Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if Mackenzie was in trouble... Maybe got mixed up with the wrong people?
Maybe a work situation that she cannot handle?
Could she have bolted to Canada that Sunday night?
This would explain the oversized suitcase.
maybe it's her only suitcase. more space = more shoes and more outfit options. and space for purchases should a shopping excursion present itself. JMO

JMO
The one reason why I am not thinking drugs involved is most meetings for any exchanges at 3 AM a local park is about the worst choice for a dealer. LE patrols parks regularly and dealers usually know this and would avoid a park meeting at 3AM with drugs on board.
Yes.

I think it's a bit like any victim, like Mollie Tibbetts or Jessica Ridgeway's mother. When there is zero evidence that the victim used drugs, I think it's more fantasy than sleuthing to discuss drugs. Just my opinion, of course.

If the answer to this question is no, then I don't understand the discussion:
Is there any evidence that Kenzie used drugs, legal or illegal, irresponsibly?​

doubtful IMO...why would she miss her other booked flight back to LA. IMO, if she was planning to run away to Canada, she never would have booked that flight in the first place (or left her cats at home).
Maybe this situation arose after she had booked that flight.
Perhaps it was something she thought she could handle; until she couldn't

Saw that subreddit a few days ago and didn’t put much thought into it. From what I recall, the user said that LE who showed up said ML’s phone had pinged there. How would they know that when they only just recently got the warrants?

I know if police have a sense someone is in danger, they can ping their phone without a warrant. My friend was recently worried about her father, and that he might be suicidal. Assuming he might be in danger, they immediately pinged his phone. If it's turned off, I believe it would show them where the phone was last at when it was turned off. So if it did indeed ping there, I think that would mean that's where it was shut off.

I have wondered about this myself.

It would be great if a local who has the lyft app could try an experiment and see if you can enter "hatch park" as your destination.
Anyone with the lyft app can do this. You can enter start location as SLC Airport, and end location hatch park. Hatch Park autofills as West Center Street, North Salt Lake, UT.

However, you can also just drag the pin to where you want your dropoff location.

My SO drives for Lyft. We were just talking about how much it must suck to be that driver! I bet he's wishing he never accepted that rider at the airport! The guy could just be driving to make extra cash, working late or even got up early before a 1st shift job. My SO says he isn't at all surprised the driver doesn't recall much about the other vehicle/driver. He said he's in a "zone" just going through the motions, loading bags, drive to destination, unload bags, watching for alerts for the next rider, then while waiting for the rider to gather their things, get out of the car, shut the door and step away, he said he's usually looking at his phone to accept the next rider, enter pick up location for gps directions, check out the requested route/stops, where he's dropping off them off at etc. He's not looking around taking in the scenery. It's not unlikely the Lyft driver was already driving away/gone before KM even got into the waiting vehicle. He said she made contact with the another vehicle and we've heard multiple variations of she was happy to see the other person. That could mean she walked up to the driver window 1st to say "Hi!" before getting in, that she was waiting by the trunk for the driver to pop it open, or that she opened the passenger side door of the car, we don't know what contact means. It could even mean she waived as she got out and the person in the other vehicle waived out the window. We don't know how far from the vehicle picking her up she had the Lyft driver stop. She could've said "Oh good! There they are...you can just stop here..." Who knows how much or what part of the vehicle was visable to the Lyft driver. Getting rides from Uber/Lyft drivers isn't like when your friend drops you off and waits until they know you made it safely inside your house or insures that you and your luggage make it into the car of the person you just said you were looking forward to meeting. They drop off, door shuts, and they drive away already thinking about the next fair.

*He also said he's installing cameras in his vehicle ASAP.
Does your SO travel with a phone dedicated for Lyft and another phone for private, personal use?

maybe it's her only suitcase. more space = more shoes and more outfit options. and space for purchases should a shopping excursion present itself. JMO

Agree. I used to be the kind of person who always over-packed because I liked having different outfits to choose from...would always back swimwear, gym clothes, etc. If I was staying in a hotel + if you're a girl you have to tote make-up, hair tools, etc.

IMO its not unusual for her to pack a larger bag. Many women do.

Yes.

I think it's a bit like any victim, like Mollie Tibbetts or Jessica Ridgeway's mother. When there is zero evidence that the victim used drugs, I think it's more fantasy than sleuthing to discuss drugs. Just my opinion, of course.

If the answer to this question is no, then I don't understand the discussion:
Is there any evidence that Kenzie used drugs, legal or illegal, irresponsibly?​

The only thing I've seen mentioned is Aderall, which is quite common among college students but it's still illegal to possess without a Rx

That was an oversized suitcase, for a two day trip.
Suitcase and all, ML heads straight from airport to a park, at 3 am.
Just saying.

Did she pack more things from home to finish school and work? Does anyone know how long she planned to stay in SLC, did she plan to work somewhere else?

Bringing this forward from page one:

"NOTE

The next member who refers to prostitution or "Johns" is going on a long TO or will be banned. Since quite a few members cannot follow simple rules and have now created a huge mess for the moderators to clean up, effective immediately, there is to be no more sugar daddy/sugar baby/sugar lifestyle talk.

Unless and until LE tells us that the sugar lifestyle has anything to do with Kenzie's disappearance, it's off limits for discussion.

liltexans, Yesterday at 9:53 PMReport
#13Unlike+ QuoteReply"

So glad they have approved warrants to search her phone/social media. This is going to get the ball rolling on who MP (Mystery Person) is. Hopefully they check every app on her phone for info. Some picture saving apps can be disguised as "Calculator App", for example. I think they will find the most info in her social media, dating apps, etc.
Hope this leads to answers sooner rather than later.

I have wondered about this myself.

It would be great if a local who has the lyft app could try an experiment and see if you can enter "hatch park" as your destination.

Not a local, but yeah in Uber or Lyft you can type in the name of a location, store, etc and it will auto complete it.

Attachments

• 5702A16E-E3B3-4133-9D3C-3EDB810A9007.png
    5702A16E-E3B3-4133-9D3C-3EDB810A9007.png
    230.9 KB · Views: 17
Saw that subreddit a few days ago and didn’t put much thought into it. From what I recall, the user said that LE who showed up said ML’s phone had pinged there. How would they know that when they only just recently got the warrants?
And now you know why Reddit is not an approved source/link for info on WS. ;)

So glad they have approved warrants to search her phone/social media. This is going to get the ball rolling on who MP (Mystery Person) is. Hopefully they check every app on her phone for info. Some picture saving apps can be disguised as "Calculator App", for example. I think they will find the most info in her social media, dating apps, etc.
Hope this leads to answers sooner rather than later.
They don’t have her phone, so that will limit them a little bit.

It shouldn’t matter though, as they can still get her phone records, which will show phone numbers she has texted or called.

Combined with social media and dating apps, they should be in good shape to bring this to a conclusion.

Agree. I used to be the kind of person who always over-packed because I liked having different outfits to choose from...would always back swimwear, gym clothes, etc. If I was staying in a hotel + if you're a girl you have to tote make-up, hair tools, etc.

IMO its not unusual for her to pack a larger bag. Many women do.
She may also have planned on bringing extra stuff from home in El Segundo.

Why is that "logical"?
We know that Kenzie, at some point, participated in websites where you meet up with people you don't know.
How would it be any different to meet up with someone from LA?

Because it is odd that she would meet someone she just met in CA at a park in Utah right after her flight home after grandma died. None of it makes sense to me.

1. How did the person get there before her?
2. Wouldn't she find it strange that someone she just met followed her all the way to Utah? Why would she agree to meet someone she just met who stalked her to Utah, in a deserted park in the middle of the night? That's not open-minded. It's weird.
3. Her grandmother just died and she just attended the funeral and had a delayed flight. Most people wouldn't go out of their way to immediately hook up with someone they just met under those conditions. They'd prefer a shower first. Especially if they've been through some stuff and also because people typically want to look good and feel fresh for someone they just met.

Participating in websites where you meet people you don't know is a different kind of thing. Either it's for dating purposes (and then all of the above would apply, especially the fact that most people on dating sites don't meet their dates in deserted parks in the middle of the night. They meet in public places like bars, coffee shops and restaurants.), or it's for professional purposes.

If a woman like ML met a man for a professional purpose, hypothetically, meeting at a random park in the middle of the night is not how it's done. Not for women of her caliber.

Women like her - beautiful, blonde, young, not a druggie, middle class family, in school- would be considered at the high class end. They typically meet at hotels or nice restaurants. They also either often vet their clients beforehand, sometimes even with serious background checks, or they have drivers or a colleague who knows where they are, who they're meeting and when.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member