Australia Australia - Lynette Dawson, 34, Sydney, Jan 1982 *Arrest* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
They said they didn't know she was missing. It seems they can't have known her very well. And if that's the case, why approach her?

I didn't pick that up about Chris--was he in the same hospital room?
And yet, if they didn’t know Lyn that well how could they be sure that the woman was her unless they actually spoke to her and she confirmed her identity? As I said, I really doubt these types of sightings.

I’ll have to listen to the video again to decide whether or not I think Chris was in the same hospital room as the neighbours and the woman they claim was Lyn.

ETA: Yes, as far as I can work out, the neighbours state they saw Lyn in Chris Dawson’s room at the hospital.

Last edited:
And yet, if they didn’t know Lyn that well how could they be sure that the woman was her unless they actually spoke to her and she confirmed her identity? As I said, I really doubt these types of sightings.

I’ll have to listen to the video again to decide whether or not I think he was in the same hospital room as the neighbours and the woman they claim was Lyn.

ETA: Yes, as far as I can work out, the neighbours state they saw Lyn in Chris Dawson’s room at the hospital.
Listening again. The couple were neighbours at the time of the Dawsons and the husband (of the couple, not Chris) was in hospital for a medical procedure and Lyn walked into the room. I don't think Chris was there.

Edit: originally I thought it said that the couple were neighbours of somebody's daughter, that's why I thought they didn't know them well. But didn't know she was missing? Not a close relationship, anyway. Perhaps they knew Paul and Marilyn.

Last edited:
Listening again. The couple were neighbours at the time of the Dawsons and the husband (of the couple, not Chris) was in hospital for a medical procedure and Lyn walked into the room. I don't think Chris was there.
Ohhhhhhh *cleans out ears* Thanks for that JLZ x

well no wonder the police dizzed it to begin with.
lyn had been missing 2 YEARS and for one, these people didn't know she was missing and after at a minimum of 2 years (for all we know they may have not seen her for 2 YEARS before that)....…….how could this recollection remotely be plausible?

oh look
there is a nurse....
oh look there is a blonde nurse.....
our neighbour lyn is a nurse.....and shes blonde!

just like 50%of every other nurse in the country.

seriously are the police really putting resources into this?:confused:

synical sally here is just sick of stalling!!!:mad:

imo

well no wonder the police dizzed it to begin with.
lyn had been missing 2 YEARS and for one, these people didn't know she was missing and after at a minimum of 2 years (for all we know they may have not seen her for 2 YEARS before that)....…….how could this recollection remotely be plausible?

oh look
there is a nurse....
oh look there is a blonde nurse.....
our neighbour lyn is a nurse.....and shes blonde!

just like 50%of every other nurse in the country.

seriously are the police really putting resources into this?:confused:

synical sally here is just sick of stalling!!!:mad:

imo
I couldn't make out how long after the incident they reported it. If it was soon after, and if the Lyn character had been in a nurse's uniform, it should have been easy enough for the police to check who was working the ward at the time, go and see anyone who physically matched and establish that she wasn't Lyn, whatever name she was using. I don't know why the couple would expect the police to get back to them about it. Unless they left a cryptic message "WE KNOW WHERE LYN DAWSON IS" and their telephone number, and police ignored the bait and wrote them off as crazies.

Pedestrian TV: Cops Are Investigating Elderly Couple's Claim They Spotted Lyn Dawson In 1984. https://www.pedestrian.tv/news/elderly-couple-lyn-dawson-sighting/
Let's hope this reporter has good hearing:)

Channel Seven reporter Chris Reason read from the police statements of two “highly credible” witnesses, each now aged 73, the Dawsons’ former neighbours, who say they spotted Lyn at the Rock Castle Private Hospital – now South Pacific Private in Curl Curl – in 1984.

Curl Curl? She didn't run that far away, did she? There must be some more former neighbours, friends, colleagues, who would have run into her in 1984. I can't wait...

I couldn't make out how long after the incident they reported it. If it was soon after, and if the Lyn character had been in a nurse's uniform, it should have been easy enough for the police to check who was working the ward at the time, go and see anyone who physically matched and establish that she wasn't Lyn, whatever name she was using. I don't know why the couple would expect the police to get back to them about it. Unless they left a cryptic message "WE KNOW WHERE LYN DAWSON IS" and their telephone number, and police ignored the bait and wrote them off as crazies.

Yes, easily checked.
Staff carry ID (even back then) and there are records +++.
There would be so many photos of staff, in their books.
What about questioning, the ward officer etc?
Just another 'rabbit hole' to have people wondering.o_Oo_Oo_O
MOO.

I saw some very strange things when I was "recovering from a medical procedure" (gastroscopy) coming out of the anaesthetic.

My ex thought the hospital staff were conspiring to kill him when he was on a certain medication in the hospital, after surgery. Called me in the middle of the night telling me to come and get him out of the hospital.
He wasn't typically delusional, but the meds somehow affected him.
They changed his meds and all was okay.

Perhaps the defence lawyer showed Channel 7 some papers to read from?

Then feigned fury when "finding out"?

:Do_O

If that's the case, the defence counsel is really pushing the sub judice boundary. First, speaking of evidence on the court steps after the not guilty plea was entered ... and now perhaps leaking unconfirmed-by-police/DPP evidence to the media.

Steps taken to taint a potential jury?
And will he be called into judge's chambers to 'discuss' the matter?

Thanks South!

Was just about to do that. Ok here is the title

Lyn Dawson vanished in 1982. A 'highly credible' couple claim to have seen her 2 years later.

Dated June 26

Some interesting info in the article.

The second link is the one I first saw,

Thanks South!

Was just about to do that. Ok here is the title

Lyn Dawson vanished in 1982. A 'highly credible' couple claim to have seen her 2 years later.

Dated June 26

Some interesting info in the article.

The second link is the one I first saw,

Thanks. I am not sure why that publication is not allowed here. Maybe because it is an independent publication. It certainly provides the same type of info as MSM and frequently references MSM articles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993