GUILTY UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember reading about this a few years ago,it just reiterates the point for me that people with serious personality disorders can rub along nicely with normal people living normal lives,this guy was,with hindsight ,obviously seriously disturbed but these parents thought him a friend and trusted him implicitly with their children. The bottom line is that these kind of atrocities are not something a normal person would comprehend so they couldnt predict it.
Absolutely horrific though and I just hope that Aaron isn't able to fool the parole board so easily when the time comes.

I wonder if they have any leads on who smashed the windows yet? I feel like people may not be very forthcoming but it's not fair.
I don't know if it's just me but I'd love to speak to Janette about everything, it must be difficult for her but it'd be interesting to hear how she feels. Chris too I suppose, but we haven't heard much about him (except that he seems to be reversing in age). I just wonder what a parent's perspective on this whole situation over the past year would be.

I wonder if they have any leads on who smashed the windows yet? I feel like people may not be very forthcoming but it's not fair.
I don't know if it's just me but I'd love to speak to Janette about everything, it must be difficult for her but it'd be interesting to hear how she feels. Chris too I suppose, but we haven't heard much about him (except that he seems to be reversing in age). I just wonder what a parent's perspective on this whole situation over the past year would be.

Lmao yeah Benjamin button over there doesn’t seem to get reported about half as much as J which is so unfair. I don’t see why janette has had her picture all over the papers but he gets off Scot free.
I’d love to speak to her too. I hope she doesn’t blame herself. I really felt for her after reading all those comments on the buteman fb page.

TBH, i don't think the police will be actively investigating the windows being smashed, they may already have an idea who did it but without proof they can't do anything.
I would be interested to hear how Janette feels too, straight from her, no tabloids involved to bend or embellish her story.
It must be awful for her and her daughter, living there in fear, not knowing if/when her property is going to be targeted again.
People seem to forget, she's got to live with knowing her son is a monster. That must be a terrible thought.

Home of Alesha MacPhail's schoolboy killer is smashed up in vigilante attack

Link to article from the Mirror .

Police are investigating according to the article.

"Police are investigating a "disturbance" at the property on the Isle of Bute.
The property is where teenage killer Aaron Campbell lived when he abducted, raped and murdered the six-year-old last summer.

A van parked nearby also had one of its windows smashed. It’s thought thugs hurled rocks at the house and van. Police are probing the late-night attacks."

Thanks for that @tresir2012. I had already read this over a week ago, the crime happened a wee while before this report.
I'm sure the police have taken statements from the victims and have it on record however i don't expect the police on bute to have a team of officers actively investigating. I imagine the police understand this as a petty crime of vandalism and i don't think the culprits would get charged with anything more should they be caught. But, i could be wrong.
Personally i feel the police should be doing more for the family but the police on bute haven't even investigated known drug dealers on the island. I don't hold out much hope in catching the sickos who targeted this family.

Thanks for that @tresir2012. I had already read this over a week ago, the crime happened a wee while before this report.
I'm sure the police have taken statements from the victims and have it on record however i don't expect the police on bute to have a team of officers actively investigating. I imagine the police understand this as a petty crime of vandalism and i don't think the culprits would get charged with anything more should they be caught. But, i could be wrong.
Personally i feel the police should be doing more for the family but the police on bute haven't even investigated known drug dealers on the island. I don't hold out much hope in catching the sickos who targeted this family.
100 % agree

Ok. I thought you said they weren't investigating but the MSM says they are which is why I posted it. It wasn't clear to me that was just your opinion. Sorry. Do you have a LE link of exactly when it happened, I don't think I've seen that, or I have missed it. Certainly hope they do investigate and catch the perps before it escalates. It seems to be a little more than petty vandalism looking at the size of the hole in the window pane. Looks like a brick went thru it IMO.
(Plus the damaged van)

ETA delete dupe quote

Last edited:
Ok. I thought you said they weren't investigating but the MSM says they are which is why I posted it. It wasn't clear to me that was just your opinion. Sorry. Do you have a LE link of exactly when it happened, I don't think I've seen that, or I have missed it. Certainly hope they do investigate and catch the perps before it escalates. It seems to be a little more than petty vandalism looking at the size of the hole in the window pane. Looks like a brick went thru it IMO.
(Plus the damaged van)

ETA delete dupe quote
I would be surprised if they were still investigating it.
I don't have a link, i came by that info from a local and really shouldn't discuss that here.
Regardless of what was put through the window, it's still vandalism which is a petty crime. They could be charged with criminal damage i suppose. Again, my personal opinion is it's more of a hate crime but i don't think it falls into that category in the eyes of the law as race, gender and religion etc don't come in to it.

Last edited:
I would be surprised if they were still investigating it.
I don't have a link, i came by that info from a local and really shouldn't discuss that here.
Regardless of what was put through the window, it's still vandalism which is a petty crime. They could be charged with criminal damage i suppose. Again, my personal opinion is it's more of a hate crime but i don't think it falls into that category in the eyes of the law as race, gender and religion etc don't come in to it.

It is a criminal offence, criminal damage and if found that is what they would be charged with, possibly having to compensate the victims if found guilty. I guess it could also be harassment.

I thought a neighbour also had CCTV when I was following the trial so perhaps LE have examined that. (Which I would expect if the MSM is correct.) Isn't the house also next to a public house/ restaurant that could also have cctv.

It is a criminal offence, criminal damage and if found that is what they would be charged with, possibly having to compensate the victims if found guilty. I guess it could also be harassment.

I thought a neighbour also had CCTV when I was following the trial so perhaps LE have examined that. (Which I would expect if the MSM is correct.) Isn't the house also next to a public house/ restaurant that could also have cctv.
I'm sure if the police were investigating they would have explored all possible cctv footage.
I think there needs to be 2 proven incidents for harassment to come into play. I'm not 100% sure on this though, i could be wrong.

I'm sure if the police were investigating they would have explored all possible cctv footage.
I think there needs to be 2 proven incidents for harassment to come into play. I'm not 100% sure on this though, i could be wrong.

I am sure the police have a very small suspect pool and some public comments on MSM fb pages could certainly aid any investigation,they are easy enough to find. I think you are right,no matter how much we think it should be properly investigated here on websleuths, I doubt it is very high priority at all,for a few different reasons!

I am sure the police have a very small suspect pool and some public comments on MSM fb pages could certainly aid any investigation,they are easy enough to find. I think you are right,no matter how much we think it should be properly investigated here on websleuths, I doubt it is very high priority at all,for a few different reasons!

Agree. I’m sure the police have a very good idea but they won’t pursue, although they should. Would be nice if the perps did something to honour Aleshas memory instead of causing more harm to innocent people. Im very much sure Alesha would agree.

Agree. I’m sure the police have a very good idea but they won’t pursue, although they should. Would be nice if the perps did something to honour Aleshas memory instead of causing more harm to innocent people. Im very much sure Alesha would agree.
I notice the police are appealing for info so they obviously don't know for sure.

I'm sure they do,knowing and proving conclusively are two very different things though.
Yes. It's all in the proof. The crime and the culprit(s) both have to have to be corroborated with evidence. The police may know who it is but other than smashed windows they have nothing else so far.
Edit: Also, as said previously, i don't think it's a crime high up on the police agenda on Bute. It should be but sadly it isnt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa