Found Deceased UT - REMAINS FOUND - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #10 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOO this guy has no criminal record. He escalated to murder. I wonder if we will see other victims come forward that encountered him but were maybe too scared or embarrassed or whatever to come forward at the time. Victim blaming can cause people to not report, not come forward. If this guy did not have a pattern of harm in the past, I bet he was on his way to creating one. He was sloppy and stupid (thank god) and got caught. LE making quick work of this case may have prevented others from falling victim.

For Kenzie’s family and friends - I am so sorry this has happened. She did not deserve this. This was not her fault. JMO

Headline specifically citing Instagram follow the reason doesn't follow the statements by Police Chief. Emphasis was digital footprint - not Instagram.

And we also know the timestamp for the follow -- and LE was already at the house searching.

MOO

It comes after investigators say an Instagram follow made from Mackenzie’s account played a part in leading them to the home of the person of interest.

While the Police Chief may not have said it specifically, the investigators on the case mentioned it and stated it played a part in leading them to the POI

My heart breaks for her family and this horrible tragedy . I was so upset about the delay on the actual investigation and how it seemed like LE was wasting precious time getting the ball rolling on this case. Now it seems in my opinion that it wouldn't have mattered anyway she was probably murdered that first night.
Girls especially need to be so very careful now days and using these social media sites to meet up with men should really be avoided. It's hard enough to know a person who you have been married to for a life time so how much harder to think you can read some stranger you have barely met.
This case has left me crushed. I have 3 sons ànd my baby is my daughter. How would I even live after going through this kind of horrendous lóss. My prayers are with her family tonight ànd may they find some peace in the coming days. RIP MacKenzie.

Forgive me if it’s already been covered or asked. This is for lawyers or people knowledgeable with law. Can someone explain what the difference between aggravated murder, capital murder, felony murder, and 1st degree murder, if there is a difference?

The way AA was described by neighbors and friends sounds exactly how the perp that killed my friend was described. IMO, it sounds like how a lot of perps who commit really violent crimes are described. I am not shocked that he wrote a book about violent murder - and I am definitely not shocked that he did research on how to kill someone in a really gruesome way while writing his book. The whole "quiet on the outside, he'd never do this" mask is one that is common with rape as well - but it's not evident and may not ever be evident whether a rape was committed here. I hope through further investigation more will be revealed on who AA truly is and whether there are further crimes that have gone unreported.

@doyoulovemepfg I am so sorry about your friend’s murder (and, as are we all, about the horrible ending of ML’s short life).

Given how incompetent and narcissistic AA seems to be and have been, however, combined with his apparent obsession with still and video photography and violent “fantasy,” I would not be surprised to learn AA taped, live-streamed, or photographed or otherwise recorded many of the acts related to the current crimes against ML (and perhaps we will learn of investigators or witnesses to evidence of other past crimes).

I have a hard time given what we already know about this person AA that he would not in some ways be excited by, proud of, and revel in video, audio, and/or still photography of this presumably most recent and perhaps as well prior crimes of physical and/or sexual violence, domination, incapacitation, abduction, and annihilation. AA seems like the type to keep a scrapbook, trophies, resume, evidence of his crimes to relive and fantasize about.

As horrific as this may be, and I’m really hoping in some ways that Im wrong about all this, AA would not have voluntarily destroyed his trophy reel. Only once he thought that investigators might be closing in on him, he may still have resisted if at all possible destroying his trophy reel.

He may have burned his computers and cameras and physical files on location, but if he has done what it seems that he had to ML and possibly bad things to other people in the past, I hope he was too needy/greedy/vain/obsessive/compulsive to let go of everything, and that somewhere hidden on an off-site server somewhere IT man thinks is off grid, there will be clear and incontrovertible evidence of the horrible things he did which will enable a rapid and bulletproof conviction of any/all persons responsible for these crimes.

I bet all the cyber folks are still working around the clock to track this stuff down, for AA surely tried his best to destroy anything/everything onsite that would lead him back to ML or her death.

IMO/MOO

Does anyone have access to Utah Courts online? Utah Courts - Court Records

Aggravated murder, kidnapping charges filed against Salt Lake City man in connection with Mackenzie Lueck murder
[...]

Charging documents, filed Friday afternoon, indicate that Ajayi and Lueck were both in the same area of Hatch Park in North Salt Lake around 3 a.m. on June 17.

Neighbors of Ajayi told police that he appeared to be burning something in his backyard between the dates of June 17-18, according to charging documents.

During a search of Ajayi's home, police found a "fresh dig area" on Ajayi's property, which was the same place his neighbor told police he was burning something.

When the area was excavated, police found "several charred items" that appeared to be personal items of Lueck's. Other tests were performed on charred material found at the home, which appeared to be "female human tissue," according to charging documents.

Police made a DNA profile for Lueck and compared the profile to materials found in the home. The DNA profile for Lueck was consistent with the DNA profile for materials found at the scene.

