Closing Arguments- Chase Merritt Charged W/Murder of Joseph, Summer, Gianni and Joe Jr McStay #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I followed this case for years, but recently, I have been too busy to follow the trial. I believe CM is guilty of this crime. Does it look like he may be convicted or does the case look iffy? Sometimes the evidence is not enough to convict a suspect. Would love opinions on this. Thanks in advance!

these might answer your question:

Did Chase Merritt murder the McStay family?
This poll will close on Jun 17, 2019 at 7:34 AM.
  1. *
    Guilty
    150 vote(s)
    92.0%

2. Not Guilty
    13 vote(s)
    8.0%
  3. POLL - Did Chase Merritt murder the McStay family?

What is the Jury's Verdict?
This poll will close on Jun 10, 2019 at 3:00 PM.
  1. *
    Guilty
    49 vote(s)
    94.2%

2. Not Guilty
    3 vote(s)
    5.8%

1. POLL - Chase Merritt Jury Verdict

I followed this case for years, but recently, I have been too busy to follow the trial. I believe CM is guilty of this crime. Does it look like he may be convicted or does the case look iffy? Sometimes the evidence is not enough to convict a suspect. Would love opinions on this. Thanks in advance!
GUILTY AS SIN.

Only 33 1/2 hour wait for me....

33x19px-LL-d5999c9c_10pojkk.gif

I really hope you all get to see what you voted on, and want it carried out.

Its just wrong that one politician can go against what the majority wants, and voted on.

It's really a slap in the face to those who voted wanting the death penalty imposed when warranted.

It's also a slap in the face to the over 700 CA juries who sat in judgement carefully weighing the sentence of death. All their time, and effort when carefully weighing the just punishment... in the end meant nothing to the government who refuses to carry them out.

I really dont care if CM is executed or dies in prison. I want him on death row though with big letters of 'DR' on his inmate jumpsuit.

He will know there is a possibilty he is a dead man walking, and executions may start happening again with a date by his name.

He doesn't deserve any other punishment than the harshest allowed under CA law. Death row is the only place he deserves to be.

Jmho

Having killed two children, wouldn't CM be a target for retaliation by the other inmates? I read that Scott Peterson was getting along ok with inmates despite killing Conner however.

In California the court has at least 20, up to thirty days before the sentencing phase begins. This judge will likely wait until the last possible day to begin.

Omg! I know you are serious, but I find that so wrong on so many levels.

To prolong it that long is so unfair to the victims, and their families. Plus it allows the convicted to remain in jail much longer rather than sent to prison as quickly as possible.

Is this only done in CA because I've never seen any other state wait that long.

Imo CAs justice system is so screwed up. Do they not even care about the family members at all? Everything they do is so abnormal compared to other states.

Imo, the reason it takes so much money to house death row inmates is because CA never executes anyone. CAs appeals process is unnecessarily long. If other states can have a much faster appeal process then so could CA.

Just think if they executed even 75% of the 700 +who have been on DR for decades look at how much money it would save the state. A state where taxpayers are already taxed to death, and so much money wasted every year on other less important issues.

Jhmo

Having killed two children, wouldn't CM be a target for retaliation by the other inmates? I read that Scott Peterson was getting along ok with inmates despite killing Conner however.

Morning!

I would certainly think so. The sad reality though is so many in our prisons have murdered little children now even pedophile murderers.

If any general population I guess these type of murderers protect each other.

In truth inmates who have murdered children or murdered others aren't often harmed.

We have seen a few cases where it has happened like one of the pedophile priest when he was murdered by another inmate , and in Dahmer's case.. It doesn't seem to happen as often as we may think.

Jmho

Thank you.

I havent watched HLN since the Arias trial ended years ago.

Do you think other national channels will cover it as well?

Imo

I just happened to click on HLN forgot all about that channel. We are in a motel not much on

Not sure about the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member