Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Officials digging in yard where search warrant served in missing U. student case

SABBM:

Video footage from KSL Chopper 5 shows police are digging holes in the backyard of the house located at 547 N. 1000 West. Police have not said if they've found anything as of Thursday morning.

So very sorry to see the turn this investigation has taken....

I think we all know where it's headed, and the likely outcome.

At least her family will have answers.

Cold comfort, to be sure.

But it's something.

JMO.

Last edited:
If in fact she did end up at this residence, it adds credence to who she rode with was trying to cover his/her trail.
airport to hatch park 9.0 miles 12 min. 5.7 miles from home being searched.
airport to home being searched 6.1 miles 7 minutes, totally opposite direction.

Just a thought
Definitely some covering up of the final destination. Interestingly, though, if he also did get her to turn her phone off to prevent tracking of location, he apparently was texting her shortly before meeting her. That is, if he is the person she was last texting, as has been speculated. And if he is that person, there is a trail leading to him anyway. Sad irony at its best.

So sorry to read the news of the overnight developments, although not surprised. I suspected something nefarious from the start Kenzie just did not appear to fit the 'going off the grid' personality.

She seemed like a young, fun, responsible college student who had just suffered the loss of a Grandmother she was close to. I believe she knew the perp and for whatever reason agreed to meet up. Kenzie IS NOT TO BLAME here folks, nor is her lifestyle or choices. She is a victim period. So is her family and friends and my heart goes out to them as I cannot comprehend how devastating this new is.

#SWIFTJUSTICEFORKENZIE

But he might have burned documents, computer equipment, or her luggage

Possibly but if a guy can write a book about a murder mystery, he will try to make sure there are no evidences. Probably well planned. He might even have a defense of "O.D" and panicked after that if ever caught but the trolls victim-blaming on the internet have an ulterior motive, i guess.

Actually, each member is responsible for his/her own posts here. Each member is held accountable legally for what they post.

And add to this the total devastation you might cause to a completely innocent person and their families. Imagine what is going on in that Lyft driver's life right now (they have been outed in other forums).

No arrests have been made at this time. There is a direct connection between Kenzie and the people who live in this home. Police may have an update later on this morning.

Interesting that the owner(s) or residents of the home are described alternatively as either "he" or "they" by reporters.

Well, who is the 2nd person?!

If additional people are involved, this may get more depraved than it already seems to be.

Yeah, I'm not too sure about that but that's the word the reporter used. Certainly could have misspoken. MOO
We posted a link to the story about the AirBnb person who went to check in last night and found the house wrapped in crime scene tape - it's in the media thread. Perhaps there were others renting rooms? or roommates?

ETA: link
Search of Salt Lake City home connected to missing student MacKenzie Lueck
AirBnB renter
JW of Fort Worth, Texas, rented the Airbnb for Wednesday. When he arrived at 9 p.m., he found the house surrounded by police and crime tape.

“It’s wild,” JW said. “Just wild

It would be interesting to know if the homeowner had "fires" in his backyard on a regular basis or was this something new.

I posted yesterday about what would you do with ML's luggage, etc., and I thought about burning it all but didn't mention that because to me, burning stuff would lead down a path where there was no return.

I really hope we're not going down that path but I fear we are.

MOO
I would say homeowner probably did not have regular burning fires in his yard mainly because it's illegal.

It appears neighbors reminded him of that this week.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member