Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eerie photo, would make a good book cover..
Police search home related to disappearance of Utah college student
utah-student-search-ap-mo-20190627_hpEmbed_17x11_992.jpg
Francisco Kjolseth/The Salt Lake Tribune via AP
Salt Lake City police investigate a tip that may be connected to the disappearance of University of Utah student Mackenzie Lueck on Wednesday, June 26, 2019, in Salt Lake City.

I’m really behind right now so sorry if this has been addressed since this post but this was apparently a tip reported in. If it was a tip and not a cell phone record lead... wonder who sent in the tip? And if someone did send in the tip, whether they knew the homeowner directly, witnesses something in the park etc. thank god they did because this could have possibly gone unsolved without it (if there was no internet history, which I’m sure there was anyway).

Couple of questions....
1. Since the POI is not in custody, could he in theory flee?
2. If the mattress and boxspring were sold on Letgo or another app they should be able to get record of who the POI met up with to give the mattress to. I wonder if they are in the process of getting a warrant for this info
1) Usually if they consider you to be a flight risk then they will arrest you. Do they have enough or anything that they can hold him on at the moment?

I'm actually not even sure the fires were reported.
According to Fox news story here Mackenzie Lueck disappearance: Police say homeowner of property where search warrant was carried out is 'person of interest':
Neighbors who spoke to the newspaper say they recently saw the homeowner burning something in his backyard and smoke from the fire was traveling into their windows.

“It definitely assaulted your nose,” Joseph Peterson, who lives one block west of the home, told the Salt Lake Tribune, describing how he got home one night from work only to smell a “strong stench” in the air.

I thought they had a mobile DNA van there last night. Doesn't that give DNA results pretty quickly? If that was ML's blood or those her possessions in the garage, wouldn't that be enough to arrest the homeowner?
Same thoughts here. The mobile DNA results might give them direction, but they need further testing for it to be “evidence”? Maybe.

I'd have to think that that if the smoke in a tight neighborhood was from organic materials burning...someone would call the authorities. I know 2nd hand accounts were stating that they complained to the homeowner about the smoke, but haven't seen or heard anything else.

Do we know if she did any modeling? This is relevant to what I was mentioning yesterday about the accounts her Sinsta follows, and now I'm thinking more relevant to her disappearance. :(

It wouldn't surprise me to learn that the POI's AirBnb was one of multiple AirBnbs connected to this case. MOO

Did anyone notice that the POI’s house appeared to have a “Ring” electronic doorbell that LE seemed to be interested in? (there’s photos of LE examining in during the raid last night, I’m sorry I can’t find those pics at the moment!)

I wonder if those record motion activity? Or is it just if someone rings the doorbell?

‘Person of Interest’ ID’d in Disappearance of El Segundo Woman Mackenzie Lueck: Utah Police
[...]

Utah police say they have spoken with a person of interest in the disappearance of a college student missing for 10 days and are trying to find a mattress that had been at the man’s home.

Salt Lake City police chief Mike Brown released a photo of the mattress on Thursday and asked for whoever might have taken it to call police.

The homeowner is not in custody and his name was not made public.

The announcement came after police searched the man’s home for about 19 hours and were seeing going inside it with shovels and police dogs.

[...]

Morgan Harrington’s family started a campaign...”Save the Next Girl.”

I believe that we have a collective responsibility to find the “sweet spot” between “victim blaming” and pointing out the dangers inherent in certain lifestyles and behaviors. We don’t need to blame or defame anyone. But we need to be realistic about human nature and common sense. This site is replete with tragedy and there are almost always lessons to be learned.

No, not the victims... but the behaviors themselves should be laid bare as to the real risks involved. “The next Girl” could be my daughter or friend or yours. There are lessons to be learned without shaming anyone. There are always lessons from tragedy on how to proceed with any lifestyle decision with less risk.

If your spouse is morbidly obese and eating excessive amounts of fast food, Cheetos, and Twinkies everyday...it may be his right and he may be a wonderful person, but his eating choices are putting his health/life at risk. Yes, other people have heart attacks, but this lifestyle increases his probability, do we just say nothing out of “empathy?”

Is it really empathy?

To say that these lifestyle choices have NO bearing at all...I think abdicates our responsibility to try to save “the next girl.”

Some of these choices seem “cool”, “edgy”, “sophisticated”...they may be. But even those who participate, should not find discussion of how to improve safety of participation, to be “victim blaming.” Not if we really care about “saving the next Girl.”

So agree with this. I did many stupid things as a young lady and I'm lucky Im alive. I was stupid to hitchhike, stupid to get in stranger's vans to smoke a joint and whatever drug that was offered, stupid to pick up guys and bring them home and on and on. But I did and so did my friends. We were stupid girls.
There were a few very scary close calls that I won't go in to but I made it out alive. It was my stupid choices to put me in those positions. Should I be able to do those things and not worry? Maybe. But is it just the fault of the "monster" that is preying out there that is to blame.
We, as females have to look out for ourselves and make smart choices. It is scary out there and we have to be smarter than the "bad guys".
I'm not "victim blaming". I am worried about Kenzie since I first heard and I am praying for her and all young girls to be safe.

I caught that too. He was clearly emotional and choked up when he mentioned speaking with ML's family. I sure hope LE is keeping an eye on the POI. He could be planning to flee the US.

A reporter questioned if his passport had been surrendered, but it was another "I don't have that information at this time" answer. I hope he doesn't go on the run and manage to ditch the cops like Jesse Matthews did in Virginia after he killed Hannah Graham.

‘Person of Interest’ ID’d in Disappearance of El Segundo Woman Mackenzie Lueck: Utah Police
[...]

Utah police say they have spoken with a person of interest in the disappearance of a college student missing for 10 days and are trying to find a mattress that had been at the man’s home.

Salt Lake City police chief Mike Brown released a photo of the mattress on Thursday and asked for whoever might have taken it to call police.

The homeowner is not in custody and his name was not made public.

The announcement came after police searched the man’s home for about 19 hours and were seeing going inside it with shovels and police dogs.

[...]

so, if they let him go it means after 19 hrs of searching his home they don't have enough to arrest him :confused:

There was another link for a listing of the house with pics of the main floor - I can’t find it but I had also noticed the bed frame and wanted to compare it to pictures from the main level of the house. Also, I think it’s a good sign that in pictures of the mattress, it appears very clean, no obvious spots, stains, or damage.
I imagine if there were stains, he bleached the heck out of it. Hopefully a forensic exam will still be able to uncover trace amounts of blood if they are present.

I am at a loss as to why the Medical Examiner was there, and now suddenly all police presence is gone. This suggests LE has obtained all they can at the scene.

Finding a body and forensically analyzing the scene cannot be done thoroughly overnight, in my opinion. Wouldn't the media have observed a body bag being taken from the residence...

I'm thinking that the examiner was there to assist in analyzing fluids or retrieving similar evidence. I would think that the examiner would be as skilled in some crime scene analysis as the detectives, maybe moreso.

And I'd guess that they do not have a body at this point.

Forensic Medical Examiner Jobs in Forensic Criminal Investigations

A medical examiner (often also referred to as a forensic medical examiner) is a medical doctor who is responsible for examining bodies post mortem to determine the cause of death. These professionals are trained forensic pathologists who are called upon to investigate all deaths that may affect the public interest. As such, they must determine the cause, the manner of death, and the circumstances surrounding the death of an individual.

Because medical examiners are forensic pathologists, they are skilled and trained to study the tissues, organs, cells, and bodily fluids of the deceased and evaluate the gathered data to determine the cause of death. Medical examiners may also assist in violent crime examinations, such as rape examinations, even if the crime didn’t end in death, as they often have expertise in such areas as DNA and blood analyses.

Although much of a medical examiner’s job is performed in the laboratory, these professionals may also visit the crime scene and testify to their findings in court. Medical examiners also study trends and compile reports regarding their investigations.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member