it on July 3rd 2017. When I decided to create an account and start posting and when I started following are two separate thing. I understand you don’t like my posts but that doesn’t make them false.

Also I considered not posting that nugget because I knew I would get immediately disagreed with. This case isn’t about me though, nor you. I figured I would relay the info and y’all could do with it what you please.

As for the podcast I’ve reached out to @Levi but haven’t heard back. Probably shelved since I think it will now be solved by end of August. 3 peeps still involved. 1 woman, 2 men.

MOO[/QUOTE]

We all agree something happened to the Dermonds by some sinister individual. Strangers could have come by but i don't believe if held captive she would have answered the door and to say 2 women stopped for water very thirsty who live in the neighborhood in 70 deg weather could have just gone home and it wasn't hot according to weather reports and shirkey being mad and a they heard people inside is rumor if not sourced, we have no idea her feelings

However there was in the early stages of this crime an article that no longer exists that lawn men next door heard loud voices on that Saturday coming frim inside the house, if you haven't read it go back thri the threads to find it....the article is long gone however

It appears the derminds knew their killers and that according to the FBI profile, the time spent at a location committing a crime indicates how familiar they are to the location.....so someone knew them or the area well i think

I don't think they were hermits and im sure all 88 yr olds dont entertain that much probably zero except for family...

..the friends who stopped by to check were close enough to the dermonda to do so, otherwise they wouldn't have..

...right about going thru the house tho it doesn't take a genious....

I agree there was probably 2 or 3 individuals that did this, 2 to hold RD and SD captive, HENCE THE HAIR in RD hands

And one to drive the boat

I’ve never asked for the women’s name. I’ve also been told if I do ask they can’t tell me. 82 degrees is pretty warm for people in their 70s. They consider that hot.

This is information that I thought I would share because I don’t post much anymore.

The neighbors that found the D’sthat walked through the house don’t have to be familiar with a house to walk through it. You just have to be not blind to walk through a unfamiliar house.

Why is it so hard to believe that neighbors stopped by a house? Anyways my point was that BD or KE were 100% correct in that their parents were extremely private people.

They didn’t allow people in their house. RD met people away from the house. SD played bridge away from the house. They went to parties but never hosted anything.

In 5 years not a single person has popped up on this thread and said they had ever been to the Dermond’s house.

Last edited:
Sure would be nice if the AJC could’ve marked the body of SD. I’m not trying to rehash that conversation but all my information comes from the same sources on the lake.

I’ll be on the lake soon and will make that video.

Attachments

• 7DCA9363-CE4B-4749-8F5D-75C83059655C.png
    7DCA9363-CE4B-4749-8F5D-75C83059655C.png
    365.5 KB · Views: 6
RSBM

Out of curiosity, in how many threads here on WS, have you heard of a couple killed in a double homicide, that you know of people joining the thread and saying they had ever been to the victims' house? I would guess that it is actually pretty rare for that to happen, as opposed to expected.

It is definitely not difficult to believe that someone stopped by their home unexpectedly, I think the main point was that not being invited in, was not a surprising reaction, and especially if company was present.

No offence to you, I also have no problem with you or your posts, however if WS posters are going to state things as fact, it is customary for them to back their statements up with links, or state that it is opinion, rather than fact, or become an 'verified insider' on the case if it is inside knowledge. If links once existed, but are now gone after 5 years, I think most would understand that issue.

Info such as knowing that SD never hosted the twice-weekly bridge games at her house, or that RD always met up with people away from the house, or that they *never* hosted anything, or that they didn't allow people in their home. It is impossible to tell where that info is coming from - is it based on those 2 visitors who were not invited in and assumptions were made from that visit? Inside knowledge that you know someone with intimate knowledge of how the Ds lived? Inside knowledge that you know someone in the area who has heard these things about them? Etc. Once known from where info originates, other members can then each evaluate for themselves how much consideration the info should be given, and discussion may often take place with members giving their 'opinions' on it.

Sure would be nice if the AJC could’ve marked the body of SD. I’m not trying to rehash that conversation but all my information comes from the same sources on the lake.

I’ll be on the lake soon and will make that video.
Agreed. I'm not sure who AJC is, however it would have been nice of someone to erect a cross or something to denote the spot where SD was found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member