Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any chance of any of the following: **PURE SPECULATION MOO**

ML found out she was pregnant and told the guy while she was in CA and they met up to talk about it and things went very poorly?

OR

ML was feeling unnoticed or not important or not cared about and decided to disappear for a day or two to get people to worry and give her some attention, and nobody reported her missing for what? 4 days? Which didn’t help matters since nobody noticed she was gone, so now she just hiding out like eff you all?

OR

She meant to just hide out with a guy for a bit and she didn’t expect anyone to care. But now that everyone is looking at her and her personal life is being dissected she is just too embarrassed to come back?

These are all just speculative questions and are not facts or even rumors, just ideas.
Anything is possible.

The issue with the first theory is that you’d think she would have told someone if she was pregnant.

As for the other two, I felt that those were likely possibilities a couple days ago.

The longer this goes on, especially with this mystery person not coming forward, makes me feel like foul play is not only possible, but probable at this point.

I don’t believe she is staying away because she wants to stay away. I think she’s staying away because she has no choice in the matter.

Fortunately, I don’t think this is going to be an enduring mystery. Law enforcement has the tools to get to the bottom of this, and up until now they’ve been unable to utilize them (warrants).

I think that’s going to change, and change fast.

A point to consider.
Roommates don't know everything about us.
Sometimes, they know surprisingly little about us.
Your roommate probably knows where you work, what shampoo you keep in the bathroom, and what foods you store in the fridge.
Do they know about your
"side job"? All of your legal history, good and bad? Your medical issues?
Maybe not.
I've had many roommates ; and I learned that the hard way.

Completely agree and that goes for roomies, friends,parents, coworkers, neighbors etc.

I am friendly, outgoing, what one would describe as an extrovert, but I am staunchly private.

You know what I want you to know.

MOO

Part of me thinks this 3am meeting wasn't for love/comfort/etc. but to discuss something. Maybe there was an issue between Kenzie and mystery person. He begs to meet her to talk things out or vice versa. Things went bad, now Kenzie is missing.

Hope they are able to get her phone records soon. The phone is key to this IMO.

What time was her exam scheduled for? When was she going to get some sleep? She didn't see a need to get a good nights rest before the test?
I've been wondering about that too. She also spent a few days with family for a funeral and I imagine there wasn't much time or interest in studying for an exam during that time. Our VI tells us her coursework was difficult. For these reasons, yesterday I was thinking perhaps the stress was weighing heavy, she felt unprepared, and she just wanted to get away to re-group.

But, now knowing the location of the her Lyft destination, I don't think so. I think she met someone there for a date/hook-up and it went bad, with the exam details now inconsequential.

Perhaps the upcoming exam is a hint that the date was intended to be short. OR, the person she was meeting offered her a place to sleep for the night so at least she'd get some rest? IDK.

jmopinion

Another missing persons case where the person vanishes into thin air, this time after being dropped off by Lyft. The cell phone being turned off is not a good sign.

So she took an Uber from the airport to Hatch Park in North Salt Lake and did not go back to her roommates place. I can understand that if she did not want to disturb them. I do not know the living situation, but someone walking in at 3 am could wake someone up.

What is strange is how would the "other" person she met at Hatch Park know to be there if she had not contacted them first? So there is probably more to the story once the cell phone details emerge.

My complete guess is that she was buying time till morning by meeting up with a co-worker and they know the park mutually through either work or play. Blood drives sometimes take place at parks or park buildings so maybe that is how MacKenzie Lueck and this "other" person met up? Or maybe it was a classmate or professor who lives in the area?

So co-workers that live in the area of Hatch Park in North Salt Lake is probably a good place to start. This is why missing persons cases are so difficult to solve. It is hard to know where to start to look.

I think it’s plausible the Lyft driver could have incapacitated her, hid her, continued his route and then circled back once his phone was off. Even if married with kids, he could have been safe from his electronic alibi. All in 10 minutes? Yes. Although....LE cleared him. Or....I’m thinking professor or someone she had been seen with. A rando, would not feel so much heat in the anonymity of their off campus relations. This person was panicked.

Did she smoke weed? I am frequent marijuana user and when I was in college, most of my dealers (all very nice people who I trusted) would deliver to my dorm or a local public place and I'd get into their car to buy. I wonder if she was buying weed or if someone offered to take her on a ride and smoke her up.

Part of me thinks this 3am meeting wasn't for love/comfort/etc. but to discuss something. Maybe there was an issue between Kenzie and mystery person. He begs to meet her to talk things out or vice versa. Things went bad, now Kenzie is missing.

Hope they are able to get her phone records soon. The phone is key to this IMO.

Hopefully the Lyft driver will be able to provide some description of the car and driver to LE. In the meantime, hopefully LE will find some useful surveillance footage from the park or nearby.

What time was her exam scheduled for? When was she going to get some sleep? She didn't see a need to get a good nights rest before the test?
I'm not sure exactly when they were, I'm assuming they would have taken place last week. Maybe she didn't have one on Monday or maybe she intended to go straight home after briefly meeting someone.
She went missing after returning from the funeral and was supposed to attend a wedding this past weekend. I'm not sure what her schedule was in between, but I think she missed work as well.
The VI can probably help with that information.

Hi guys, 27/m from Boston here following this case.

I checked out her Instagram and there was a post from a guy saying that he "remembered matching her" about a year ago and was hoping for the best.

To me, this says she is on dating apps like Tinder, Bumble, or one of the other less known ones like OkCupid, Hinge, POF, or Coffee Meets Bagel.

Almost every women I've ever dated has told me about a bad experience with meeting a guy on these apps. I would 100% say these should be the main focus on the investigation, not the Lyft driver or meeting someone on the airplane. The problem is if you "unmatch" someone, all conversation is lost and there is no trace or history to look back on, so LE would need to work with the company which it might be possible that they don't even have info anymore.

I can only imagine that at 3am in the morning after a long flight its easy to make a poor decision based on tiredness, desires, feelings, or what have you.

Just my 2 cents. Thoughts and prayers from Boston.
Welcome, dougster!

Thanks for joining our discussion here, and for offering your insights!

You made some great points.

I agree that the Lyft driver is a non-starter as far as being involved in ML's disappearance,
along w/ the fact that her cell phone data and SM activity is going to be key to solving The Who/What/Where questions surrounding this case.

JMO.

I'm not sure cell phone records will show information from apps. They need to not only check all dating apps (the ones I listed above) but also chat apps. Those that come to mind are Snapchat and then possibly KiK and WhatsApp. If there is foul play, its going to be happening on those servers and not through regular text. I feel strongly about this and hope they realize this.

I'm not sure exactly when they were, I'm assuming they would have taken place last week. Maybe she didn't have one on Monday or maybe she intended to go straight home after briefly meeting someone.
She went missing after returning from the funeral and was supposed to attend a wedding this past weekend. I'm not sure what her schedule was in between, but I think she missed work as well.
The VI can probably help with that information.

She may have been given a little grace time by the prof(s) since the passing and funeral of her grandmother.

They are usually forgiving to a degree in that regard. With that being said, her final may have been rescheduled at a later date which was missed nonetheless.

MOO

My thoughts are going toward someone who had some type of control over her (abusive relationship or otherwise). Here is why I think that:

1. She had to be tired after just losing her grandma that she loved and attending the funeral. Her post speaks to loving her grandma and she cared enough to attend the funeral right before exams. It had to be emotionally draining due to her loss.

2. She took a very late flight and only had her luggage. For a funeral, she likely packed minimally. Her packed clothes would likely be dirty on the return flight (not ideal for a date type meeting).

3. The person had her take a Lyft ride to an isolated location (for that time of night) at an unreasonable hour (after all she had been through - funeral, late flight).

4. None of her friends knew who it was. Her friends obviously love her. If this was a special friend that she could not wait to see even though she was tired and it was late, chances are that her friends would have heard about the meeting and/or the person.

5. She had exams coming up and, with the death of her grandma, likely had not studied or prepared so she would need rest/time.

With the funeral, the dirty clothes, the late flight and the strange location, this meeting seems like someone required it rather than a voluntary date type meeting. I agree that she knew the person because she went at that hour but I just cannot see it as a truly voluntary meeting when all the circumstances are considered.

This is my opinion only but I wonder if there was someone controlling or threatening her that she had to appease by meeting them under those circumstances.

No matter what the situation, my prayers are with her dear family and friends. They just lost her grandmother and now she is missing. I cannot imagine their worry and grief. My heart goes out to them.

I am not a criminal attorney so please do not throw those questions my way.

I'm not sure cell phone records will show information from apps. They need to not only check all dating apps (the ones I listed above) but also chat apps. Those that come to mind are Snapchat and then possibly KiK and WhatsApp. If there is foul play, its going to be happening on those servers and not through regular text. I feel strongly about this and hope they realize this.

I’m sure they do, but their hands have been tied thus far in regards to getting search warrants.

They likely know where to look, but simply cannot at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993