Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m pretty sure MT is Venezuelan

Her father has a substantial practice in Venezuela and spent time in Miami, but did return to Venezuela, at some point. The fellow who entered the car in the driver’s seat when she departed the courtroom with her sweater on her head looks a great deal like her father’s photo.

I think she is at risk of being deported if found guilty. That means she would be deported after finishing her prison sentence. It could be that her parents pass away while she is in prison (if convicted) and they never seen her free again. I can’t imagine how her family feels.

Last edited:
You know, it wouldn’t surprise me ONE BIT if MT decides to leave the country, and without having cooperated with the authorities re: her lover’s part in this. I’ll bet there’s enough money to get her away so she doesn’t go to prison. I think he is going down, though, even if they don’t find Jennifer’s body. I mean, there are videos of him dumping 30 bags of ‘trash’ in Hartford, as well as cell records.
MT is on video with him

I personally think the nanny came to do her thing, at home, noticed something not right, was possibly notified by the school and enacted a previously determined procedure... and drove the kids to NY. she certainly didn’t randomly get to NY and then determine there was an issue. MOO. Nanny’s know what’s up. She had the family car and the smarts, and she dealt with it. Good for her. MOO
I believe the nanny to be the hero in this instance for getting the children to the safety of their grandma. I am curious, though, after reading the documents released today, if it was a pre-arranged plan. According to the documents, JD's missed appointments were in NYC. Since one of the appointments was in the afternoon, maybe the plan was for the nanny to drive the children to grandma's after school to meet up with mom and grandma for an evening together.

Whatever the case, I am so thankful that the nanny was able to get them to the safety of their grandmother's apartment.

Scan Jun 3, 2019 (367 views)

I’m pretty sure MT is Venezuelan

Her father has a substantial practice in Venezuela and spent time in Miami, but did return to Venezuela, at some point. The fellow who entered the car in the driver’s seat when she departed the courtroom with her sweater on her head looks a great deal like her father’s photo.

I think she is at risk of being deported if found guilty. I can’t imagine how her family feels.

Hopefully, any deportation proceedings pale in comparison to the prison time she serves.

Do you have a cite for this? I see one judge, judge Donna Heller and no change to the unsupervised contact, although he received much more time. But none of his contact was overnight, unless I have missed something:

"Judge Donna Heller changed what had been extremely limited access to the children for Fotis Dulos, allowing him every-other-weekend visits to the home in Farmington where they grew up. The judge changed the schedule even though she previously had called Fotis Dulos “a liar who willingly ignored court orders” by allowing his girlfriend access to his five children, despite a court order explicitly ordering him not to do that.

After several contentious months of hearings, and with reports from therapists and a guardian ad litem, Heller ruled Fotis Dulos could have supervised visitation rights with his children that included having the kids every other weekend, starting at the end of March. He was allowed to spend seven hours with the children in Fairfield County on Saturdays and six hours with them in Hartford County on Sundays, including at his Farmington home.

“The court finds it is in the children’s best interests that they have regular supervised parenting time with the defendant every other weekend,” Heller said.

The judge even accommodated the Easter holiday weekend switching weekends so that the children would spend it with their father and his family. Dulos is a Greek citizen. The judge did place numerous restrictions on the visits from no discussion of the pending court case to no one-on-one conversations with any of the children unless a court-authorized supervisor was present. He also was barred from talking to his children in Greek to try and circumvent the supervisor’s presence."
Police: Blood-stained clothing of missing New Canaan mother Jennifer Dulos found in Hartford trash cans, records show husband’s phone was in the area night she disappeared

Emphasis by me.

"The five Dulos children were set to have supervised visits with their dad over Memorial Day Weekend, according to a relaxed visitation schedule obtained by The Courant."
Sponges and clothing stained with blood of missing Connecticut mom revealed as estranged hubby and his girlfriend appear in court

Emphasis by me.

Supervised visitation is highly restrictive so if that's "relaxed" from what it was, it is still super restrictive in the world of family law, which is what I practice. And the judge seems to have relied on recommendations form therapists and the childrens' GAL, which is appropriate.

If there's other info, let me know.

I explained the issue judges have in cases like this in more detail on the previous thread:

My clients feel the same way at times. But from the judge's perspective they have endless, non-stop cases where people make up the most outlandish things about one another and/or are caught lying or violating orders.

But they don't end in murder.

In pretty much every state the standard is the best interests of the children and most states believe that frequent and continuous access to both parents is best.

So the end goal is always time with a parent even if that parent is troubled.

Here, this guy was granted supervised visitation. That's highly restrictive in the world of family law. Someone has to essentially babysit him and follow him during all his time with the kids.

And he was not granted overnights.

Eventually those restrictions would probably be lifted though if he demonstrated that he was calming down or had taken an anger management course or something.

It's frustrating because sometimes these parents really damage the kids. But the parental relationship and parental rights are sacrosanct.

That's why in the dependency court system reunification is the end goal even in cases like little Maleah Davis, who kept showing up at the hospital with suspicious "injuries" and we all know how that turned out.

But the fact is that in 99.9999% of family law cases, no one ends up dead.

Of course that doesn't factor in the emotional damage to kids from an angry, crazy parent but I guess they figure the emotional damage from not seeing a parent would be worse.

I will say that in the majority of cases parents acting out after separation and during the pendency of the case seem to calm down once the divorce action has concluded. And judges know that.

It's a hard thing to deal with for these judges who have nothing but crazy cases - one after another - and no real way to fix the parents. And no real way to tell which one will actually become that nightmare realized with a dead spouse or dead or physically damaged or kidnapped kids.

Silver Alert - CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019

Also, again, no family law court orders would have prevented her murder.
Thank you for your view on these matters. I believe the information regarding the fact that the Memorial Day weekend was to be 'supervised' was incorrect. FD had a documented history of non compliance with the courts instructions and has at least 2 citations for contempt. Further the mistress was to have no contact with JD children and this requirement of the court was ignored both by FD and his mistress. I have a copy of the Judge Heller ruling in the office and so will go back again and read the section and post the involved sections tomorrow.

I am not sure the courtroom environment and culture that you describe no matter how awful should excuse judges from recognizing and dealing appropriately with domestic violence toward partners. JMO.

I just wanted to repost on this thread a press release that was previously posted by @peace9274 regarding domestic violence (BBM):

The (Connecticut) CT Coalition Against Domestic Violence (CCADV) is deeply saddened and concerned to learn of the disappearance of Jennifer Dulos in New Canaan last week and we remain hopeful that she will be found safe.

While news reports have offered the idea that this circumstance is a result of a custody dispute, there is more than sufficient detail in court documents to authentically describe this situation for what it is; domestic violence, the coalition said in their statement, in a press release.

Ms. Dulos offered to the court on more than one occasion that she was fearful of her husband who could be vengeful and dangerous. We know that domestic violence is a pattern of behavior that is centered on power and control.

Abusers use various strategies to threaten, harass, control and intimidate their partner, including the practice of continuing this conduct through the family court process. When a victim is leaving a relationship and taking steps to move away from the abuse and coercion, this can be the most dangerous time.

Anyone who is experiencing or knows someone who is experiencing domestic violence is encouraged to call the statewide domestic violence hotline. Safe, confidential and free domestic violence services available across the state include counseling, court-based advocacy, emergency shelter, group support and services for children.

Certified domestic violence counselors can be reached 24 hours per day, 7 days per week via the statewide domestic violence hotlines – 888.774.2900 (English) and 844.831.9200 (Español).

After seeing the photo of LE checking the septic tank on the Mountain Spring Rd property, I looked for homes under construction or for sale / for rent between JD’s Welles Lane home and Waveny Park.

One recently listed on Zillow stood out to me. Fixer-upper with the Noroton River and Jelliff Mill Pond in the back yard. Also has a septic tank. However, there are also occupied homes around this home so I doubt he would risk being seen.

While looking at the map, I noticed a train station near Waverny Park. So I went down that rabbit hole and figured out you can go from New Canaan to Farmington and vice versa.

Is it possible JD rode the train to and from New Canaan?

Attachments

• CB0D09FB-D1A2-4725-A50D-D022A81AFD14.png
    CB0D09FB-D1A2-4725-A50D-D022A81AFD14.png
    386.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 324F58F9-4045-424A-B740-D7382B933D23.png
    324F58F9-4045-424A-B740-D7382B933D23.png
    473.6 KB · Views: 6
You know, it wouldn’t surprise me ONE BIT if MT decides to leave the country, and without having cooperated with the authorities re: her lover’s part in this. I’ll bet there’s enough money to get her away so she doesn’t go to prison. I think he is going down, though, even if they don’t find Jennifer’s body. I mean, there are videos of him dumping 30 bags of ‘trash’ in Hartford, as well as cell records.

Are the videos of just him or MT also? I also don't want to call it "trash" that was dumped. It could have been the mother of his children. Unbelievable.

Okay, I'm behind now, but Albany Ave in Hartford isn't even four miles long. Maybe it's a typo? Radius?
The information is on page 4 of 18 of the arrest warrant. The section is describing where the 30 bags were dropped. Description: "4 mile stretch of Albany Avenue between Biltmore and Edward Streets". Wonder if its just a typo. According to the document it appears the truck they were driving was headed back to Farmington. Maybe this is just a typo? IDK.

I believe the nanny to be the hero in this instance for getting the children to the safety of their grandma. I am curious, though, after reading the documents released today, if it was a pre-arranged plan. According to the documents, JD's missed appointments were in NYC. Since one of the appointments was in the afternoon, maybe the plan was for the nanny to drive the children to grandma's after school to meet up with mom and grandma for an evening together.

Whatever the case, I am so thankful that the nanny was able to get them to the safety of their grandmother's apartment.

I also pray that the nanny didn’t take the children actually to the home at all or let them see anything of the garage.

Last edited:
Gosh I hope so!

But I'm worried about that apparent four hour window within which he may have had to dispose of Jennifer.

It seems they had their phones off.
Hmm I don’t know I think the confrontation was at 9:30am in her home new Canaan and they only released his cell phone data starting at 13:37 - I think disposal was after 13:37 at his property where the cell registered according to the warrant

Are the videos of just him or MT also? I also don't want to call it "trash" that was dumped. It could have been the mother of his children. Unbelievable.
The arrest warrant describes MT as being seen leaning out of a black Ford Pickup truck and either placing something on the ground or picking up an item. See page 4 of 18 of the arrest warrant for this passage.

Both them. She was driving at one point, I belive and she was seen on a camera dumping something from the side of the vehicle
Correct. This is the portion of the affidavit that mentions a woman who matches the description of MT.

Attachments

• DB03933D-9F3F-4BED-B9BF-AF74582431A9.jpeg
    DB03933D-9F3F-4BED-B9BF-AF74582431A9.jpeg
    24 KB · Views: 15

Understood. But supposedly he was to have the kids for visitation on Saturday. So why take them all the way to NYC when they should be in CT for a hand off in the morning? Not arguing, but asking.

And thanks to Jennifer and her family’s plans to safeguard the children should anything untoward occur where she can’t assure their safety and security.

I’m convinced the children are only currently in the US because of this.

Otherwise, he would have had them for visitations over the weekend and they would become essentially hostages for the money he felt the family owed him. It would have been a dreadful situation full of peril for the lives of these children, I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname