Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
License plate information is in the arrest warrant (link to it is in post 691). It is clear that he/she had tried to doctor the number to make it hard to trace the vehicle on cameras or any means that they could be traced. Not so smart.....in fact, quite foolish because the LEO also noted the dents and identifying marks on the car.
According to the warrant, the plates were found in the FedEx box that was recovered from the drain.

From page 5 of the warrant:

“Inside the Fed Ex box, investigators located 2 Connecticut license plates whose appearance had been altered through the use of tape and adhesive.”

“The actual license plate (Connecticut passenger plate 516WDJ) had been modified to read 5T6WBU.

“When actual plates (516WDJ) were queried, Department of Motor Vehicles records indicated the plates came back status: Cancelled on a 2007 Chevrolet Suburban registered to (Fotis) Dulos.”

Last edited:
Same - My ex comes over for Christmas and Easter dinner. We've been divorced for 20 years. I too wish Jennifer had such stories.
My mom and stepfather got divorced after 5 years (mostly money issues) and dated for 17 years, until he died. They spent all day together, had dinner together, she even helped him with his work (both jewelers), spent holidays together. they just couldn't live together or have joint accounts.

In addition:

There was a legal filing last week in the continuing legal suit by the grandmother to recover the monies he owed in "borrowing" from JD's father.

The filing, I believe dated May 29, specified that FD had only provided copies of payment checks, and the suit demanded legal document of his ledgers and banking records.

This would expose the pyramid scheme and the felony fraud he had committed and likely send him to prison on it's own. The filing was in the prior thread, probably near the last half. I can't get to it tonight, but someone might be able to find it. I would assume his civil legal representation would have received some advance notice of this.

Perhaps this was the trigger that set him off. (NO EXCUSES MADE FOR HIM).

Apparently he’s not cooperating with the police from what I hear he needs to just give it up it’s all over for him just lead them to her body
The genius probably assumes, "No body -- no murder trial," so why should he say anything? I do wonder what he'll tell his attorney about all this.
If (hmmm, "if" ??) his DNA or prints are mixed-in with all that , he'll probably just say he made 30 different trips to dump all that trash that he found up and down the street in front of his house or wherever he said he found it-- that'll be the hard one -- to sell anybody on why so many stops.
He's smarter than LE and the prosecutors, ya know!
Where have we seen that before???

According to the warrant, the plates were found in the FedEx box that was recovered from the drain.

“Inside the Fed Ex box, investigators located 2 Connecticut license plates whose appearance had been altered through the use of tape and adhesive.”

“The actual license plate (Connecticut passenger plate 516WDJ) had been modified to read 5T6WBU.

“When actual plates (516WDJ) were queried, Department of Motor Vehicles records indicated the plates came back status: Cancelled on a 2007 Chevrolet Suburban registered to (Fotis) Dulos.”

Sounds like PRE-MEDITATED MURDER to me

The only way they would have lots of money is if he had the kids and any trust fund money they got from their mother's estate.

His properties are not selling. He owes money. He would have needed the trust fund money to buy groceries, especially since he has been claiming poverty and sold no properties in 2019 (according to his answers about assets).
Do you think he lied in reporting his assets? Do you think he hid money to claim broke?

I think FD planned to live a new life with his mistress and wanted to kill JD in order to be in control of Hilliard Farber’s Estate & trust funds set up for JD and her kids. He wanted JD and the kids’ money.

Sounds like PRE-MEDITATED MURDER to me
Agreed. If he altered the plates, he had to have been planning this.

Sure, it could have been a “rage killing”. He has the anger problems capable of committing one.

However, I think he is evil and deviant enough to have strategically planned JD’s murder. I believe it was all about stealing JD and the kids’ money from their trust funds.

Do you think he lied in reporting his assets? Do you think he hid money to claim broke?

I think FD planned to live a new life with his mistress and wanted to kill JD in order to be in control of Hilliard Farber’s Estate & trust funds set up for JD and her kids. He wanted JD and the kids’ money.

Answers to your questions:
Yes! and Yes!

It is sad that Jennifer tried everything legally possible to protect herself and still, he killed her.

Perhaps other than living with armed guards all over her home and property, and worrying if she could trust any of them..

This is a huge parable for a million + women in the US that live in desperate fear and oppression.

Those who can't leave the house. Those who have to beg or submit to degrading or unethical behavior to get fed or feed their children. Those who have no access to their friends or to unsupervised visits.

Look at these boards - what are they full of? Murdered women, murdered children, families torn by deceit and violence.

Why can we not get ahold of this?

No those are not the Seal Shoes that MT and sister were promoting.

This is the product: Seal Shoe Covers

They are not associated with the Japanese company you link to
Ahhhh -- thanks!
Wow, talk about intent and the need to cover your tracks. Very incriminating, IMO. Just the thing. How smart to have something like that -- just regular cover-up-the blood-and-bodily-fluids footwear. I've never seen those before. Certainly nothing to make LE think they were up to no good, huh?! How smart. He is indeed a genius. SMH.

The nanny doesn't appear to live in so just assume she had set scheduled hours during the day and went home at night.

So, imagine the scenario where mom was supposed to be in the city for doctors appts during the day (11am and 1 pm if I recall correctly) and Mom doesn't show up at the end of the day?

Further my bet is that mom and nanny are typically texting on an ongoing basis during the day and that day for whatever reason the nanny didn't get any check in texts from mom--this brings up her awareness as this might be unusual for JD.

So, nanny probably hadn't had contact with Mom for most of the day, might have gotten calls from the doctors offices looking for JD as she hadn't shown up for appts and so what does Nanny most likely do?

Its the end of the school day and the kids need to be picked up so she picks them up (she could have been tasked with picking them up anyway that day as JD had a 1pm dr appt in the city which might have meant she might not have been back until after children needed to be picked up. This is an assumption on my part based on travel time).

So, now nanny has the children but its time to go home from work in a little while and yet there is still no mom and mom can't be reached by phone.
I’m puzzled why she was going to dr appointments 3+ hours away. There have to be closer doctors. I lived in rural America and had my daughter at a hospital 3 hours away but that was the closest one that handled high risk. Also, If her appointment wasn’t until 1 then the soonest she would expect to be home would be 5 (not figuring traffic) but the nanny got to NYC by 7 meaning she would have had to leave by st least 4. Something had to have clued the nanny in that there was a problem early on. JMO

Perhaps other than living with armed guards all over her home and property, and worrying if she could trust any of them..

This is a huge parable for a million + women in the US that live in desperate fear and oppression.

Those who can't leave the house. Those who have to beg or submit to degrading or unethical behavior to get fed or feed their children. Those who have no access to their friends or to unsupervised visits.

Look at these boards - what are they full of? Murdered women, murdered children, families torn by deceit and violence.

Why can we not get ahold of this?

There’s just not an easy solution.

You can’t throw someone in jail for making threats that can’t be proven.

Even if you can prove them, you can’t keep them locked up forever.

It’s not like you can put police officers outside the home of every woman who is in fear.

If someone wants to kill you, they will.

Jennifer did everything right, and it didn’t make a difference.

It’s a sad reality, and there’s no magic bullet to fix it.

I’m puzzled why she was going to dr appointments 3+ hours away. There have to be closer doctors. I lived in rural America and had my daughter at a hospital 3 hours away but that was the closest one that handled high risk. Also, If her appointment wasn’t until 1 then the soonest she would expect to be home would be 5 (not figuring traffic) but the nanny got to NYC by 7 meaning she would have had to leave by st least 4. Something had to have clued the nanny in that there was a problem early on. JMO
NC is about 45 miles from Manhattan. A 1.5 hour drive. Not to sound snobby, but a lot of the good doctors in the tri-state area are in the City, not the suburbs. She missed her 11 am appointment. Perhaps the nanny, her doctors (perhaps mental health professionals?) and family were on high alert about her whereabouts considering the volatility in the divorce proceedings and JD's mother's lawsuit. There may have been a plan in place if anything went askew. JMO.

Since both plates were modified it leads me to think that the vehicle had traveled where there are known license plate readers. Any of the routes from New Caanan to Farmington do not involve toll roads. I wonder if the vehicle the plates were on traveled into New York, perhaps across the Tappan Zee bridge. But I suppose law enforcement has checked into that.

There’s just not an easy solution.

You can’t throw someone in jail for making threats that can’t be proven.

Even if you can prove them, you can’t keep them locked up forever.

It’s not like you can put police officers outside the home of every woman who is in fear.

If someone wants to kill you, they will.

Jennifer did everything right, and it didn’t make a difference.

It’s a sad reality, and there’s no magic bullet to fix it.
Agree. Also, a person is a much easier target in an isolated suburb. It's why I feel more secure living in the City. My apartment neighbors can hear a disturbance, and there is only one way into my home -- the apartment door. I'm not concerned about garages, back doors or even windows.

NC is about 45 miles from Manhattan. A 1.5 hour drive. Not to sound snobby, but a lot of the good doctors in the tri-state area are in the City, not the suburbs. She missed her 11 am appointment. Perhaps the nanny, her doctors (perhaps mental health professionals?) and family were on high alert about her whereabouts considering the volatility in the divorce proceedings and JD's mother's lawsuit. There may have been a plan in place if anything went askew. JMO.
Thanks. I was thinking it was further based on some comments in the other thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa