Found Deceased OK - Laura Pace, 51, Skiatook, OK. Disappeared After Leaving Walmart, 12 JUNE 2019

doublestop

Reaction score
Laura Pace, 51, was last seen at Walmart in Skiatook, OK, at 1 am, Wednesday, June 12, 2019. Her car was found just south of Skiatook two days later, but she was nowhere to be seen.

Police say she went to work at Walmart on Wednesday, stayed there for ten minutes and left in her car.

The two links below have her at two different Walmarts, but I would tend to think the one from the Osage County Sheriff's office is probably more correct.

Osage County Sheriff's Office

MISSING WOMAN: Owasso police searching for 51-year-old woman

Last edited by a moderator:
Per Oklahoma court records ...

She married a woman back in August of 2016 in Tulsa County. Laura had previously pursued a protection order against that same woman in 2000. After marriage there was another protection order in November of 2017 out of Osage County against this same woman that was dismissed. A divorce was filed in September of 2018 and completed December of 2018 in Rogers County involving Laura (plaintiff) and this woman.

Go to the Oklahoma State Courts Network. Use the second section for search by party. Last name. First Name. Hit the GO button in that section.

https://www.oscn.net/dockets/search.aspx

Last edited:
Need to fix the date to June - not July. Wednesday, July 12, 2019

I have a friend who gets lost easily too so I can understand people get turned around when traveling. Hoping the traffic cameras will pick up her direction.

Glad to see the searches include water. Female perps gravitate toward water from what I've read over the years - drowning, etc. It is seen as a less violent death, again from what I've read.

MISSING WOMAN: Owasso police searching for 51-year-old woman
  • Owasso police searching for 51-year-old woman who is missing.
  • Laura Pace who lives in Skiatook has been missing since Wednesday night.
  • Police say she went to work at Owasso Walmart on Wednesday, stayed there for ten minutes and took off in her car.
  • Police found her car Thursday morning near Skiatook Lane near 52nd West.
  • The family has filed missing persons reports with Osage County Sheriffs Office, Skiatook PD and Owasso PD. Now the family has organized search parties with the community looking in and around the lake where her car was found.
  • She worked at Walmart in Owasso and her family says everyone knew her. She was quiet, but always had a smile on her face. Her family says she was healthy but she would get lost easily but never for this long.

Osage County Sheriffs Office Facebook post (linked above) has commenters noting what they believe was her car with an "orange sticker." So what happens when the car has a removal sticker, do the police do an owner search at that point? This should definitely nail down the timeline, if it is her vehicle (dark gray Kia Soul?). Did anyone drive by with a dash cam that just happen to record her being picked up? I am sure they know by now if she called a friend, an Uber/Lyft for a ride.

Neither the news stories nor the Osage Sheriff's Department (or Owasso Police or Skiatook Police) are saying the last places and times she was seen but you can learn that if you go through her sister's FB page.

Also, considering that she had been in a prior long-term relationship (at least 19 years) that had some history of violence I hope that law enforcement has spoken with Laura's ex-wife.

Last edited:
Laura works overnights at the Walmart in Owasso (I see her everytime I go late at night) but she lives in Skiatook. She was last seen at the Walmart in Skiatook around 1 am Wednesday morning. She went to work at the Walmart in Owasso earlier that evening but left after only being there for 10 minutes. Osage County Woman Missing Since Wednesday, Deputies Say

This is the most recent FB I could find for her. It is possible there is a more recent one.
Laura Pace

So this says she works at the Walmart in Owasso.

Laura works overnights at the Walmart in Owasso (I see her everytime I go late at night) but she lives in Skiatook. She was last seen at the Walmart in Skiatook around 1 am Wednesday morning. She went to work at the Walmart in Owasso earlier that evening but left after only being there for 10 minutes. Osage County Woman Missing Since Wednesday, Deputies Say

I wonder what she bought at the other Walmart at 1am. (Possibly relevant or NOT)

From my encounters with her, she doesn’t seem like the type to just disappear. She has an elderly mother she looks after. You never know what people are going through but my gut is telling me this isn’t a suicide or a case of someone just taking off. Just my opinion

Bad news.
Body Of Missing Woman Found Near Skiatook

A missing woman in Skiatook was found dead Sunday evening in a creek near where her car was discovered Friday.

Family confirm Laura Pace’s body was recovered just after 7 p.m. after a days long search for her across Skiatook.

Laura Pace was last seen leaving the Skiatook Walmart Thursday around 1 a.m.

The next day, her car was found near North 52nd West Avenue by the Hominy Creek bridge.

After days of searching on land, in the water and by drone and helicopter, kayakers found a body three to four miles downstream around 5:30 Sunday night.​

Bad news.

A missing woman in Skiatook was found dead Sunday evening in a creek near where her car was discovered Friday.

Family confirm Laura Pace’s body was recovered just after 7 p.m. after a days long search for her across Skiatook.

The next day, her car was found near North 52nd West Avenue by the Hominy Creek bridge.

After days of searching on land, in the water and by drone and helicopter, kayakers found a body three to four miles downstream around 5:30 Sunday night.​
So now we wait for an autopsy report? I just don't want to assume yet that this is self harm.

Rest in peace, Laura.

Bad news.

Oh, no. :( Prayers for her family and loved ones.

JUN 18, 2019
Osage County Woman Remembered By Walmart Coworkers
A memorial is now in place at the Walmart in Owasso where a woman worked for more than 20 years.

[...]

Friends and family say she left a lasting impression on her co-workers and customers. Pace's cause of death is under investigation.

JUN 19, 2019
Body found in Hominy Creek near Skiatook identified as longtime Owasso Walmart employee
A body recently recovered from Hominy Creek near Skiatook was identified as 51-year-old Laura Pace, according to the Osage County Sheriff’s Office.

[...]

“She helped anywhere and everywhere that was needed,” Cole said, “She was like a Swiss army knife over here; she can do anything and everything.”

Walmart’s management team set up a table near the front of the store’s grocery entrance in Pace’s memory with a journal for those wanting to write down their thoughts to share with her family.

“That book is filling up,” Cole said. “There’s probably well over 60 pages filled out, front and back.”

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419
Back