Closing Arguments- Chase Merritt Charged W/Murder of Joseph, Summer, Gianni and Joe Jr McStay #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Richard K. De Atley‏Verified account @RKDeAtley 33s34 seconds ago
Good morning. I and colleague @Brian_Rokos will cover the verdicts today in the capital murder case of Charles “Chase” Merritt, charged
with the 2010 bludgeoning deaths of four members of a Fallbrook family #mcstay #chasemerritt

D8tp8AVUYAAcAtF.jpg

:) Good Morning, Y'all !

I have not been here in a long, long time ... REAL LIFE has been extremely hectic.

But anyway ... I did watch some of the trial.

As most of the older members know, I used to post on this thread ... but I was the "lone wolf" as to my opinion, especially after CM was arrested. This is JMO but there is much more to this case than a "fountain business," "forged checks" and hacking, etc.

From what I watched of the trial, IMO, the PT failed in proving CM committed the murders, in the house, etc. But I will NOT be surprised if the jury convicts him on "emotions" because this is a very emotional case, especially with the murders of those 2 young boys.

Question: Is there anyone here that thinks that the PT did NOT prove their case BARD?

Thanks !

I followed this case from the beginning but was not able/willing to watch the trial. I read about it here but I got lost at the Quickbooks.

I feel the same way as you do about the "fountain business", "forged checks" business. I think there is so much more to that. MOO

Richard K. De Atley‏Verified account @RKDeAtley 42s43 seconds ago
Merritt, 62, has pleaded not guilty to the charges that he killed business associate Joseph McStay, 40, his wife, Summer, 43, and their two children, Gianni, 4, and Joseph Jr., 3, who disappeared from their San Diego County home on Feb. 4, 2010. #mcstay #chasemerritt

Richard K. De Atley‏Verified account @RKDeAtley 3m3 minutes ago
The family’s remains were found in November 2013, in two shallow graves near Victorville in the Mojave Desert. #mcstay #chasemerritt

Last edited:
Would any of you who have doubt and/or don't believe the PT proved the case BARD, be willing to give some specifics as to why? What lingering doubts do you have or what evidence did you need that was not put on? I promise I am not trying to stir the pot or incite a debate, just seeking to understand a different point of view. TIA.

Hello,

I have a theory or two - maybe a few ... LOL !

I will only do a snippet because I do not want derail the thread or incite a riot - debate ... LOL

I believe that there is more to this case than just "fountains" ... EIP = Earth Inspired Products ... a fountain is not an earth inspired product, IMO

I would really like to know the TRUTH as to why all the characters that Joey was surrounded by (including DK and yes, the McS's) in his EIP business dealings wanted ownership of EIP immediately when JM went "missing." Did they know he was dead - murdered? There are lots of Unanswered Questions in this case that I do not believe we will ever know the answer to ... and not just because LE botched this case from the get-go, which they did, but they is too much hinky dinky from the family and friends immediately when the McS's were reported "missing."

Back to the trial ...

Hello,

I have a theory or two - maybe a few ... LOL !

I will only do a snippet because I do not want derail the thread or incite a riot - debate ... LOL

I believe that there is more to this case than just "fountains" ... EIP = Earth Inspired Products ... a fountain is not an earth inspired product, IMO

I would really like to know the TRUTH as to why all the characters that Joey was surrounded by (including DK and yes, the McS's) in his EIP business dealings wanted ownership of EIP immediately when JM went "missing." Did they know he was dead - murdered? There are lots of Unanswered Questions in this case that I do not believe we will ever know the answer to ... and not just because LE botched this case from the get-go, which they did, but they is too much hinky dinky from the family and friends immediately when the McS's were reported "missing."

Back to the trial ...

Joey was buying out DK and was sending monthly payments which we have seen in the evidence. This is obviously why DK knew within days something was wrong because he didn’t get his monthly payment. This doesn’t make DK guilty and he was actually the first one to go to the police and report them missing on the 10th.

We are staying respectful, and. not allowed to take pictures in the courtroom hallway. However I can tell you, right now, at least 15 family members and friends of Chase Merritt are waiting to go inside for the reading of the verdict. #mcstay #nbc

Why some even imply that this jury or any other jury for that matter bases their verdict on emotions rather than evidence leaves me dumbfounded.

Just think about it. If they were based on emotions instead of the evidence itself the appellate courts would be overturning cases left, and right which does not happen. All murder trials have emotion in them because someone's life has been brutally taken.

No matter what this verdict is this jury did not base it on emotions.

That's absurd, and its rather meanspirited thing to accuse this jury of doing.

I followed this case from the beginning but was not able/willing to watch the trial. I read about it here but I got lost at the Quickbooks.

I feel the same way as you do about the "fountain business", "forged checks" business. I think there is so much more to that. MOO

Hello,

Yep ... show me the fountains !

MOO !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics