Found Deceased UT - REMAINS FOUND - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #10 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that is a strong possibility, but I noticed his work and education is tech related. Is it possible he had some sort of signal scrambler or other blocking device that disabled the phone? It seems to me this guy isn't someone who leaves anything up to chance and it's not his first rodeo. jmo
He was sloppy all around here, and I don’t think he had anything like that.

For every somewhat smart move, he made a stupid mistake.

He disabled her cell phone quickly, but his phone put him in that location.

He lured her to an isolated area, but was the last person to message her.

He got rid of evidence, but did it in the dumbest way imaginable (Facebook and Letgo trail, and conspicuous fire).

He thought ahead, but he’s clearly not as smart as he thinks he is.

Been following this case here since Mackenzie was first reported missing. Regardless of what is being said about what this woman may or may not have chosen to do in her personal life, this is absolutely horrific. My heart breaks for her family and loved ones.

To be clear, POI's extensive list of personal "Interests" are visible in right margin when viewing and/or accessing site via pc.

Also, it's probably like viewing WS from mobile -- sometimes you need to turn phone instrument landscape to view additional page content.

I'm not on mobile and can not confirm but others may try it and report back.

MOO

Ayoola A. - Utah Outdoors (Salt Lake City, UT) | Meetup

You can see the interests on a mobile device by scrolling to the bottom and click on “View Desktop Site”. In that view, when you scroll down you will see this monster’s interests on the right hand side, under his other meetup groups.

RIP Kenzie. I was so very sad to see the news about her today. She likely never had a chance once she met this horrible waste of space. My thoughts and prayers are going out to Kenzie’s family and friends.

https://ksltv.com/416930/digital-footprint-led-police-to-suspect-in-lueck-murder/
[...]

Detectives traced the texts, and found video of the 23-year-old at the airport.

We knew that she was on that phone, which is a footprint to follow,“ he said.

They found she got a ride from a car service from the airport to Hatch Park in North Salt Lake.

Less than a minute after meeting someone at the park, her phone was shut off and stopped sending data and location information.

“We were able to track her to the park, and the last time we knew that we had any identification with her phone was 3 a.m.,” said Chief Brown.

Lueck’s phone records showed investigators her last communication, which was with the suspect.

[...]

“We had a digital footprint that Mackenzie was there, and we had a digital footprint that the arrested person was there – at the same time. It was within a minute or so, and then that is the last digital evidence that we have for Mackenzie,” the chief said.

The evidence led police to Ajayi’s home at 547 North 1000 West in the Fairpark neighborhood of Salt Lake.

[...]
Did he think that if he turned off her phone and destroyed it, that LE couldn't trace any of her activity to him? Maybe he didn't know that LE could obtain her records through a warrant?

Really, really awful to think within a minute she knew she was in trouble.

:(

jmo

I think it’s also entirely possible that her phone just died. I realize that would be a huge coincidence but I think it’s as likely as him overpowering her, grabbing her phone and powering it off before the Lyft driver even made it out of the parking lot.

I think that is a strong possibility, but I noticed his work and education is tech related. Is it possible he had some sort of signal scrambler or other blocking device that disabled the phone? It seems to me this guy isn't someone who leaves anything up to chance and it's not his first rodeo. jmo

His title is literally just a fancy way of saying Help Desk guy.

He probably spent his days telling people how to reboot their computers or why their printer wasn't working. The Senior in his title says that he MAYBE had a pod of other techs under him. Doubtful though. More than likely than not the senior just meant that he had been there a number of years, was well versed, and thus didn't deal with the simple small stuff.

Dell has such a big support operation in Utah because salaries are cheaper. There's almost no engineering done at their Utah location.

We are way overestimating his technical capabilities.

I think it’s also entirely possible that her phone just died. I realize that would be a huge coincidence but I think it’s as likely as him overpowering her, grabbing her phone and powering it off before the Lyft driver even made it out of the parking lot.
Don’t airports offer iPhone charging bases

He was sloppy all around here, and I don’t think he had anything like that.

For every somewhat smart move, he made a stupid mistake.

He disabled her cell phone quickly, but his phone put him in that location.

He lured her to an isolated area, but was the last person to message her.

He got rid of evidence, but did it in the dumbest way imaginable (Facebook and Letgo trail, and conspicuous fire).

He thought ahead, but he’s clearly not as smart as he thinks he is.
It’s almost as though he wanted to get caught. Really all he had to do was drop her off in middle of nowhere to dispose of her body and remains, much like Josh Powell did. Despite having circumstantial evidence, they could never arrest him. Burning remains in his own backyard? That’s an idiotic move.

It’s almost as though he wanted to get caught. Really all he had to do was drop her off in middle of nowhere to dispose of her body and remains, much like Josh Powell did. Despite having circumstantial evidence, they could never arrest him. Burning remains in his own backyard? That’s an idiotic move.
Agree but he was mirroring the fire like in his book. What an idiot.

They’re still removing potential evidence from that house.

More bags of stuff coming out of Ayoola Ajayi's house this evening, the man police say kidnapped and murdered U of U student MacKenzie Lueck. @slcpd is here again, apparently still going over his home. @fox13

Lauren Steinbrecher on Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member