Closing Arguments- Chase Merritt Charged W/Murder of Joseph, Summer, Gianni and Joe Jr McStay #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait until the 'documentary' comes out. It will be a long commercial for their defendant's innocence, imo. That is the purpose of the project.

These things are always murder curious.

In order to get access to the defendant, you need to sell out to the defence team and be part of their messaging.

But the titillation of the content is all about the possibility he is really guilty. That the man you see on your screen bashed in heads with a hammer.

Knox and Pistorius are two murder accused who really milked that angle. Knox even comes across as a psycho killer (she does it intentionally IMO)

We just had the laughable McCann netflix one as well.

As we all know, these docos will include basic errors.

Well normally in most trials I've followed that's the case...lunch is brought in for the jurors so they can keep deliberating. As we know in this trial though, almost everything's done differently. :mad:

It's going to be a mission trying to figure out exactly how long the jurors deliberated for ...I mean, exactly how long did they have for lunch? 1hr, 90 mins, 2hrs ?? I feel a migraine coming on already!! :eek:

Perhaps because of all the delays in this trial, the Jurors have decided to ALSO delay their verdict, to take their time: to have CM sweat some more.
MOO.

Perhaps because of all the delays in this trial, the Jurors have decided to ALSO delay their verdict, to take their time: to have CM sweat some more.
MOO.
Oh I hope that's not the case, tmar. If you're right, they'd be punishing Joey and Summers families and friends too and I don't like the sound of that at all. Two wrongs do not make a right! MOO

Well... I still see "VERDICT WATCH" and not "GUILTY" on the title....

So - about 5 1/2 hours of deliberations for the jurors today per Russon's tweet. IF they deliberated about 4 1/2 hours on Thursday (5/30) as was stated somewhere above. If someone finds out anything different - please post! TIA! :)

Re checks - I still write checks.... yes, I'm THAT old! LOL!

If I want to "see" my original check I can go online into my bank account, which is in California. They don't "do" checks here!
I can click on the check # and see the front & back.

And I too thank everyone for posting info on what is going on with this trial!
There was a tweet saying the jurors were seen returning from lunch. No indication how long lunch was.

So it seems they were deliberating around 4.5 hours yesterday, or slightly less if they took the usual 1.5 hrs lunch.

Can anybody who is American explain to me why the Jurors are not made to do set hours?

I don’t understand why they are allowed to keep their own hours when everybody is waiting on them and it must be also be a complete waste of tax payers money as everybody is on hold waiting for their verdict.

Again our system works better that you are told to bring in your own lunch and you do full days until a verdict is reached as everybody is waiting on your answer so they don’t want time wasting. IMO

Can anybody who is American explain to me why the Jurors are not made to do set hours?

I don’t understand why they are allowed to keep their own hours when everybody is waiting on them and it must be also be a complete waste of tax payers money as everybody is on hold waiting for their verdict.

Again our system works better that you are told to bring in your own lunch and you do full days until a verdict is reached as everybody is waiting on your answer so they don’t want time wasting. IMO
I’ve heard of jurors requesting to deliberate past typical business hours & on weekends , but I’ve never heard of a jury being told they can set their own schedule.
As I said before, this trial is like no other I’ve ever followed .
As an American , I’m just as baffled as you are.

I think the appropriate way to handle it would be to include it in the instructions at the end of each day. If it isn't already included in there. I know don't discuss the case with others is in there.

Not sure about if anyone approaches you to discuss the case please inform the court. Or something similar. Not naming sides or a group of people specifically.

What has me a little concerned is that I kind of thought the jury might be anxious to deliberate. After so long being in trial hearing testimony, I thought they might be anxious to discuss it and not break for lunch. Probably best to still take a lunch for their own mental health though.

This is very true.

We had a girl who isn't even a paralegal but is considering becoming a lawyer shadow and assist us on a recent case. She was a valuable asset because she had experience with the case's subject matter. She also had technical skills we needed.

She was allowed to visit the incarcerated client, she went into court every day all day, I think the only thing she didn't do was go back to the holding cell at the courthouse. She was basically treated as a lawyer.

I'm inclined to agree. I don't think this guy is doing anything except producing the documentary. I don't think he has legal knowledge. I think just like we did with our assistant, if you slap a label on a person they suddenly become part of your team.

I dont see how pleading total ignorance will work for Wallace.

Even the average citizens knows no one is to ever approach any of the jurors during any trial for any reason.

Heck if they even watch fictional crime shows they already know trying to tamper with jurors is a big no no, and a very big deal.

That's been brought out many times, over, and over again, whether on TV shows or even movies have been made about it.

Another thing that doesn't make any logical sense to me is the DT asked for two long days to even turnover the affidavit.

It gives the impression they need that long to get their 'story' together in order to hide or CYAs.

I do very much agree with Imes on this matter.

It now calls into question if the DT, and those connected to the defense side has tried to made contact with any of the sitting jurors who are deliberating now.

It makes me worry if there is a possible stealth juror or two on this jury.

I certainly don't think Wallace did this bold move because of ignorance.

I want to know if the two lawyers told Wallace it's okay to approach the two alernates or other jurors. Imo, he did not do this on his own. Imo. I'm sure this isnt his first trial rodeo where judges made it very clear about not approaching jurors.

Imo, this pro defense one sided documentary has made it all about the DT, and those connected to them.

Imo, that's why their unethical bizarre dramatic behaviors throughout the trial has been so abhorrent.

Instead of calmly challenging the evidence its become all about how dramatic they will look when the documentary is finalized.

Instead of a serious trial for the DT it's become much more about their self centered notoriety.

Imo, they all have made a mockery out of this trial where four innocent people were murdered by their client.

And sadly not a damn one on the DT seems to care about ethical conduct either.

JMHOO

Last edited:

It's just awful. IMO it's the judge - he set the tone from the beginning, allowing week after week of delays, Fridays off, dentist appointments not on Fridays, long lunches, late starts, early finishes, not enforcing rulings, etc etc.

It's crazy but I feel grateful for 4 hours and not the 2 or 3 they'd have done if the other juror had been allowed to stay!

I think it's evident the judge is in retirement mode already. I also think the delays meant momentum was lost which is not good for keeping the case coherent and jurors' attention.

I dont see how pleading total ignorance will work for Wallace.

Even the average citizens knows no one is to ever approach any of the jurors during any trial for any reason.

Heck if they even watch fictional crime shows they already know trying to tamper with jurors is a big no no, and a very big deal.

That's been brought out many times, over, and over again, whether on TV shows or even movies have been made about it.

Another thing that doesn't make any logical sense to me is the DT asked for two long days to even turnover the affidavit.

It gives the impression they need that long to get their 'story' together in order to hide or CYAs.

I do very much agree with Imes on this matter.

It now calls into question if the DT, and those connected to the defense side has tried to made contact with any of the sitting jurors who are deliberating now.

It makes me worry if there is a possible stealth juror or two on this jury.

I certainly don't think Wallace did this bold move because of ignorance.

I want to know if the two lawyers told Wallace it's okay to approach the two alernates or other jurors. Imo, he did not do this own his own. Imo. I'm sure this isnt his first trial rideo.

Imo, this defense documentary has made it all about the DT, and those connected to them.

Imo, that's why their unethical bizarre dramatic behaviors throughout the trial has been so abhorrent.

Instead of calmly challenging the evidence its become all about how dramatic they will look when the documentary is finalized.

Instead of a serious trial for the DT it's become much more about their self centered notoriety.

Imo, they all have made a mockery out of this trial where four innocent people were murdered by their client.

And sadly not a damn one on the DT seems to care about ethical conduct either.

JMHOO
I agree 100% ocean.

I wouldn't even refer to it as a documentary.

The DT is in it for fame and $, IMO. So much for their silence for the victims. They disgust me.

I’ve heard of jurors requesting to deliberate past typical business hours & on weekends , but I’ve never heard of a jury being told they can set their own schedule.
As I said before, this trial is like no other I’ve ever followed .
As an American , I’m just as baffled as you are.

Thank You for the explanation :)

Yes I would of thought they would also want to get back to the real world as quickly as possible.

Well, I was going to post that I am off to work this morning so maybe something would happen ... but then I just read this...

Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson
#McStay - Jurors resume deliberations at 1:30pm PDT today. We don't have an explanation of why it's not a full day of deliberations.

I will be home before they start deliberating today LOL I guess if they took their scheduling tips from the way the trial was run the last 5 months, this should not be a surprise. :rolleyes::D

I agree 100% ocean.

I wouldn't even refer to it as a documentary.

The DT is in it for fame and $, IMO. So much for their silence for the victims. They disgust me.

Thank you.

This is the very reason I don't waste my time watching any one sided biased documentary.
They are a farce imo. When all the truth is never presented the real truth will never be known.

I do enjoy watching any documentaries about D-Day or WW2, about our amazing fallen heroes who have fought, and died for our freedoms.

Imoo

Last edited:
Well, I was going to post that I am off to work this morning so maybe something would happen ... but then I just read this...

#McStay - Jurors resume deliberations at 1:30pm PDT today. We don't have an explanation of why it's not a full day of deliberations.

I will be home before they start deliberating today LOL I guess if they took their scheduling tips from the way the trial was run the last 5 months, this should not be a surprise. :rolleyes::D
When does a jury get to call the shots in a DP murder Trial? Ever heard of anything like this before?

Thank you.

This is the very reason I don't waste my time watching any one sided biased documentary.
They are a farce imo.

I do enjoy watching any documentaries about D-Day or WW2, about our amazing fallen heroes who have fought, and died for our freedoms.

Imoo
I wouldn't bother watching it either, this trial has been enough, IMO.

They might be going out of their way to accommodate a few jurors at this point. If they have to restart half of the jury might up and quit.

When does a jury get to call the shots in a DP murder Trial? Ever heard of anything like this before?

I'd like to think they're only doing a half day because they've made a decision but I know better than that, and judge apparently accepted whatever reason they gave for taking half a day off during deliberations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandraJean1130