Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may be reading too far into this, but is there anywhere that confirmed the FBI is involved? During the PC, the individual stated, "We have contacted the FBI"

Last night local news station KUTV2 reported that the FBI had joined the search for ML and that the SLCPD were happy about having their help. I haven't seen anything else yet. @PommyMommy might have a link?

Other scenario questions:

1) What was ML state of mind during CA trip - was there any type of discussion or argument with parents? Did they notice anything or discuss anything with her that raised red flags or was it a normal, albeit sad due to funeral, visit?

2) Do ML’s roommates say if she is usually gone overnight?

3) Have ML’s friends noticed any expensive or luxury items suddenly appearing? Her airport handbag looks expensive and I know she wears a Tiffany necklace, but roommates notice new things!

JMO but it hasn’t been confirmed she did meet a man, what if an angry wife/girlfriend found their messages and asked to meet up urgently pretending to be the SD. It wouldn’t be the first time a disgruntled spouse has made the ‘other woman’ disappear...

The question there is—what did the Lyft driver actually see? If he saw her happily recognizing a familiar car, and he drove away without seeing the actual meeting, okay.

But I can’t visualize someone planning to meet a man, and taking in stride the substitution of the man’s significant other. Although this might make sense if she thought she was in a ménage a trois that the other woman was happy with—and the other woman was in fact very unhappy with the situation.

She must have changed though because they were saying she was wearing a white tshirt with a peace symbol on it which is not what the airport pics show. Also, she could have taken 5 minutes in the bathroom or car to quick put some makeup/lip stick on.

The peace shirt could have been under her sweater. Airplanes can get cold, you know. And if she wanted to freshen up, you know she had some other options inside that rolling luggage that would have been a little fancier than yoga pants and flip flops. Just sayin...

Question for anyone local, as I haven’t seen any mention of search parties orchestrated by LE. I know her sorority sisters have posted signs etc but I’m really surprised LE hasn’t begun canvassing the area with dogs, etc. Regardless of lack of evidence, this seems to be SOP after day 5’ish. There was hearsay of LE knocking on doors at an apartment complex near the park but that’s the only thing I’ve heard.

If you’re local, have you noticed or heard of police presence in a “searching” capacity. It may be a waste of time but if this were my daughter, sister, friend, I would be physically searching. Why isn’t anyone? I totally respect allowing LE to do their job and to not impede but I would HAVE to do something!

Agree...I don't even know ML personally and have thought about going up near the canyons, lakes, etc. near that area to look. I too am surprised that non of her friends are more concerned.

I may be reading too far into this, but is there anywhere that confirmed the FBI is involved? During the PC, the individual stated, "We have contacted the FBI"

FBI always provides assistance when requested. I don't think I've ever heard of them turning anyone down. Has anyone ever heard of FBI not assisting when asked?

<modsnipped quoted post>

My friends who were SB’s in college had contracts that stipulated the agreement. Usually it was a non-sexual sleep over where the most that happened was cuddling and then she slept in a guest room or on the couch.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was reading something unrelated to this case, where a former FBI agent was being interviewed. He was asked what shifts in a case for the police to get involved. He explained that the FBI isn’t called in for more man power or for boots on the ground searching, that the FBI is called in when forensic help is needed — “when science comes into play that’s when the FBI is called because most state police depts don’t have those capabilities.”
FBI is also called in if there is a crime that crosses state lines or anytime the local department feels they need FBI assistance.

<modsnipped quoted post>

I don’t think anyone has disagreed with this, but it is not a sex ONLY relationship. That’s been the point. Sex is not the ONLY motivation for these types of relationships.

Edited for a typo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree...I don't even know ML personally and have thought about going up near the canyons, lakes, etc. near that area to look. I too am surprised that non of her friends are more concerned.

I'm confused as to why there's a perception that her friends aren't concerned? Many of us have organized off SM to put up fliers and look for her. Different circles of friends communicate on a daily basis. When this case first started up, there was little to NO media coverage. Friends and family spent the first few days constantly reaching out to media, reporters, radio, etc. getting her story out there. We've been working and helping with this non-stop. So I'm not sure that perception is correct. And is potentially offensive to those of us that haven't slept in 10 days and are working around the clock to try to get her home.

The peace shirt could have been under her sweater. Airplanes can get cold, you know. And if she wanted to freshen up, you know she had some other options inside that rolling luggage that would have been a little fancier than yoga pants and flip flops. Just sayin...
Until we see video or pics of her getting in the Lyft car we just don't know if she was wearing the same thing or not.

A couple of thoughts this morning.

1. I initially thought that it was odd that her parents had not gone to SLC. Now, I don't really think it's odd. Maybe LE told them to stay as there was really nothing they could do. There are no searches to be present at or help organize because no one even knows where to search. It is clear to me (maybe not others), but wherever ML is, she's not in the park. She is lone gone from there so where do you start? What's the point of her parents being there? What are they going to do? I'm not second guessing this anymore.

2. Occam's Razor. What is the most simple explanation of what happened without all the sensationalism of whatever type of relationships ML preferred? To me, a date went bad. Probably very bad. The last person to see ML was the driver of the other vehicle. He/She has not come forward therefore that puts that person front and center in the disappearance. That person is most likely involved and responsible. The why's and the how's will hopefully be answered somehow at sometime I hope but right now we are going to have to wait.

3. ML's phone and social media information will lead LE where they need to go. Until LE has all that information, they won't be knocking on doors or doing searches. They desperately need the digital and cellular information to move forward unless friends and/or family know more than what is being reported and are helping LE fill in the gaps. BTW, I believe they do know more about ML's behaviour and relationships, quirks, etc.

At his juncture, it's all about social media and cell phone info unless a really good tip comes rolling in.

MOO

ITA. All of this! This is exactly how I fell and you expressed my thoughts better than I could have.

After all the tantalizing details, which IMO, is nothing but a distraction. This is basically a case of a woman who walked into a bad situation.

And really, what can the parents do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member