Charging documents say Ajayi appears to be a "substantial danger to any other person or to the community."

[...]

I just saw the news and had to post. Now I have to go back and catch up.

My heart aches for Kenzie's family and friends.

I am in absolute shock that he did what he did in his own back yard. This is unbelievable.

I'm with @MassGuy . This DID NOT come out of nowhere. I am really concerned about other victims.

Oh my Goodness.

RIP Kenzie.

Does anyone have access to Utah Courts online? Utah Courts - Court Records

Aggravated murder, kidnapping charges filed against Salt Lake City man in connection with Mackenzie Lueck murder
[...]

Charging documents, filed Friday afternoon, indicate that Ajayi and Lueck were both in the same area of Hatch Park in North Salt Lake around 3 a.m. on June 17.

Neighbors of Ajayi told police that he appeared to be burning something in his backyard between the dates of June 17-18, according to charging documents.

During a search of Ajayi's home, police found a "fresh dig area" on Ajayi's property, which was the same place his neighbor told police he was burning something.

When the area was excavated, police found "several charred items" that appeared to be personal items of Lueck's. Other tests were performed on charred material found at the home, which appeared to be "female human tissue," according to charging documents.

Police made a DNA profile for Lueck and compared the profile to materials found in the home. The DNA profile for Lueck was consistent with the DNA profile for materials found at the scene.

Charging documents say Ajayi appears to be a "substantial danger to any other person or to the community."

[...]
Holy crap. I want it NOW Pommy.

ETA: I guess this is it. Disappointing.

I wanted more info.

Jeremy Harris on Twitter

Idk, I just don’t think that the one thing that needs to change is that women need to be more careful. I refuse to live in fear.
No one should let fear dominate how they live. But that has nothing to do with being careful. That what keeps us safe on a daily basis. We have rules we have boundaries and we have our own sense of caution . Listen to what your gut tells you and be careful out there. But by all means live and enjoy your life that is important. .

He appears to have a paper(s) roiled up in his pocket?

Quote by @PommyMommy:

“LE at upstairs unit...

Ladd Egan on Twitter
BREAKING: Police take two men into custody in Salt Lake City #Utah. Police CONFIRMING that one of those men is related to the #MackenzieLueck#MissingPerson case. It was a large SWAT team that showed up at 1028 West Temple @KSLcom@KSL5TV @kslnewsradio#kenzielueck #MISSING
D-KVgxJUYAATWvr.jpg

D-KVhJ0UEAAd4ac.jpg

D-KVhuWUcAAmfum.jpg

10:20 AM - 28 Jun 2019 from Salt Lake City, UT

Today at 10:20 AM

—-

See front left pocket

His arrest papers?

Maybe SHE had as a policy to not meet someone at their house the first time she met them in person....
That's possible. But a remote park in the middle of the night as a meeting place doesn't really seem like something someone would suggest as a safety precaution. Why not try a public restaurant downtown that's open 24 hours? That's why I think it was his suggestion. Or that the meeting place was not considered a safety precaution and was more a matter of perceived convenience.

Police arrest man suspected of killing Utah college student
[...]

Ajayi was the last person she communicated with electronically before her disappearance, and phone location data shows them both at the park within a minute of each other, Brown said.

[...]

After discovering that Ajayi was the last person Lueck communicated with, police searched his home on Wednesday and Thursday. In his backyard, they found a “fresh dig area,” and charred items that belonged to Lueck.

They also found burned human remains that matched her DNA profile, Brown said.

[...]

...I had one that wanted to drive her brand new Mercedes to the city bus stop (in a very bad area) in the middle of the night, leave it there, and board a bus to her home city. I said "No way. If you insist on taking the 2:00 a.m. bus, I will drive you to the bus stop and pick you up when you get back".

A) I definitely agree people should careful and young people especially so but B) .... as a young woman staying in an Airbnb, there’s also a risk factor in this scenario too. Getting in the vehicle of someone you don’t know well, trusting they’ll actually take you to the bus stop at 2 AM and not drive you off to some murder hole only to tell the cops “last I saw her, I was dropping her off at the bus.” If I were that young woman I’d probably rather have my own car, even if it is in a bad part of town, just so I have some control over my movements.

I’m going to guess one of the reasons he fully cooperated was due to narcissism. A number of killers do this and think that they can talk their way out of any situation, even a murder where evidence is found.

OJ Simpson is a famous example. Until LE had overwhelming evidence he did it, he first sat down with them and gave a detailed interview. Many believe it was because he really believed he was so much smarter and more charming than everyone else, he could do that in his interview and LE would back off.

I sense a great deal of this in this killer.

From ML's Instagram memoriam to her late grandmother: "I never imagined this day coming, but heaven couldn't wait for her. I love you and I'll see you in a lifetime."

Little did she know, a lifetime would be less than a week later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa