GUILTY FL - Jennifer Fulford, 56, Winter Park, 27 Sept 2017 *Arrest*

I've looked at the tweets that you post SeesSeas - but I don't see anywhere that the defense presented their case. Did they NOT? Or do they start today, 6/27?

TIA! :)
State rested. Defense goes next.
Defense brief opening statement on Monday was unique. I think this morning will be especially unique.

9:04 AM - Nelson just got sworn in to testify.

LIVE now:
Watch Live: Scott Nelson on Trial in Alleged Murder of Jennifer Fulford

Monivette Cordeiro (@monivettec) | Twitter
Monivette Cordeiro‏ @monivettec 1m1 minute ago
Assistant Public Defender Robert Larr says Scott Edward Nelson plans to take the stand in his own defense today. He's accused of kidnapping Jennifer Fulford from her Winter Park home and killing her.

Cathy Russon (@cathyrusson) | Twitter

Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 53s53 seconds ago
#ScottNelson - Nelson said, "Once you kick a dog enough times, you bite back." He said he had a plan to get money.

Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 2m2 minutes ago
#ScottNelson blames his probation officer for Fulford's murder because he says the probation officer notified a family he was staying with about his felonies and they kicked him out. He was then living on the streets.

Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 6m6 minutes ago
#ScottNelson - Cross-exam: Did Julio Dominguez kill Jennifer Fulford? Nelson: No, I did.

Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 7m7 minutes ago
#ScottNelson - Nelson tells the jury Jennifer Fulford would be alive today if it wasn't for his probation officer Julio Dominguez. That's all he wanted the jury to know. Now cross-examination.

Monivette Cordeiro‏ @monivettec 5m5 minutes ago
Scott Nelson tells jurors he killed Jennifer Fulford, blames probation officer, homelessness: ‘They turned me into an animal’

Monivette Cordeiro‏ @monivettec 13m13 minutes ago
This testimony is going off the rails; Nelson is now saying he didn't wrap Jennifer Fulford in a comforter to take her out of the home. "I don't know who did. I didn't do it. Maybe she did. Maybe she was cold." After pressuring, "I don't know. She ended up cold."

On the Stand, Man Admits to Killing Jennifer Fulford, Blames Parole Officer
PUBLISHED June 27, 2019 @10:17 AM
ORLANDO, Fla. — Taking the stand in his own defense, Scott Nelson, the man accused in the death of a Winter Park personal assistant, admitted he killed the woman but blamed his parole officer for making him do it.

Nelson took the stand Thursday as his attorneys began their arguments in his murder trial. The prosecution rested its case Wednesday at the Orange County Courthouse.

On the stand, Nelson said he killed Jennifer Fulford in 2017 but said his parole officer was to blame, because he was responsible for Nelson being thrown out onto the streets.
[...]

'I believe the term is collateral damage': Scott Nelson admits to killing Winter Park caregiver
Updated: 10:52 AM EDT Jun 27, 2019
ALTAMONTE SPRINGS, Fla. —

Scott Nelson took the stand in his own defense, claiming the death of Jennifer Fulford is his parole officer's fault.

Nelson admitted to killing Fulford, but he said it happened because his parole officer got him thrown out on the street.

Nelson claimed his employer introduced him to someone who had a problem with Fulford's employer, Reid Berman. He said he didn't remember his employer's name.

When asked if nothing would stop him from taking revenge, Nelson said "I believe the term is collateral damage."

Nelson said he also planned to kill his probation officer but for some reason changed his mind

Nelson also claimed he gave inaccurate information to the police during his confession, saying "When we started off with a quid pro quo they started weaseling out and playing their games it gave me enjoyment watching them squirm. Gave them a lot of B.S. back."

With questions during the trial, Nelson continued to say it was the probation officer's fault that Fulford died.
[...]

Scott Nelson tells jurors he killed Jennifer Fulford, blames probation officer, homelessness: ‘They turned me into an animal’
JUN 27, 2019 | 9:51 AM
[...]
In the interview, which jurors heard Wednesday, Nelson said he duct taped Fulford’s face before stabbing her several times, leaving her body in a field near Apopka-Vineland Road. After leaving her car in the parking lot of the Colonialtown Publix, Nelson told detectives he headed to the Winter Park train station and got a whole pizza at the nearby 7-Eleven.

“After everything that’s been going on, here I am, back in Winter Park and nothing’s changed,” Nelson told detectives. “A girl is dead and I still have complete contempt for Winter Park. It didn’t make me feel any better.”

Still, Nelson told detectives he “enjoyed every bit” of his pizza as he watched people near the station.

“I took my blood pizza because somebody died for me to get this [expletive] pizza,” he said on the audio. “Little did they know what I had to do to get this freaking pizza.”

In Shocking Testimony, Florida Man Admits He Murdered Nanny, Calls Her ‘Collateral Damage’
11:01 am, June 27th, 2019
Florida man Scott Nelson, 55, testified Thursday in a Orange County courtroom in the murder of Jennifer Fulford, 56. He just straight up admitted to killing the victim, a local nanny, and blamed this on his unrelated feud with a federal probation officer.
[...]
During cross-examination, prosecutor Linda Drane Burdick got Nelson to acknowledge that he planned to obtain money, and abscond from probation. He wanted to target the probation officer, but his plan to kill the man didn’t go through, he testified. He described the official as “lucky.”
[...]
At first, Nelson answered the prosecutor’s questions, and acknowledged details when asked, even when they confirmed his guilt. He said he gave explicit details in his confession to detectives in order to make them “squirm” because he thought they weren’t being forthright with him.
[...]
Nelson was pretty forthright with testimony until he started to complain that the prosecutor kept asking him questions about the Fulford murder, and not his feud with the officer.

“I came up here for one reason,” he said.
[...]

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clancehan