Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! Can I ask a big favor? I just got home from a 14 hour shift and I'm wayyyyy behind! You all have been very busy! Would anyone be kind enough to give me a quick update on any new info from today? Just highlights or a good MSM article to read. TIA!!

I wonder if she is the one who wanted to meet someone, and be picked up at the Park ?.....moo

I can’t think of any reason I’d meet someone so early, after a flight from a funeral, unless it was to discuss something very urgent. Also, I wouldn’t pick a park because I’m a huge paranoid chicken. Even my own front yard scares me at night.

Was Kenzie scheduled to work at Grifols , that Monday morning?
(Or did she work a night shift..)

I keep coming back to.... Why? What could be so vital or urgent, to place her at Hatch Park, at 3 AM, on a work/ school night, during midterm exams?

Someone she was really into:

Relationship potential material
An ex whose she trusts and really misses, but now has wife/ family & can’t be seen with her
Someone she views as very important and his attention is extremely flattering, esp with all the secrecy involved

Last edited:
3 am seems like a horrible time to meet up to do anything but maybe I’m just getting old!
Maybe her plans were to spend the night with this person. So, either go home to her apt. around 10-20 minutes earlier or so, or go the extra mile (and he does too) to be able to spend the night together. Just a thought. I'm wondering if they met in between the airport and his house.

Wow...o_O

Ladd Egan on Twitter
The spokesperson for the North Salt Lake Police Dept. said it's unclear if the surveillance cameras at the park were ever operational. Even though numerous signs say the area is being videotaped. Sure would have helped in this case @KSLcom @kslnewsradio @KSL5TV #missingperson
D93TfuIU8AARwji.jpg

5:38 PM - 24 Jun 2019

Was Kenzie scheduled to work at Grifols , that Monday morning?
(Or did she work a night shift..)

I keep coming back to.... Why? What could be so vital or urgent, to place her at Hatch Park, at 3 AM, on a work/ school night, during midterm exams?
A new love interest. I would have gone anywhere and at any time of the day or night when I was her age and just starting a new, exciting relationship.

According to SLCPD, ML arrived at the park, the Lyft driver saw her make contact with someone, and she was not in distress. We do not if the person she met at the park drop off was male or female OR the make and model of that person’s vehicle.

These are some ideas/possibilities for the TYPE of mystery person she could have met... all aligning with my theory (and many of yours as well) that she only arrived at the park willingly, but there is certainly reason to be concerned that she was (is) in danger after (since) her arrival.

Who could she have met at the park?

1. Ex-boyfriend who she still trusts, needed someone to talk to while grieving, he wanted more
2. Jealous (former or current) girlfriend/spouse of current/former interest - lured her to park somehow... been posing as her friend or said she wanted to talk?
3. Female friend with some jealousy issues that ML was unaware of
4. Male friend who wants more than friendship
5. A new “secret” relationship that she was embarrassed to tell friends about (male - could be married or living a lifestyle her family & friends wouldn’t approve of... OR female - could be romantic... or could be someone that she met thru one of her group chats that she built trust with, but they were really trying to lure her into something more sinister)
6. Someone (male or female) she had something urgent to discuss, give, get, etc. - given the late hour and upcoming midterms

What are your ideas? Who else could she have met?
7. A new boyfriend that she was building a relationship with, but not ready to introduce to friends/family or go public with. Maybe she didn't like people asking, "How's the new boyfriend?" before they had some time in and were going strong. MOO

I wonder if she is the one who wanted to meet someone, and be picked up at the Park ?.....moo
Yes I’m thinking this too many seem to be considering the lateness but this is not a big deal according to those young women I’ve been speaking with - they think nothing of going to the gym at midnight showering at 1:30 am and heading out to meet a friend at 2am - I never knew this was not a big deal until I mentioned it so I’m discounting the lateness and just focusing on why this meeting went bad - and the outcome is not looking good IMO

Wow...o_O

Ladd Egan on Twitter
The spokesperson for the North Salt Lake Police Dept. said it's unclear if the surveillance cameras at the park were ever operational. Even though numerous signs say the area is being videotaped. Sure would have helped in this case @KSLcom @kslnewsradio @KSL5TV #missingperson
D93TfuIU8AARwji.jpg

That is incredibly unfortunate. They had better get creative with surrounding businesses and residences to see if they can find any camera footage in the general vicinity.

Upstream, a poster indicated helicopters supposedly were searching the area where ML was last seen.

Any updates on this?
The helicopter over Hatch Park was the KSL News helicopter getting footage of what the park looked like for their 6pm broadcast. Didn't appear to be attempting any sort of arial search of the area.

Wow...o_O

Ladd Egan on Twitter
D93TfuIU8AARwji.jpg

Incredible! Someone thought that signs would be enough to deter criminal activity? Irresponsible, to say the least, since people might rely on real video surveillance when deciding to meet at the park.

I keep going back to the park drop off and pick up. It makes total sense that the person who picked her up, especially if he/she had foul play on their mind to want to have ML be dropped off at a place that is not tied to him, or near him. What doesn't add up, is why not have her get dropped off at the apartments across the street, or a 24 hour Walgreens, 24 hour fast food. Meaning somewhere she can get out of the Lyft and walk into somewhere public. Why go through the trouble of having her dropped at a park where the Lyft driver could see your vehicle?? And where were they going to go together? The park does not seem like a place to hook up, too public. Were they just going to drive around? If so, why not just pick her up at the airport...If she was reaching out because she was stressed/grieving and the other person wanted to help her destress why not get her a hotel room (thinking not take her home because the person is married or whatever), she could have taken the Lyft to the hotel. The park just makes no sense.

Hi guys, 27/m from Boston here following this case.

I checked out her Instagram and there was a post from a guy saying that he "remembered matching her" about a year ago and was hoping for the best.

To me, this says she is on dating apps like Tinder, Bumble, or one of the other less known ones like OkCupid, Hinge, POF, or Coffee Meets Bagel.

Almost every women I've ever dated has told me about a bad experience with meeting a guy on these apps. I would 100% say these should be the main focus on the investigation, not the Lyft driver or meeting someone on the airplane. The problem is if you "unmatch" someone, all conversation is lost and there is no trace or history to look back on, so LE would need to work with the company which it might be possible that they don't even have info anymore.

I can only imagine that at 3am in the morning after a long flight its easy to make a poor decision based on tiredness, desires, feelings, or what have you.

Just my 2 cents. Thoughts and prayers from Boston.

Welcome to WS @thedougster -

Thanks for the mechanics on the dating aps -- good to know.

Other than the late hour, LAX to SLC is hardly a long flight - barely two hours.

MOO

I think a possible pregnancy has been a component in many cases and is for SURE a motive. One I can remember is Susan Smith. She was working as an informant with the FBI and an agent got her pregnant and then strangled her (1990). He had a wife who was none the wiser till he confessed. **IIRC**

MOO

Whoa, that is crazy! ML is so beautiful and smart so I’m sure men were happy to date her. If someone had a wife she may not have even known that. But it’s possible that person wanted to get rid of her to hide the pregnancy.

She may have been the one wanting to meet up with him, because she felt an urgent need to discuss this in person, which would explain why she took a ride share and why he didn’t go to get her. Maybe he was annoyed and was like fine but I’m not going far from home.

MOO: If she is pregnant and was killed for that, I pray she was far enough along for an autopsy to show it, and I pray her body is found before the evidence of that goes away, so that the Prosecutor can show motive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname