Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Websleuths, @pheonyx! Thanks for your insight. :)
Thanks! I've been lurking for quite awhile now, and it's not often that I have any insight to give. You guys are WAY faster than me at finding information! For once though, I can relate to the victim. Young women are judged so harshly sometimes for them just being full humans. MOO - her sexuality has very little, if anything, to do with her being missing. It might be the way she met the person initially in the park, but it doesn't take away from the fact that she is MISSING. I hope to God that if I go missing, they don't focus on what I do in my bedroom or someone else's. I want them to FIND me!

Also, as a woman not too far out of her age group, I would absolutely have taken a Lyft from the airport and refused to let someone pick me up. It was super late, flights get delayed (as hers did) and the rideshare companies have designated waiting areas. You can hop off the plane, grab your luggage, call a car, and be out much faster and easier than having an individual pick you up. I've been picked up at the airport exactly once since ridesharing became a thing, and it was only because a friend wouldn't stop asking to pick me up. I'm independent, comfortable in airports, and use Lyft every time I travel without my car. It's safe & easy 99.99% of the time, and it's super convenient.

One last thing, hardly any of my friends use their phones for texting/calling directly. We use apps constantly. My sister and I communicate exclusively through Snapchat or IG. If you looked at my phone records, you'd think I haven't spoken to her in a year! The warrants for social media accounts will be the big break here, if there is one. Hoping for something to come from those soon!

Can I beg and plead with the people of this thread to please keep the focus on information that is actually helpful in finding Kenzie. We have covered time and time and time again that she has interest in the SD/SB lifestyle, she has participated in it, she has a private instagram and #CHD in her bio, she has dating profiles and SD/SB profiles, and was involved in certain FB groups. I knew this. I have seen this. The family spokesperson has remarked that her family does not care about what she was into, if she git mixed up in something, or frankly anyone's opinions on the matter. The fact is, Kenzie is an amazing young woman, who deserves some respect while her private life gets blasted all over the internet.

I am trying to preserve some dignity here for my friend. We have covered that her dating choices, preferences, and lifestyle may be risky - multiple times. The person involved in this case could just as well be a co-worker, a neighbor, a friend, a college friend, an ex, a current love interest. But reading this thread one would think the only possibility is a SD. While I don't rule that out, I think we have more than covered it here. If you would like to debate the SD/SB lifestyle and whether or not you think it's common, uncommon, normal, not normal, risky, reckless, what have you please I ask you do this somewhere else.

This forum has the potential to be extremely beneficial to helping find Kenzie. And there are many people who contribute who I feel are helping that. But I believe all this SD/SD, risky, not risky, discussion is taking away from the true fact of the matter. My friend is missing.
Well said!! I agree 100%

I totally do. Maybe a person she's been chatting with and texting, maybe even spoke on the phone. But I do think this was the first meeting. She got into the car and discovered this was not who she thought she was meeting. All speculation, all IMO, but I have a really sick feeling about the person she went to meet.

That was not my definition of a "stranger." If she met him online and has been chatting with him, that's not a stranger like a random nutjob in the park trolling for victims.

MOD NOTE

STOP debating whether SD/SB relationships involve some sex, only involve sex, or never involve sex. Good grief, we seem to have an awful lot of of sex-obsessed, pearl clutching, sanctimonious posters on this thread. If Kenzie's purported life choices are so personally offensive to some members, then perhaps you should not be following this case. We have thousands of other cases that do not involve the sugar lifestyle or sex. This thread is about a missing woman. It doesn't matter if she has sex with every person she meets or none of the people she meets. She is an adult.

We are a victim-friendly forum and our purpose is not to convince people that SD/SB relationships are wrong or that using dating apps are wrong, etc.

We need to figure out where Kenzie is now. If a sugar daddy kidnapped her or killed her, that is no different than if a stranger jumped out of the bushes and attacked her. Who cares if it was a sugar daddy? Go ahead and assume it was a sugar daddy that she met. Okay, now how do we find her?

Search all the sugar daddies houses in area?

Timeouts will be issued and warning points will continue to be handed out if members cannot comprehend this. We also require that all verified members (insiders and professionals) are treated with respect. Do not act snarky towards them on the thread.

That is super frightening, and to me, it points to deliberate harm. For awhile I was thinking a tragic accident happened on the date and the unknown person panicked, but if her phone went off soon after meeting the person, I think that was part of his plan from the start.

Sending out good vibes to the investigators working on her phone records. We need your work!

jmo
She supposedly got into the car willingly. If the driver intended to harm her (or even if it were in some way accidental), I'm thinking said driver would not immediately attack her. Wouldn't there continue to be some level of trust, at least during the drive? Possibly driver asked her to power it down and she complied. Or, she decided to shut it down herself, for whatever reason. I'm trying not to automatically assume she has been harmed.

But the family has given messages to her friends to speak for them.
But, I too am stumped by their lack of presence in the media. Perhaps there is something we don't know that they do.

Here's my thinking on this. I think given that one of Kenzie's parents lost their mother (not sure if it was maternal or paternal), that the stress of her disappearance on top of an already emotionally exhausting event is just too much for them to handle. Perhaps they are already uncomfortable with media, do not wish to expose themselves, and do not trust themselves to not be completely sobbing wrecks/messes on national media.

