Closing Arguments- Chase Merritt Charged W/Murder of Joseph, Summer, Gianni and Joe Jr McStay #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Message from Tortoise on polling thread: As we gather together for the Chase Merritt verdict, a poll to see us through the few remaining hours we wait, and show how the McStay family touched the hearts of so many from all around the Globe, day and night.

I second that Tortoise. It’s been such an emotional roller coaster. The nights I lay awake wondering what happened when they initially went missing. Spending hours on WS exploring the options with you guys. Then the shocker of the arrest, the penny dropping re Chase and the endless wait for justice. It’s been all consuming and compelled me like no other case I’ve ever read. I really hope the Mcstays can feel our collective will for justice for them right now. I have everything crossed from the UK.

hmmm not really. All the youtube video's for the trial are online, there are only 196 :D Were you looking for anything specific? I might be able to help direct you to where it is :)

McStay Family Murder Trial - YouTube
Nothing in particular. Just wanted to see everything they found, like the stuff found at the graves etc.

Followed this case from early on. Will never forget the morn, as I sat at Starbuck's in Palm Desert, when the news broke of Merritt's arrest. Two weeks earlier, I tried to visit the graves, but as I approached the crosses on foot, I got so wigged out I beat it back to my vehicle and out of there. I'll never believe Merritt alone did this.

Does anyone know if there is another side of the courtroom where the camera never turns to where the family sits? Usually the victims family sit on the other side of the courtroom? Is there another side where all the family are?

Have Mike McStay and Susan Blake been there everyday out of camera view?

Each state is different and how it treats death row inmates. But normally, they do not qualify for any remediation classes, they do not get specific mental health treatment that may be allowable for others, and they are segregated and have more restrictions.

Many folks believe that even though they will never get death, they want them to not get the benefits that people otherwise may have when they are incarcerated. M o o.

I'm here and waiting. I gardened, cooked, and baked my way through the weekend. And I am talking baking a cake with ganache frosting, and fancy piping. My husband is probably wondering WTF has gotten into me! It barely took the edge off and I did not sleep well.

My point is, I can't imagine how this weekend was for the family and friends of the McStay family. I wish I could wrap my arms around them, and give them some comfort.

This case has affected me like no other. I pray that CM is hit with a metaphorical sledge hammer today.
I am the opposite. Since verdict watch I have not been able to get anything done. I felt somewhat of a relief this weekend knowing the end was near and did squeak out some fun time for my Peke.

My husband has taken an impromptu trip to our tiny house...hmm...when he left he told me he was so happy the trial was ending today so I could once again become a productive member of our household. I told him that depended on the verdict. I might be curled up in a ball of depression for a few more days if it goes Not Guilty.

I am feeling optimistic and thinking of the families...like everyone else sitting here with bated breathe.

Does anyone know if there is another side of the courtroom where the camera never turns to where the family sits? Usually the victims family sit on the other side of the courtroom? Is there another side where all the family are?

Have Mike McStay and Susan Blake been there everyday out of camera view?
If you're looking at the courtroom from the public gallery the jury sits on the left, judge on the right, witness stand in between.

I believe in the gallery the victims' families/supporters are seated on the same side as the jury.

Just finished watching MR rebuttal, I think I love her! Lol.

Chase IMO looks awful, I hope the McStay’s haunt him for the rest of his sorry life.

Now....has anyone got a Xanax? Lol. Can’t believe we are nearly there. Phew.

Last edited:
I'm here and waiting. I gardened, cooked, and baked my way through the weekend. And I am talking baking a cake with ganache frosting, and fancy piping. My husband is probably wondering WTF has gotten into me! It barely took the edge off and I did not sleep well.

My point is, I can't imagine how this weekend was for the family and friends of the McStay family. I wish I could wrap my arms around them, and give them some comfort.

This case has affected me like no other. I pray that CM is hit with a metaphorical sledge hammer today.

ME too. I've been doing spring cleaning since the case went to deliberation, trying to pass the time. I finally finished yesterday. After reading everyone's comments, my stomach is doing flip-flops. Hoping and praying for that GUILTY AS CHARGED verdict!

I also watched the Youtube rebuttal from the Prosecution. Everything pointed to (on the defense excuses used) as "non-sensical". For that, she did, imo an excellent job. I've seen lots of criticism however about the prosecution team, but haven't watched the various videos,only this one. I'd give her an "A" + She was very clear, it would have been a stretch for a juror to buy the excuses she outlined.

note: I've been here on webslueths for 10 years or so, but for some reason, needed to "join" again when I switched computers recently. Oh well, you all know its me I'm sure. :)

:) Good Morning, Y'all !

I have not been here in a long, long time ... REAL LIFE has been extremely hectic.

But anyway ... I did watch some of the trial.

As most of the older members know, I used to post on this thread ... but I was the "lone wolf" as to my opinion, especially after CM was arrested. This is JMO but there is much more to this case than a "fountain business," "forged checks" and hacking, etc.

From what I watched of the trial, IMO, the PT failed in proving CM committed the murders, in the house, etc. But I will NOT be surprised if the jury convicts him on "emotions" because this is a very emotional case, especially with the murders of those 2 young boys.

Question: Is there anyone here that thinks that the PT did NOT prove their case BARD?

Thanks !

I have not been here in a long, long time ... REAL LIFE has been extremely hectic.

As most of the older members know, I used to post on this thread ... but I was the "lone wolf" as to my opinion, especially after CM was arrested. This is JMO but there is much more to this case than a "fountain business," "forged checks" and hacking, etc.

From what I watched of the trial, IMO, the PT failed in proving CM committed the murders, in the house, etc. But I will NOT be surprised if the jury convicts him on "emotions" because this is a very emotional case, especially with the murders of those 2 young boys.

Question: Is there anyone here that thinks that the PT did NOT prove their case BARD?

Thanks !

Me...and there are a few others....

Yes there are a few of us here like Missy and I. Though some are not here because they could not behave themselves. We have a few polls about guilty or not guilty. Not sure if one particularly addresses beyond a reasonable doubt or not.

Thanks !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member