OR OR - Kenneth King Wilson, 49, Eugene, 16 Feb 1973

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
Original

Missing Person / NamUs #MP15511
Kenneth King Wilson

Male, White / Caucasian
Height 5' 10" (70 Inches)
Weight 160 lbs

Hair Color Brown
Eye Color Brown

Scar/mark
Scar right side of stomach

Clothing
Brown heavy-knit turtleneck sweater and brown slacks

Footwear
Light tan oxfords

Date of Last Contact February 16, 1973
Missing From Eugene, Oregon
Missing Age 49 Years
Current Age 95 Years

Circumstances
Date of Last Contact February 16, 1973
NamUs Case Created July 18, 2012
Last Known Location Map
Location Eugene, Oregon
Lane County

Circumstances of Disappearance
Wilson left home at 7pm on 2-16-1973 and has not been seen since.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Wow. :eek: Thank you for finding those @PommyMommy ! We went from having very little info to very detailed reports that certainly seem to indicate Kenneth was murdered. Seems it's just a matter of finding his remains or seeing if he matches any John Does found near Eugene, OR. MOO.

The first article says he was going from his home to his office and his car was found about a block away from his office near a Texaco Station (the station doesn't seem to exist today). Here's a map of the locations given in the article: Google Maps

They tested his blood and know his blood type. I wonder if there’s any way to get DNA at this point. If his wife is still living I don’t know that she’d have any of his personal items left. The articles don’t mention children.

They tested his blood and know his blood type. I wonder if there’s any way to get DNA at this point. If his wife is still living I don’t know that she’d have any of his personal items left. The articles don’t mention children.

I see him in the 1940 census living in Eugene, Oregon with his parents and 4 siblings. If he has any living siblings left NAMUS will put their DNA in the database to look for UID's with close matches.

Create a Free Account

Kenneth's WWII Draft Record gives his date of Birth as 26 Jan 1924. He was born in Burrton, Kansas, USA but living in Lebannon, Linn County, Oregon at the time of the draft (30 Jun 1942). His employer in 1942 (when he was 18) was McDonald and Strong Contractors. He gave his father's name as next of kin. His height was listed as only 5'8" (versus 5'10" in NAMUS). I suppose he could have gained 2 inches after his 18th birthday although most have reached their full height by 18.

Join Ancestry

There is a SS Death record that lists his date of death as Feb 1973. So I guess his family eventually had him declared deceased. A name change to the SS record is noted on 29 Dec 1987. The name change only leaves out the middle name King and gave his name as Kenneth Wilson. 1987 is probably when he was declared deceased. MOO.

Join Ancestry

There is a SS Death record that lists his date of death as Feb 1973. So I guess his family eventually had him declared deceased. A name change to the SS record is noted on 29 Dec 1987. The name change only leaves out the middle name King and gave his name as Kenneth Wilson. 1987 is probably when he was declared deceased. MOO.

Join Ancestry
I bet that was around the time his wife would have collected social security benefits under him.

Kenneth's WWII Draft Record gives his date of Birth as 26 Jan 1924. He was born in Burrton, Kansas, USA but living in Lebannon, Linn County, Oregon at the time of the draft (30 Jun 1942). His employer in 1942 (when he was 18) was McDonald and Strong Contractors. He gave his father's name as next of kin. His height was listed as only 5'8" (versus 5'10" in NAMUS). I suppose he could have gained 2 inches after his 18th birthday although most have reached their full height by 18.

Join Ancestry
Gaining that much in height at that age is not surprising to me. He came from a big family. Not much food to go around maybe. I did the same thing - directly related to malnutrition and neglect - bailed at 17, grew almost 2” in height, 2 shoe sizes and gained 20lbs.

Theres alot more behind this story then what people think its one of the strangest disappearance. This is part of my family’s history. Ive been looking in this for a few just stumbling across this website that has the most information.id love for anyone to send me articles/info for my grandfather Kenneth k wilson

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419
Back