CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #53 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
"In the courtroom, which was closed to cameras, prosecutors reportedly said that a small amount of evidence previously believed to be significant was no longer considered critical to the investigation."

From (also can be found in other sources) Prosecutors in Kelsey Berreth murder case say evidence set for testing is no longer critical to the investigation

I don't think this is some piece of evidence from the fire pit (oh how awesome that would be) and if it is they must then doubt it is hers. I have my opinions of why they changed their tune in January (above date) as to its importance and I do not believe it was found in the burn pit. I think the reason they were no longer so gung ho about it is otherwise.

Jmo though.

Last edited:
In any other state than CO, I'd agree about PF considering a plea vs the DP. I just don't see the State putting a needle in anyone. Too bad, I wish it was something PF needed to seriously consider.
Colorado has the death penalty on paper, but that is all. PF and his attorneys know he would never be executed even if sentenced to death.

Are there more German speaking people like me, who aren't able to spell? :p

I know eins, zwei, drei; guten morgen and guten nacht and that is all i remember. Did I spell them right? :) Pretty good I figure from a half semester decades ago to remember anything at all...

1, 2, 3 PF shall never go free... He will never again hear mom saying good morning or good night...

Sorry it is pretty corny but I had to relate the case and my post to my fluent German :)

Colorado has the death penalty on paper, but that is all. PF and his attorneys know he would never be executed even if sentenced to death.

By the time this gets to trial, there well could be other politicians in office that may change that and actually see to it is carried out; I doubt it though since if anything sentences are getting stronger, not harsher. I think I read in the history of Colorado's DP only one death was ever carried out anyhow, is that true? Pretty ineffective then I guess.

Not to get into a DP discussion nor politics--just to point out I doubt it will change and be carried out, PF or otherwise.

Jmo.

I am thinking it is more likely there has been some serious threats made. That is the only valid reason as, I am guessing that like here sidewalks are public and usually council run.

Based on the logistics of a small town courthouse building -- the epicenter of town if you will, I believe it makes perfect sense for the road to be blocked when PF is entering court.

However, until MSM news camera's (with powerful lenses) show up on a court decorum order, I support the media here.

So let the defense bring on more motions for sanctions, I still believe media will prevail.

MOO

In the unlikely event that PF pleads guilty, thus no trial, what happens to KK’s sentencing, which was to happen at the end of Frazee’s trial?

“A possible sentence ranges anywhere from probation to 18 months in prison. If the judge decides there was an aggravating factor in the case, sentencing guidelines extend to a possible sentence of 3 years in prison.”

In the unlikely event that PF pleads guilty, thus no trial, what happens to KK’s sentencing, which was to happen at the end of Frazee’s trial?

“A possible sentence ranges anywhere from probation to 18 months in prison. If the judge decides there was an aggravating factor in the case, sentencing guidelines extend to a possible sentence of 3 years in prison.”
I believe her sentence would still follow PF entering his guilty plea and his sentencing hearing.

Also, I don't recall KK's agreement contingent on PF being found guilty.

MOO

I believe her sentence would still follow PF entering his guilty plea and his sentencing hearing.

Also, I don't recall KK's agreement contingent on PF being found guilty.

MOO

Yes, I was wondering about the timing of her sentence, since it was said to be planned for the end of his trial. So if there were no trial, due to an entrance of a guilty plea by PF, would her sentencing then happen immediately?

Yes, I was wondering about the timing of her sentence, since it was said to be planned for the end of his trial. So if there were no trial, due to an entrance of a guilty plea by PF, would her sentencing then happen immediately?
I believe KK would be sentenced within a reasonable amount of time.

If I recall correctly, her deal is sealed and we don't have access to the agreement. If PF goes with guilty plea, KK would certainly have more than fair warning to get her affairs in order.

MOO

That was my thought too but since they're describing it as a fragment, I also wonder if it may have been caught up in the mop? MOO
That sounds reasonable since it was such a tiny piece. It could have also been found in the vent at the condo or perhaps even in what LE sifted out of the burn pile. I guess it could even have been found stuck to one of the curtains in the condo.

I definitely don't see it as one of the teeth in Mama's house since there would be plenty to divide and test.

Edit: Now that it seems to have come from the Frazee house, I'm going with the burn pit!

Last edited:
I agree this will not go to trial in October. It is June, that is four months away. There is testing that is not even concluded or scheduled for testing yet. I so agree with you. Add to that all of the other things likely to occur prior to trial, not sure in Colorado and certainly not an expert, but pretrial, motions, experts, rules on what is admissible and what is not; do some of the necessary routine things even have dates scheduled yet? I doubt anyone believes it is going to be tried in October. And an attempt to delay can almost be expected, isn't it generally the norm by the defense who it benefits in most cases? Yet such can't be denied or there may be an appeal basis. So we have to let it take its time to ensure that does not happen.

I am just trying to get up to speed on the Dulos case the past few days. Talk about two couples from he77, PF and KK and the two in that case. Without even having read all of it yet, the similarities... Hmm. The only comment I can make since I am not up to speed totally on it is in neither case do the women seem to know where the body is to bring the remains home for the victims' families and have that to offer. Mm-hmm. How ideal and fortunate is that?

So... Since it will not likely be tried in October imho as well as your opinion and that of others I imagine, KK remains free to get up to whatever she likes, whether that be rocking and watching whodunits or crazy soaps or reality shows she cannot identify with or partying up a storm or maybe spending some time on dating sites, trying to do it right this time looking for a good man... :D Whoa...

I wonder what PF will fill his time with. Is he a crossword fan? Jigsaw puzzle addict? Likes to read? Does he crave Sonic and all of his dates with KK there and just sits there reminiscing or does he love things like clean-up, being familiar with wet wipes and all? Is he grieving over not seeing his child and over the loss of her mother since he pled not guilty and says he did not do this? Somehow I do not see any of that but who knows... Busy making friends and buddies I bet! That is what he is focused on. And writing long soft sentimental letters to his missed loved ones...:rolleyes: He only has the one child is that correct? Are the Berreths getting child support from him--willingly I bet?? He is the only parent alive. And he will lose all rights to her or so I hope...

And on that note, I pray Baby K remains with the family of KB. Not a baby anymore, but a very fun and curious toddler I bet. She is still a baby though. Hoping for the best for her and the Berreths as always, and hoping for two sentenced for the right form of justice for KB--KK will screw up before this ever gets to trial... Probably plotting right now against someone else that has her seething with jealousy.. She can still testify from a prison cell right per the deal?

And that would be my as close as we can get to perfect ending/justice in this case...

And of course, this is all only my opinion.

Wonderful post! Yes I believe KK will
Roll over like a dog (no offense to our furry ones!)

Just to keep her freedom. She will have blood on her hands for the rest of her life.

IMO

That sounds reasonable since it was such a tiny piece. It could have also been found in the vent at the condo or perhaps even in what LE sifted out of the burn pile.

I definitely don't see it as one of the teeth in Mama's house since there would be plenty to divide and test.

I recall KK stating that she disposed of a tooth with root that PF warned her about. I've always felt there was more to this discard than disclosed to the public.

Perhaps a fragment was located in drain pipe at condo.

MOO

ETA: Just confirmed that fragment located on PF property.

Last edited:
I believe KK would be sentenced within a reasonable amount of time.

If I recall correctly, her deal is sealed and we don't have access to the agreement. If PF goes with guilty plea, KK would certainly have more than fair warning to get her affairs in order.

MOO

I was actually hoping they would go snatch her up immediately and throw her directly into the pokey!

That sounds reasonable since it was such a tiny piece. It could have also been found in the vent at the condo or perhaps even in what LE sifted out of the burn pile. I guess it could even have been found stuck to one of the curtains in the condo.

The fragment was found at the Frazee property.

Ashley Franco on Twitter
Tooth fragment was found on #PatrickFrazee property.@KKTV11News#KelseyBerreth
9:47 AM - 14 Jun 2019

Tooth fragment could shed light in case of missing Woodland Park woman Kelsey Berreth
Prosecutor Jennifer Viehman said after the hearing that authorities found the tooth fragment during a search of Frazee's property, citing a court filing. She provided no further details.

The fragment was found at the Frazee property.

Ashley Franco on Twitter
Tooth fragment was found on #PatrickFrazee property.@KKTV11News#KelseyBerreth
9:47 AM - 14 Jun 2019

Tooth fragment could shed light in case of missing Woodland Park woman Kelsey Berreth
Prosecutor Jennifer Viehman said after the hearing that authorities found the tooth fragment during a search of Frazee's property, citing a court filing. She provided no further details.
That's wonderful to know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member