Thanks! I've been lurking for quite awhile now, and it's not often that I have any insight to give. You guys are WAY faster than me at finding information! For once though, I can relate to the victim. Young women are judged so harshly sometimes for them just being full humans. MOO - her sexuality has very little, if anything, to do with her being missing. It might be the way she met the person initially in the park, but it doesn't take away from the fact that she is MISSING. I hope to God that if I go missing, they don't focus on what I do in my bedroom or someone else's. I want them to FIND me!

Also, as a woman not too far out of her age group, I would absolutely have taken a Lyft from the airport and refused to let someone pick me up. It was super late, flights get delayed (as hers did) and the rideshare companies have designated waiting areas. You can hop off the plane, grab your luggage, call a car, and be out much faster and easier than having an individual pick you up. I've been picked up at the airport exactly once since ridesharing became a thing, and it was only because a friend wouldn't stop asking to pick me up. I'm independent, comfortable in airports, and use Lyft every time I travel without my car. It's safe & easy 99.99% of the time, and it's super convenient.

One last thing, hardly any of my friends use their phones for texting/calling directly. We use apps constantly. My sister and I communicate exclusively through Snapchat or IG. If you looked at my phone records, you'd think I haven't spoken to her in a year! The warrants for social media accounts will be the big break here, if there is one. Hoping for something to come from those soon!
Very good points. I agree on every single one. MOO

That is super frightening, and to me, it points to deliberate harm. For awhile I was thinking a tragic accident happened on the date and the unknown person panicked, but if her phone went off soon after meeting the person, I think that was part of his plan from the start.

Sending out good vibes to the investigators working on her phone records. We need your work!

jmo

Certainly disheartening. I hardly ever power my phone off. Agree with you, whether ML turned it off or someone else, def a red flag. Today, it’s common knowledge that a phone equals cell tower pings.

Jason Nguyen on Twitter

ABC4 News did a story this morning saying they have gone through her phone records and bank account and this hasn't as of yet given them any leads in the case. They also said the cameras in and around the park, even the working ones, did not help them identify the make and model of the vehicle.

They are asking that anyone that may know the following information contact the SLCPD tip line:

-Make or model of the vehicle she was picked up in.
-Name or description of the person who picked her up.
-Any of her social media accounts they may not be aware of.

They have served warrants on many of her accounts already but they have yet to yield any valuable information.

BBM:

This may in part explain why LE has repeatedly appealed to the public for help answering the question:

Does ML have an alternate phone that she has used or is using?

LE may not be finding info that would logically be expected to be present in her phone data there.

Do we know if her phone was on a family plan w/ her parents or not?

JMO.

This is such an odd case. I keep coming back to the fact that her family do not seem to have the level of concern I'd expect in this situation.
Snipped

ML's mom or dad just lost a mom. They are a family in mourning already. Grief can be very heavy - you never know how people will react to it. Then, there is all the work of dealing with someone's estate, possessions, etc. Dealing with a death is WORK and it's not an easy time.

Right after burying a mother, ML's parent's find out their daughter is missing. They are now dealing with two tragedies.

Then, they find their beloved daughter's most intimate details are splashed all over the internet.

Then people wonder if their public presence isn't enough.

jmo

From the article:

Police will confirm that Lueck’s cell phone is currently powered down and that it was turned off once she met up with an unknown person at Hatch Park in North Salt Lake just before 3 a.m. on June 17.

“Pretty much right after the contact was made at the park—that’s when things went dark,” said Detective Greg Wilking.

WOW, I don’t like this at all

Regarding the parents. Behind the scenes we don't know what they are doing. I imagine they are busy brainstorming and providing any information they can with LE. I really don't see the benefit to them coming out in front of the media and making a statement. IMO, these type of statements rarely inspire the "bad guy" (if that's the case) to come forward and turn themselves in.

I also believe they are keeping quiet and putting all of their faith in LE and the investigation skills they have to find their daughter.

Maybe they are even terrified saying ANYTHING public puts their daughter at even more risk.

There is also a very small part of me that thinks maybe the parents have valid information to believe she's alive and left on her own. They believe her friends public appeals might encourage her to make contact, not them.

Sadly, I do believe that this poor young woman was met with foul play.

I personally didn't see anything in the airport photos that was alarming or gave me pause. She looked like a normal traveler, walking through the airport at 1:30am ish -2am ish in the morning. Normal clothing, normal luggage (size and all), normal demeanor.

SLCgov on Twitter
.@slcpd is still investigating the #MackenzieLueck #MissingPerson case. A press conference was held on June 25th providing updates, https://youtu.be/72RrqUGE77A . If anyone has info on Mackenzie or where she may be, please call 801-799-4420, case# 19-111129.#SeeSomethingSaySomething
12:27 PM - 26 Jun 2019

SLCgov on Twitter
Correction: here's the latest @slcpd press conference update on the #MackenzieLueck #MissingPerson case, https://youtu.be/JYWLLFvutjw . If anyone has info on Mackenzie or where she may be, please call 801-799-4420, case# 19-111129. #SeeSomethingSaySomething #utpol #SLC #findmackenzie
12:32 PM - 26 Jun 2019

TIP LINE 801-799-4420, Case# 19-111129

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics