Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what the driver actually said. Do we have a precise quote? You may be assuming too much. She could have been happy or excited in the car when the driver pulled up and the car of the person she was meeting was there.
I'm now wondering if reporters and twitter reporters are putting words in LE mouth - we have seen this over and over in other cases. We can only go back and look at the actual LE statements or press conferences to get to what was actually said - it's a game of telephone otherwise. IMO

KUTV 2News‏Verified account @KUTV2News
SLCPD said police have had three contacts with Lueck; In 2015 for moving violation, an assault a year ago and found property 6 months ago. All cases are resolved and not related to her being missing, Doubt said.

Doubt says Lueck arrived at the SLC Int'l airport at 2:09 a.m. and got into a Lyft at 2:40 a.m.

Since the tip line opened yesterday, police have received more than 125 tips. Tip line is still open with officers taking calls at 801-799-4420

He said she was wearing a small black backpack.
bumping post : SLCPD said police have had three contacts with Lueck; In 2015 for moving violation, an assault a year ago and found property 6 months ago. All cases are resolved and not related to her being missing, Doubt said.

SLC Police Dept.‏Verified account @slcpd
Pictures of Mackenzie Lueck at the Salt Lake City International airport on June 17, 2019. #missingperson #mackenzielueck

D97rAHLU0AANYdO.jpg

D97rAHJUcAEuAKr.jpg

D97rAHKUEAADRq6.jpg

D97rAHNU0AY6Nbj.jpg

12:59 PM - 25 Jun 2019 from Salt Lake City, UT
All that airport footage and they only release 4 stills?

What are your thoughts on this picture? It almost appears she’s talking to someone, maybe someone out of view or on earpiece? That hand in chest/heart with a slight smile would be something I do when happy and surprised? Thoughts?
I think her hand was in motion. Maybe she was straightening her necklace, adjusting her shirt, scratching an itch. I dunno. MOO

SLC Police Dept.‏Verified account @slcpd
Pictures of Mackenzie Lueck at the Salt Lake City International airport on June 17, 2019. #missingperson #mackenzielueck

D97rAHLU0AANYdO.jpg

D97rAHJUcAEuAKr.jpg

D97rAHKUEAADRq6.jpg

D97rAHNU0AY6Nbj.jpg

12:59 PM - 25 Jun 2019 from Salt Lake City, UT

Seeing her photos at the airport makes her disappearance all the more baffling IMO. She doesn't look like she is going to meet up with a date to me at all. She looks like a college student who just got off a red eye flight and can't wait to get home to sleep. He nose is all red and her hair is casually put up in a ponytail/bun. It seems that she did NOT just refresh her make-up before leaving the airport and did not take any time to do her hair. Nor did she change her clothes. Where could she have been heading at 3 AM? This is so strange and confusing. MOO.

Exactly that kind of thing. But what we don't know is if she found someone else's property or if someone found her property.

Regardless, the Assistant Chief had said that they don't think any of those contacts with her have any connection to what is going on now.
The chief said the property was returned to her (Kenzie)

It’s a scary situation for all. But we haven’t really gotten too much on her personal life from them or the friend who did the interview. possible drug habits?, bad exes,? who she hangs out with? Does she party a lot? Sorority’s are like family’s. If anyone knows her and her personality it’s them.
I was in a college sorority and if my 'sister' went missing, I surely would not be giving interviews and details about her entire personal life. If there was something serious that LE should know I would share it with them directly verses announcing it on social media or in the press.

JMO

This mod note is ALSO still in effect. I think questioning whether her friends and sorority sisters are hiding something falls under this category. I wish with all my being that Kenzie had shared something with myself that I could share with LE that would bring her home. I wish with all my being that she did this with one of her other friends. Because I know friends of hers who care would not put some potential embarrassment in front of potentially saving a life. Please don't accuse these people who are desperate and hurting of doing something to prevent her from coming home.
I definitely don’t think her friends are hiding things, at least not from LE. Maybe they have shared things with LE that they have not shared publicly. As it should be. I often feel like friends and family are so close to a person that they don’t realize little things could help a lot. They just see it as that’s how the person was. Sort of like how you don’t notice your child growing every day but people who haven’t seen them in months do. Idk if that makes sense. Her friends deserve so much credit for bringing awareness to her case. They are truly her sisters and my heart hurts for them too.

That’s strange that they don’t know if the person she was dropped off to is male or female and car description...I bet they know but can’t say yet. They must have an idea from the Lyft driver!
It was dark. with the way some folks dress today, it's not always easy to see if it's a male or a female.

I don't find it strange and honestly don't believe LE knows. It's better for them to not put out mixed memory recollection. That only causes confusion in the case.

The Lyft driver was probably not very observant when they dropped her off at the park. They had no idea several days later they would be asked to recall any detail about missing ML and the person and vehicle description of the car that picked her up.

Exactly. Lyft driver drops her off at 3 am Monday morning and she’s not reported missing until Thursday afternoon? No telling how long it took police to find out she called Lyft, then find the driver. If this driver had a lot of rides in between, I’m sure his memory would be hazy.

Or could the police have said that to make someone feel more relaxed?

Last edited:
Just to clarify. IMO MacKenzie looks casual but possibly tired.
She'd been to a family funeral.
Maybe she just wanted to meet with a good friend to wind down instead of going back to her home.
It may be as simple as that.
What happened after that, I don't think anyone knows.
Especially anyone making claims that they DO know, because if they actually did, SLCPD would know too.
Jmho and that's why rumor-mills aren't reliable.
I'm so worried about her,
Chi

Exactly that kind of thing. But what we don't know is if she found someone else's property or if someone found her property.

Regardless, the Assistant Chief had said that they don't think any of those contacts with her have any connection to what is going on now.

They should have just left that out, I see no relevance in a moving violation from 2015 or whatever they mentioned. They can just say she has no criminal history or whatever. Seems like a waste of airtime, moo.

I believe the solution to everything is in her iPhone - records that, apparently, cannot be gathered without many warrants which takes a long time to obtain.

The only other alternative is using a burner phone, which to me says she does not want to be found.

She obviously texted or called or messaged someone to meet there at that time, because someone was waiting for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname