Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Confused here. She assaulted someone and had stolen property in her possession?

No.

An assault happened. We have NO idea to what degree (I’m not sure of Utah laws, but assault can mean a very wide range of things in my state/most states.) and we have NO clue if she was the Vic or perp.

She was returned property. Found property of hers was returned to her.

The AC stated “not linked” about all three interactions.

Also- let’s not run with videoing in Ride shares: yes it is legal in SOME states, including Utah. Not all states. It doesn’t matter here, this driver hasn’t appeared to have video so no point in entering that discussion. It’s not part of this current case.

MOO.

I think she looks nice and casual.
Disappointing no vehicle description or even sex of person she met in the park.
Chi

D97rAHLU0AANYdO.jpg

D97rAHJUcAEuAKr.jpg

D97rAHKUEAADRq6.jpg

D97rAHNU0AY6Nbj.jpg

1:59 PM - 25 Jun 2019 from Salt Lake City, UT[/QUOTE]
RSBM

Hard to tell if the vehicle is parked front to the parking barriers, and it's dark out. Would be impossible to see the driver.

Person obviously isn't coming forward and didn't want to be seen, imo. They most likely were sitting in the dark and had the interior lights off too. For all we know it really doesn't even matter what they were driving, it could have been a rental car and an out of town visitor. I'm not hopeful that the phone records are going to help either. I suspect she or the person had a burner. Looking more and more like this was planned to me.

I can only imagine that the Lueck family is reeling and completely overwhelmed right now. These parents have recently buried a mother or father, their daughter is missing, social media is playing the 'dating sites' angle to the max. They are unprepared to speak publicly at this point and I don't blame them.

I'm sure they're making their way to SLC to get a better grip on the situation asap.

You think her sorority sisters are hiding information?

It’s a scary situation for all. But we haven’t really gotten too much on her personal life from them or the friend who did the interview. possible drug habits?, bad exes,? who she hangs out with? Does she party a lot? Sorority’s are like family’s. If anyone knows her and her personality it’s them.

He said she picked up the found property in January 2019. I assumed that meant it was hers?

Thank you. I still don’t think this is pertinent info for a PC of this nature, even though they said they’d respond to the question. Idk, maybe it’s just me.

I hope that there is at least one friend she had confided in about who/how/when she meets the people she is dating. The friend may not know who ML met that night, but hopefully the friend would know which apps she used, and if she had a second phone.

The police don't sound like they've been able to gather anything significant from her social media accounts so far.

If I were a driver here is how this would go:

Drop off ML, she’s excited to be meeting someone, maybe even skip walks to their car with a big smile, I think to myself “wow she’s so happy to see that person.” Carry in my way.

DAYS later when interviewed this is what I recall. She was happy and excited to see the person who I never saw and whom’s car I didn’t really focus on. Eye witnesses are super flawed and unreliable. I still say it’s good that the driver stated they weren’t sure instead of trying to guess. I bet the picking up car driver didn’t get out of the vehicle.

IMO but again based on professional experience. Witnesses are very flawed, human recall SUCKS. I bet most of us can’t recall the person who we bought coffee from this morning, let alone a ride in the middle of the night that at the time was one of many normal seeming rides.
That’s true, I can see where the Lyft driver may not have seen the actual driver but I would think they would have seen the car.

Exactly my thought! Supposedly the Lyft driver said KM was happy to see whoever picked her up...that would imply that the driver say the interaction between the two. You’d think Lyft driver would have a clue..

Or she simply told the driver she was looking forward to seeing this person, as in casual conversation on the way to the park.

I can only imagine that the Lueck family is reeling and completely overwhelmed right now. These parents have recently buried a mother or father, their daughter is missing, social media is playing the 'dating sites' angle to the max. They are unprepared to speak publicly at this point and I don't blame them.

I'm sure they're making their way to SLC to get a better grip on the situation asap.

Her BFF said her dad is supposed to come to Utah sometime this week

The driver needs to be fully investigated. Who knows, the driver could’ve brought her to a drop off spot (park) where another car took her? *Just speculation* It’s weird, tho. The cameras at the park conveniently don’t work, her phone goes dead immediately...?
According to LE the driver has been cleared.

But yet the driver said she appeared happy to see the driver, so he did see some interaction.

I don't know what the driver actually said. Do we have a precise quote? You may be assuming too much. She could have been happy or excited in the car when the driver pulled up and the car of the person she was meeting was there.

Police: Search for U of U student, now missing for 9 days, is a top priority
[...]

Police spokesman Tim Doubt said they have video of her getting off the plane from multiple angles from the time she left the airplane to the time she took a Lyft to Hatch Park. It was there she got into a car with someone, thought police did not indicate they know the identity of that person.

[...]

Doubt said there are several lingering questions for police such as: Who is the person they met in a park? Does Lueck have another phone? Are there social media accounts police don't know about?

Police said investigators are working on the case around the clock and she remains a high priority. The FBI has also been contacted about her missing status.

[...]

The family also read a statement through spokeswoman JC, a friend of Lueck.

She said because there is widespread media coverage regarding her disappearance, the family's official media representatives are the Salt Lake City Police Department. JC read the statement and didn't take any questions. Police said Cawley was in close contact with the family.

[...]

Police said Lueck had three prior interactions with police, including a moving violation, an assault and found property in January. All of those cases were resolved and are not expected to be related to her disappearance.

[...]

Police mentioned social media accounts and reporters at the press conference but told reporters there is no indication of further social media but said it was simply part of the widespread investigation.

[...]

Detectives are working to identify the car and person Lueck met at Hatch Park. Doubt says they don't know who the person is.

[...]

I am unable to research it myself atm; could you please summarize what "found property" means? Like turning in a lost wallet you find on the street? TIA!
Exactly that kind of thing. But what we don't know is if she found someone else's property or if someone found her property.

Regardless, the Assistant Chief had said that they don't think any of those contacts with her have any connection to what is going on now.

Confused here. She assaulted someone and had stolen property in her possession?

My impression is that she lost something valuable enough to go to the police about, and then reclaimed it. (My first impression was that she found something valuable and went to the police about it, but I think I was wrong.)

The assault—not clear what happened. No particular reason to believe she was the assaulter—she could have been the assault victim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member