Found Deceased UT - REMAINS FOUND - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #10 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, all crime, including kidnapping is down. I believe what's changed is the internet and 24/7 news programs. Today we HEAR about every crime committed in every corner of the country. 30 years ago, that was not the case. This knowledge overload has led people to be more fearful, when they actually have less to be fearful about.
Crime Trends: 1990-2016
Oh yeah. We’re safer than we’ve been in decades.

Our knowledge and perception is what has changed.

The data doesn’t lie.

A) I definitely agree people should careful and young people especially so but B) .... as a young woman staying in an Airbnb, there’s also a risk factor in this scenario too. Getting in the vehicle of someone you don’t know well, trusting they’ll actually take you to the bus stop at 2 AM and not drive you off to some murder hole only to tell the cops “last I saw her, I was dropping her off at the bus.” If I were that young woman I’d probably rather have my own car, even if it is in a bad part of town, just so I have some control over my movements.

What you are saying makes sense, if we had been strangers. She had been with us several months prior, and knew us very well by that point - I probably should have mentioned. We also had spoken at length with her parents, so they 'knew' us (via video chat) as well, for the express purpose of letting them know that she was safe with us.

Many young adults have had sheltered Lives and may not be as cautious as they should be. I had dumb good luck when I look back at my young adulthood.

This thread is about Mackenzie. There are evil people all around us. There are also good people all around us.

I am a woman,but do not agree with what you are saying.
men are abused by women too.
There are more men attacked by other men.I live in England and every day there seems to be another young man stabbed.
I think everyone needs to be aware of the risks they take.
Was just thinking exactly the same thing. Every day another man has been stabbed in London.

Forgive me if it’s already been covered or asked. This is for lawyers or people knowledgeable with law. Can someone explain what the difference between aggravated murder, capital murder, felony murder, and 1st degree murder, if there is a difference?
They are all various terms referring to different levels of murder or murder. Some are the same. Capital murder is a murder for which the death penalty can be given. 1st Degree murder is a murder that is premeditated and can have some other definitions varying by jurisdiction. Felony murder is a murder that occurs in the commission of certain other felonies (usually sexual assault, burglary, child abuse, kidnapping, etc). Aggravated murder is defined differently but typically is a murder that is accompanied by some aggravating circumstances, (killed a police officer, or child, or while escaping). As you can see, some over-lap or refer to the same thing. Of course in states with no death penalty, there is no such thing as capital murder.

Forgive me if it’s already been covered or asked. This is for lawyers or people knowledgeable with law. Can someone explain what the difference between aggravated murder, capital murder, felony murder, and 1st degree murder, if there is a difference?

Capital murder is a murder that subjects the perpetrator to the death penalty if found guilty.

I believe aggravated and felony murder are similar/interchangeable. Murder while committing a felony act such as rape or robbery, etc.

First degree is premeditated or with intent to kill.

Last edited:
With all the talk about steps the defendant may have taken to avoid detection- such as the Lyft to hatch park instead of his house-
Why didn’t he think to leave his phone at home that night or shut it off? Because it sounds like his phone pinging at the park one minute apart from hers was a big piece of evidence. I’m still curious why the meetup was at the park and whose idea the location was.

Then again he was also one of the last —if not the last —one to text or message with her. He was always going to be a top suspect once that social media/phone search warrant was done. And then the awful DNA evidence right there in his yard.

This guy is no mastermind that’s for sure.

With all the talk about steps the defendant may have taken to avoid detection- such as the Lyft to his park instead of his house-
Why didn’t he think to leave his phone at home that night or shut it off? Because it sounds like his phone pinging at the park one minute apart from hers was a big piece of evidence. I’m still curious why the meetup was at the park and whose idea they location was.

Then again he was also one if the last people to text or message with her. He was always going to be a top suspect once that social media/phone search warrant was done. And then the awful DNA evidence right there in his yard.

This guy is no mastermind that’s for sure.
Dumber than dumb! He left his footprints all over the place...however, I am thankful he did.

The real issue with focusing on women being more fearful and careful rather than focusing on the root of male hatred of women is that there will always be another girl being murdered. If ML had been more fearful and careful, he would have found another girl to act out his violent misogyny on. By focusing on fear and precautions, the sentiment becomes "Not me, but some other girl, someone who deserves it more for not being careful."

The knee-jerk reaction of hemming yourself in and protecting yourself at the expense of women as a class is understandable, but short sighted.

Thank you for expressing my sentiments exactly. Nobody is disputing that meeting people at 3am can be risky but when a predator has premeditated their crime, they will attack their victim from any situation possible. We see crimes committed during broad daylight!

Although I agree that Airbnb may not be responsible for the murder of ML, however if you read the attached article about Airbnb you will see that, IMO, they make no (or very little) attempt to protect their guests.

Although police have so far said this (AA) didn’t have a criminal record, we don’t know if there may have been any complaints by any of his previous Airbnb guests that could have been cause for concern and should have gotten him shut down.

Granted, we can’t take what every person speaking publicly right now is legitimate and telling the truth, but just on my quick look at some posts on the last thread there was a comment by a woman who said she had stayed in the basement room and, after her stay, AA sent her a friend request on SM. She said she found it strange and did not accept his request.

I wonder if any previous guests filed complaints or have bad reviews and if Airbnb may have ignored them, thus allowing him to continue to operate. I wouldn’t be surprised if he had cameras throughout the guest area (including the bathroom & shower). I saw one news report that said they spoke with a woman who said she cleaned the property in March and that there were several cameras - including three in the Master Bedroom.

I would expect that LE would be diligent about contacting airBnB about prior renters & their experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix