Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #3 *ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
This garage has two windows. no door.

Oh mine has two windows as well.

I wonder if JD’s house has a security system. Mine does and the garage door and windows are included. I think if someone broke in to hide, JD would have been alerted. I really think @MassGuy has the right idea. FD snuck in as JD was walking towards the inside garage door.
I am sure FD knew the children had early release and he had a tight timeframe. He may not have known the nanny was going to take the children to NY. I think since JD had appointments in NY and the plan was for her and the children to visit her Mom that evening, the Nanny was supposed to pick them up after school and take them to NY. It was the cleaning lady that went in the house at 12, correct? I know some folks have said it was the Nanny but I recall it was the cleaning lady and she did not see anything unusual. I think once JD did not show up at her Mom’s after her appointments, her mother and friends got concerned and contacted police.

Edit to add MOO

Snipped
  • Authorities looked through a trash plant in Connecticut for bone fragments of Jennifer Farber Dulos Monday and Tuesday
  • Mother has been missing since May 24 and cops believe she has been harmed
  • Eight German Shepherd cadaver dogs were sifting through trash from Hartford
  • They used machinery to help go through enough to cover half a football field
MIRA President Thomas Kirk said authorities contacted them Friday and were told where the two trucks that may have picked up bins in that area were located on the grounds.

Police closed the incinerator overnight to look for bone fragments, Hartford Courant reported.

Much of the trash that came in from there was already emptied nine days after the mother was reported missing. However authorities were able to look through trash that had not yet been doused in chemicals to help it disintegrate and burn.
Cops search trash plant in search for missing mother as neighbors asked for surveillance footage | Daily Mail Online
Bbm and snipped
So do they know what they have left is from that collection day and those 2 trucks?? Or had it already been processed?

I wonder if JD’s house has a security system. Mine does and the garage door and windows are included. I think if someone broke in to hide, JD would have been alerted. I really think @MassGuy has the right idea. FD snuck in as JD was walking towards the inside garage door.
I am sure FD knew the children had early release and he had a tight timeframe. He may not have known the nanny was going to take the children to NY. I think since JD had appointments in NY and the plan was for her and the children to visit her Mom that evening, the Nanny was supposed to pick them up after school and take them to NY. It was the cleaning lady that went in the house at 12, correct? I know some folks have said it was the Nanny but I recall it was the cleaning lady and she did not see anything unusual. I think once JD did not show up at her Mom’s after her appointments, her mother and friends got concerned and contacted police.
Iirc she rented the house and it’s new construction. I don’t think the listing mentioned security but I find it hard to believe a house of that size wouldn’t have a pre-wired security system installed. I looked at the pictures and there looks like a possible keypad by the front door - the Zillow links have been posted on prior threads. Since there was blood spatter in the other vehicle I believe the second car was parked to the left of where she pulled in - I suspect she was blitz attacked from behind while between the cars and this makes me think her SUV was run through a car wash after the attack -all speculation by me of course but the warrant describes the blood spatter in the garage and on the vehicle

I’m not sure how this whole thing works when they lock you up after your spouse disappears...so FD has been locked up since Saturday night, and I am just wondering if LE has visited with him (and his lawyer) at the jail to let him know that they are pursuing cctv footage from neighbors of all of the properties, etc-hoping that he will tell them where JD is? Obviously, he isn’t cooperating, but I wonder if they are trying to rattle his cage by letting him know, or is it more likely that they are leaving him completely alone, and in the dark about what is going on, so he might be freaking out because he can’t control any of this? I suppose that his lawyer would have told him that MT has bonded out by now, and he cannot be happy about that (and this makes ME happy!)

BBM:

I think that's also likely.

Timing the drive, mapping out his route options, etc.

Also to nail down her departure times to drop the kids off at school as well as her arrival time back at the home.

As I'm talking about school, it occurs to me that one of the driving factors behind the timing of this murder may have been school calendar year. I'm not sure when the school year ends there, but I'm assuming it's not year-round.

With the kids getting out of school for summer vacation, the household schedule would have likely become much less predictable. The kids would have been home during the day, too.

His opportunities to catch JD alone and unawares would have become much more limited.

JMO.

Private schools in CT would most likely be done right around now.

I don't get why he wouldn't have gone to another town to dump evidence. Or just have a bonfire at one of his properties where no one lived.

Most places around here won’t let you burn stuff-it’ll get somebody’s attention pretty quickly. And a typical backyard bonfire won’t burn up a body fast enough. It would likely take days to completely burn up to the point that whoever came to investigate the fire couldn’t immediately determine that there was a human body there.

Edit to add MOO

I wonder if the cleaning lady went into the garage. Until I read the arrest affidavit I had assumed there was just tiny markings of blood on the ground and that it wasn’t obvious. However the arrest affidavit makes it sound like the police didn’t have to look hard at all to find evidence of a serious assault. I’m just curious if the cleaning person would have had a reason to go in there.

Edit to add MOO

I had wondered about this, too. Even though she was renting the house, couldn't she have put up an excellent alarm system with security cameras since she was afraid of JD. Did police find the home's security cameras were disconnected? I'm still waiting for my contact to get back with the security system questions I have. What I do know is police know a lot more than what is made public. And that is a very good thing. Poster who said there are a lot of ponds, lakes, rivers on the 90 minute drive to Hartford is so right. I don't understand posters here saying the girlfriend did not play much of a role. I think she played a HUGE role in this. I think anyone who assisted this murderer should get life. (no death penalty here in CT).

I keep thinking about what they are going to use as alibis.

I'm guessing they came up with their alibis ahead of time, but didn't anticipate LE would find out about the garbage-bag drops all the Albany Road neighborhood.

Now they are separated and can't coordinate their alibis to explain what they were doing at all those stops. Will be interesting to see what each of them says - and how different or similar their explanations will be.

(I'm behind on the thread, so apologies if this has already been discussed.)

jmo

Thinking about this is giving me goosebumps. It's just chilling...

Yes, and where did they park their truck? JD's street is a cul-de-sac. Wouldn't someone notice a strange car/truck parked on it by their own house? I always do. But perhaps nobody was around during those morning hours. Frogtown is the curviest road with lots of hills and cars going by.. This is the road that takes you to where her house was. They couldn't have really parked there. Hoping a neighbor's camera picked up their car on Welles or Frogtown. They had to have had a car there/nearby her house. Waveny is over 3 miles from her house. I know police have more info on their morning hours. Just thinking aloud here because it really is confusing for me how nobody saw their car by the home or Waveny.

I wonder if the cleaning lady went into the garage. Until I read the arrest affidavit I had assumed there was just tiny markings of blood on the ground and that it wasn’t obvious. However the arrest affidavit makes it sound like the police didn’t have to look hard at all to find evidence of a serious assault. I’m just curious if the cleaning person would have had a reason to go in there.

Cleaning lady/nanny probably went to the house around 12 noon to get the car for a 12:30 dismissal (see school calendar as they had a half day). She probably took the kids directly to NYC. I would assume she was not working or doing activities in the house if her arrival was at 12. The nanny most likely did not have an garage opener so came in through the house. Possibly she packed the kid's overnight bags or the kids had put the bags in before they left for school.

It would be good to know which car was parked where. The nanny may have never see the blood in the garage if the car she was driving was closest to the house entrance or if the car was parked outside for her to take to get the kids.

Just trying to piece this together. IMO.

Snipped & different part BBM

Honestly do not know. How reliable is the NY Post? I’m always skeptical when the word “cop” is used.

I also use a button on the wall to close my garage door 99% of the time.

I’ve agreed with pretty much all of your views on this case throughout the threads, which you might have noticed by the amount of likes. I haven’t felt the need to say anything b/c you’ve beat me to it!

Believe it or not, the Post is actually pretty reliable, if sensational. It’s just New Yorky the way it’s written-and their front page headlines can be hilarious.

Please let today be the day that they find her. For all of their bumbling moves, they still have been successful in one aspect--placing her body where no one can find it. :(

Also, question for the locals--are gated communities common in Connecticut? For all of the wealth, most maps seem to show houses are fairly accessible and private, which I would think would contribute to crime.

They aren’t uncommon; but most Connecticut residents don’t live in gated communities-not sure if that is helpful

Yes, and where did they park their truck? JD's street is a cul-de-sac. Wouldn't someone notice a strange car/truck parked on it by their own house? I always do. But perhaps nobody was around during those morning hours. Frogtown is the curviest road with lots of hills and cars going by.. This is the road that takes you to where her house was. They couldn't have really parked there. Hoping a neighbor's camera picked up their car on Welles or Frogtown. They had to have had a car there/nearby her house. Waveny is over 3 miles from her house. I know police have more info on their morning hours. Just thinking aloud here because it really is confusing for me how nobody saw their car by the home or Waveny.
The person may have been dropped off near JD's house, and JD's car may have initially been used to transport her body. So possible no long parking by another vehicle in the NC area.

RBBM, We don't know if he could have also had a key fob to her vehicle and unlocked it from the outside, several times even.

As far as the nanny and grandmother go, I am guessing that JD had mentioned to the nanny at least some of what she was going through as far as custody...I mean, the nanny would have needed to know that the kids were not to be with STBX without supervision. When neither she nor JD's mom could get in touch with JD (and she had missed appointments) they knew something foul had happened. It seems like simple common sense. Thank goodness they acted on their instinct to protect the children.

In my experience working for a wealthy family, it’s likely that the nanny knows a lot about the stuff that may have been going on; maybe not all of the really ugly details, but some of them, at least the ones which are relevant to the children. The nannies who work in the same household where I work, are pretty well acquainted with anything important.

I keep thinking about what they are going to use as alibis.

I'm guessing they came up with their alibis ahead of time, but didn't anticipate LE would find out about the garbage-bag drops all the Albany Road neighborhood.

Now they are separated and can't coordinate their alibis to explain what they were doing at all those stops. Will be interesting to see what each of them says - and how different or similar their explanations will be.

(I'm behind on the thread, so apologies if this has already been discussed.)

jmo

And I don’t think there is really any good reason for MT to see that her story really matches up well with his-she is better off protecting herself, whether or not it helps him. Because he is going down!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheMidge