Found Deceased UT - REMAINS FOUND - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #9 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
He also knew if he picked her up at the airport there would be camera footage everywhere showing him coming in to pick her up, and the one who was seen leaving with her in his vehicle. Imo.

All of it, including how he didnt pick her up at the airport, but at the park instead shows all of whatever happened afterwards was a premeditated plan of the POI, imo.

Did he think the Lyft driver would be blamed if she disappeared thinking LE would think the driver was the last to see, and be with her? I think it's highly plausible.

It makes me wonder if they will find out from his electronics that he followed the case in SC where she mistakenly thought she was getting into the vehicle of the Uber driver?

Jmhoo
Exactly. Not picking her up at the airport indicates this was planned from the start to be harmful to ML. She was lured and tricked. First clue was the meeting location and the way she arrived.

You have a good thought that he intended the Lyft driver to be scrutinized.

This is no casual friend or SD. I don't think she met this person before - he was picking a "fresh" victim, imo.

jmo

There is zero proof of anything right now. But the cleaning lady was not allowed in the air bnb bedroom, so there could have been cameras in there. And there is a market for clandestine *advertiser censored*, with no real thought to quality. Heck, people will pay to watch other people pee filmed unsuspectingly.

Here’s an idea: maybe she wasn’t allowed in the AirBnB room because the homeowner respected the renters right to privacy!!

BBM, I may have missed this somewhere or have not had enough coffee. Can you point me to something that says she didn't get along well with her roommates? Pretty sure this is the first I've heard of that. MOO

Apologies, I can't provide a link at present which is why I said *may* have rather than I know for certain. It was part of a conversation I was following elsewhere. I initially wondered if this was the case when she didn't go straight home when she landed. It occured to me that the Airbnb upon arrival might have just been a neutral place to land to have some space before dealing with roommates. I'll try to get more information. Perhaps our VI can shed more insight. MOO.

Not sure if this NBC Today Show article was already posted?

Interview with an Airbnb guest of the homeowner.

The home in question had also been rented on Airbnb. Gillian Arce told NBC News she had once stayed there.

"As I was leaving he was asking me a bunch of questions just about where I was going, what I was doing, why was I in Salt Lake. He asked me where I was working," she said.

"And then a couple weeks later he tried to friend me on Facebook and I just didn't accept it because it's a little weird."

'Person of interest' identified in case of missing Utah college student

I've been asking the same question with no clear answer. I have not found a single source indicating that there is a link between them, nor seen any evidence cited that he was the one she met up with at the park. There is a lot of rampant speculation on this thread but to this point, that's all it is.

Has anyone seen if she shares any of the same meetup groups?

I’m a member of meetup but I can’t see a way to find specific user profiles unless I know one of the groups they’re in. I haven’t had time to research it so I might be missing something obvious.

Forgive I’m tired and have not caught up..

Did I miss discussion on this or forget it?
From the article quoted below by @Coquette , which I’ll link again to make it easier, there was a Airbnb guest checked in on Friday, June 21 and was picking up his belongings on Thursday June 27th.

“A man stopped by the home Thursday, saying he was staying through Airbnb and had checked in the previous Friday. The man said he didn't notice anything suspicious with the home or home owner.

He went inside to collect his belongings, and leave.”

MacKenzie Lueck: What we know about the home police searched
Yes, I posted this in the last thread. I have communicated with Tara, the woman who cleaned his house.

Lyft you mean. Lyft takes great pride I’m sure I’m not being “those other guys”. But I hear ya, grateful indeed!!! And they should be. They go to great lengths to be a reputable company from what I understand, unlike those oooooother guys with maaaajor infractions such as background check violations, etc. Posting link again for reference:

Uber fined $8.9 million in Colorado for problematic background checks

ETA:
Uggggh don’t think I’ve seen this one: :eek: (sanpaku eek)

CNN investigation: 103 Uber drivers accused of sexual assault or abuse )
I think OP was referring to another recent case which involved an Uber driver. The victim got in the wrong vehicle, thinking it was her ride, and was murdered.
It received a lot of publicity so I think poster is saying at least it's not the same company that got all the negative attention. Imo

I've been asking the same question with no clear answer. I have not found a single source indicating that there is a link between them, nor seen any evidence cited that he was the one she met up with at the park. There is a lot of rampant speculation on this thread but to this point, that's all it is.
LE says there is a connection between ML and the people at that house. We just haven't been told what that connection is. Unfortunately! MOO

At the press conference, the chief indicated that ML's social media and electronic footprint led them to the POI's house. He did not specify whether it was a text, SM, or dating app. He did not state for certain that the POI is the one who met her at the park.

Lyft you mean. Lyft takes great pride I’m sure I’m not being “those other guys”. But I hear ya, grateful indeed!!! And they should be. They go to great lengths to be a reputable company from what I understand, unlike those oooooother guys with maaaajor infractions such as background check violations, etc. Posting link again for reference:

Uber fined $8.9 million in Colorado for problematic background checks

ETA:
Uggggh don’t think I’ve seen this one: :eek: (sanpaku eek)

CNN investigation: 103 Uber drivers accused of sexual assault or abuse )
Hah, I meant that Uber was grateful that it was a Lyft vehicle instead of an Uber like the recent case in SC. :)

MacKenzie Lueck: What we know about the home police searched

In addition to cleaning the man’s home, Chatterton said she also cleaned his Airbnb unit in the home’s basement. She described seeing something of note, that she indicated she hopes can help police in her investigation.

“There was cameras everywhere in the house,” she said. “In the master bedroom, there was three cameras in there.”

She said the cameras were set up in the master bedroom, living room, kitchen, dining room and downstairs in the Airbnb unit.

Again; just because she said it doesn’t make it true. Don’t we go by facts here? None of his reviews mentioned cameras all over. They said the place could be cleaner so she was obviously not a good cleaning lady. ‍

Also she contradicts herself by saying she wasn’t allowed to clean the Airbnb and then saying she cleaned it. It can’t be both.

Last edited:
I think OP was referring to another recent case which involved an Uber driver. The victim got in the wrong vehicle, thinking it was her ride, and was murdered.
It received a lot of publicity so I think poster is saying at least it's not the same company that got all the negative attention. Imo

Just guessing, but I think what girlhasnoname was referring to was all the negative publicity Uber received after Samantha Josephson's murder. MOO

(Hi! Man my bad. I obviously need coffee. Sorry about that. I’m trying to speed read to keep up. That’s obviously not working.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nahnah_2015