GUILTY OH - Jonathan Minard, 14, found deceased, Carroll County, 13 April 2019

I keep checking in to see what's going on.

Maybe this isn't a slam dunk as we originally thought.

I'm perplexed by the silence.
Ita.

The silence makes me nervous.
As I'd posted previously, if this is a well-established farm family that goes back generations... LE may be pressured to cover over this and make it go away quietly.

As in--- how dare LE accuse hard working and possibly church-going folk of anything ?
The farm he was buried on and the older man he was with --- what if they're telling LE that a random stranger grabbed Jonathan and killed and buried him on that farm ?

If he was buried in a shallow grave in the ditch next to a road on the farm, then maybe a perp just happened to pick that particular spot ?
And maybe that's why there have been no arrests ?

LE do not want to anger a family that is well-known and liked by the town ?
Sheriff's are elected, and if there's an election coming up -- then there'd be even more pressure to not anger the people in this community.
There might be much more going on underneath the surface, and imo that's a valid reason for wanting this to 'go away'.

If this sounds like a rant, so be it.
There needs to be justice for a possibly murdered young teen whose life mattered.

I am right here with the rest of you wondering why we haven't seen any arrests at this point. I really hope that the issue is determining the charges (I know with caylee anthony, the prosecution failed because they chose to charge with murder even though they couldn't prove that it wasn't an accident/negligence).

Ita.

The silence makes me nervous.
As I'd posted previously, if this is a well-established farm family that goes back generations... LE may be pressured to cover over this and make it go away quietly.

As in--- how dare LE accuse hard working and possibly church-going folk of anything ?
The farm he was buried on and the older man he was with --- what if they're telling LE that a random stranger grabbed Jonathan and killed and buried him on that farm ?

If he was buried in a shallow grave in the ditch next to a road on the farm, then maybe a perp just happened to pick that particular spot ?
And maybe that's why there have been no arrests ?

LE do not want to anger a family that is well-known and liked by the town ?
Sheriff's are elected, and if there's an election coming up -- then there'd be even more pressure to not anger the people in this community.
There might be much more going on underneath the surface, and imo that's a valid reason for wanting this to 'go away'.

If this sounds like a rant, so be it.
There needs to be justice for a possibly murdered young teen whose life mattered.

This is not some large wealthy farm operation with huge local influence.

Quite the opposite actually

Additionally I don’t believe there is any unethical behavior going on by local Investigators.

I’m also frustrated by the lack of information, but I am confident that there still is a very active investigation ongoing

Jmo

Last edited:
Maybe the toxicology reports show drugs in his system and it can't be proven how they got there. Murder versus disposing of a body for an example. Or they can't prove who buried him.
Maybe no one is talking.
MOO MOO

As far as how Jonathan died -- I'm leaning more towards an accidental overdose that led to Jonathan's death-- rather than outright murder. Since by now we'd know if there were stabbing, strangulation, or gunshot wounds.
But, why bury (hide) him ?

Even if the person who gave him a fatal overdose, panicked-- or was high himself.... by this time, wouldn't they say, "I gave him some weed and it turned out to be laced with D-Con (rat poison) -- but I had no idea, and thought I'd be blamed -- and so I buried him at that farm... blah, blah,blah."

They might be facing some manslaughter charges, and contributing to the delinquency of a minor -- but not like first degree murder , nor even 2nd degree would apply in this case.
It would be like accidentally running over and killing someone while driving distracted, correct ?

Last edited:
Yah
I understand where you are coming from

I definitely thought this case would be pretty straightforward and we would have answers by now.

But I’m not yet to the point of thinking there are people in trusted positions trying to hide the truth.

At least one positive with this case is that JM's remains were recovered fairly quickly, and he's not still missing-- leaving his family and friends in further limbo. He seemed like a good kid.

Certainly not saying this applies to Jonathan but I remember the old-timers talk about how serious an abscess tooth was-- could lead to death!

As far as how Jonathan died -- I'm leaning more towards an accidental overdose that led to Jonathan's death-- rather than outright murder. Since by now we'd know if there were stabbing, strangulation, or gunshot wounds.

Even if the person who gave him a fatal overdose, panicked-- or was high himself.... by this time, wouldn't they say, "I gave him some weed and it turned out to be laced with D-Con (rat poison) -- but I had no idea, and thought I'd be blamed -- and so I buried him at that farm... blah, blah,blah."

They might be facing some manslaughter charges, and contributing to the delinquency of a minor -- but not like first degree murder , nor even 2nd degree would apply in this case.
It would be like accidentally running over and killing someone while driving distracted, correct ?

Yeah, that doesn't make sense, unless someone has confessed and LE is still hesitant to bring any charges. Part of me still thinks there may have been some other factor involved. Hate to say it, but possibly some kind of sexual abuse, with Jonathan threatening to tell.

Investigation went from missing person to we suspect foul play.

After JM body recovered, I don't recall the sheriff saying they were investigating this as a homicide so I don't there were visible signs of trauma.

I definitely believe this case is waiting for forensic test results.

MOO

Yeah, that doesn't make sense, unless someone has confessed and LE is still hesitant to bring any charges. Part of me still thinks there may have been some other factor involved. Hate to say it, but possibly some kind of sexual abuse, with Jonathan threatening to tell.
Sexual attack was my first thought.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Or driving under the influence and killing somebody

Graduation time always brings up accidental death stories whether it be drunk driving or overdose, and this year is no exception. The death of 2 Granger, IN brothers in 2015 is another example of good kids that consumed alcohol along with oxy. Two dead, and at least two others treated for OD-- all after attending the same party.

I believe one of the OD victims himself charged with misdemeanor for bringing the Rx to party. No murder charges ever filed for deaths of brothers.

Mom lost both of her sons on the same night after they overdosed on Oxycodone | Daily Mail Online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acalvert
Back