Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #14 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still dont believe AA has given up any information. If so, they would have locate her remains much sooner since his arrest a week ago.

Also I heard an attorney on Fox say if he was talking the prosecutor wouldn't have any need to ask for an extension which makes sense to me.

I think she may have been dead in the home for a couple of days, and he was removing her flesh to burn in the bonfire since the neighbors said he burned for two days.

After that he then removed her remains in the middle of the night.

It pains me to even write this, but it's honestly what I think happened.

Jmho
I agree. I think LE got a lead through their investigations and they followed it with diligence. The mayor mentioned LE followed every little lead, and I think she was describing how the discovery of the body falls under the category of following leads.

If AA provided the info, would LE call that a lead? Or just call it "info" they received? IDK.

jmo

I would like simple yes or no answer to this question:

“Was any blood evidence, tissue, etc. found inside the house or in the garage?”

And if so, where was it exactly and how much of it was found, was it pooled, spatter, etc.?”

There’s something they’re not saying imo about what was found inside. In fact I think there are a lot of things they are not saying. Jmo.
Can't answer yes or no. They discovered charred human tissue. Since neighbors witnessed him burning and LE dug in the backyard, I'm assuming it was found outside. If they found any blood, tissue, etc. inside the house, they haven't shared that. MOO

I wasn’t driving at the time so I’m not positive, but everyone who was in the car looked at the maps and we’re pretty sure we know where it is. When driving east towards bear lake it was on the left side of the road. Pulling up google maps it looks like it was off of a road marked 348 just past second dam. It was a short side road with another entrance to the highway with both sides roped off with crime scene tape.

Thank you! From the large map linked below, it appears the 2nd dam would be the first opportunity to get off to a side road, and be out of view.

Logan Canyon Scenic Drive

348 is kind of a weird road. Take a walk on 89 with google map guy and you can see cars parked along 348.

Google Maps

Pretty common to have small offshoot roads like this in the canyons here for people to get ready for hikes or rock climbing, etc. Keeps recreational people off the main road and makes parking safer.

I am not sure this idea has been mentioned, but I am thinking this in regards to why prosecutors are delaying the charges for AA:

In light of recovering her body, what if LE has used the delay in charges as a strategy to get AA to talk? Maybe LE told AA they'd give him a 'deal', such as reduced charges, not charging him, or a reduced sentence to get him to talk or lead them to the body? Maybe they felt they were onto something or close to recovering the truth through either confession or forensics, and announcing charges at that time would have compromised the likelihood of finding ML's body and put AA more on the defensive/less likely to talk? If so, the strategy seemed to have worked, because a few days later, it seems they have recovered the entirety of ML's remains.
Welcome to Websleuths, dogmom805. :)
Good afternoon. I'm new here in posting, but have been following this and another case closely. Both struck a cord.
It seems to me that only one person in a previous thread has mentioned iCloud. I don't use that as a backup of my phone, computer or anything else for reasons of security. (what if it got hacked?) But I think the trend is to back up to iCloud, or Carbonite. Even if her phone was destroyed, or AA tried to wipe his electronics, there is a good chance that EVERYTHING has been backed up. Wouldn't that be wonderful?
Welcome, Midwestmom2019. :)

Warning Graphic

I have followed 4 murder cases where the murdered persons' remains were eliminated by "incineration" or "fire".

Dellen Millard kidnapped and murdered Tim Bosma. He purchased an animal incinerator, threw Tim's body in and lit it. It took HOURS to complete the job and it was under controlled heat at a temperature between 1,400 to 1800 degrees fahrenheit. There was nothing left. There was no DNA. The only way they knew it was Tim was because they found blood on the outside of the incinerator.

Millard used this method twice. Laura Babcock was also disposed of in this manner. Again, nothing left. No DNA nothing.

Douglas Garland burned 3 bodies in a burn barrel over several days. Bits and pieces were found but no DNA. It was also suspected that the bodies were dismembered before being placed in the burn barrel.

I won't go on.

I had serious doubts that ML's entire body was placed on the burn pile. Under the conditions that neighbours reported, (a burning in the outdoors), there is no way that the heat could be controlled to effect a total cremation.

Now, if some sort of dismemberment occurred, and he tried with smaller parts, and couldn't get the result he was looking for, then I understand why some DNA was pulled from the burn pit. It might be as simple as he removing the burned body part and a piece breaking off. DNA can be pulled from bones if the heat doesn't reach the proper temperature. Sorry to be so graphic. I'm trying to be delicate.

I've been sitting on my hands for a week now trying to come to terms with, and wrapping my head around, taking a whole body, throwing it in a fire in your back yard and having DNA present.

IMO, and this is only my opinion, I believe some dismemberment occurred. He tried to cremate smaller pieces, it didn't work out and he decided, in a panic, that he had to have a back up plan. He went back to a familiar place and dumped her. Maybe he buried her, but....I'm not so sure.

I think he's a creature of habit. He likes going back to places he's familiar with.

I also now think this was his first murder. There were probably previous rapes and weird stuff but I'm thinking this was his first kill and botched it pretty good.

MOO

I agree with all of this. I've assumed dismemberment, but I thought all of her was there in his yard. I thought they'd recovered all of her there and just were not saying so, for whatever reason.

General area of Clark Hollow Logan Canyon. Hour and a half north of Salt Lake City.

Not the first mountains he could choose, suggests that he is familiar with the area.

ETA- close up image of area where Mc2013 saw police activity this week (post #622).

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-07-05 at 3.35.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-05 at 3.35.40 PM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 100
  • Screen Shot 2019-07-05 at 3.37.03 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-05 at 3.37.03 PM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 93
  • Screen Shot 2019-07-05 at 3.44.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-05 at 3.44.49 PM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 82
Last edited:
I know the investigators have checked all drainpipes in his home especially tubs, and showers to see if he perhaps dismembered her in his home or removed tissue.

Also they will forensically test any tools he may have used such as knives or reciprocating saws. Etc.

Jmho

Last week, police would not say whether a body had been recovered. They would only say that "female human tissue" that matched Lueck's DNA was found in the backyard of a Salt Lake home in the Fairpark neighborhood, 547 N. 1000 West. Police said they also found several charred items in that yard that "were consistent with personal items" belonging to Lueck.

Police say the Lyft driver dropped off Lueck at Hatch Park in North Salt Lake about 3 a.m. where another person in a car was waiting for her. That was when "all communication" from Lueck's phone stopped, Brown said.

Police recover body of slain Utah student Mackenzie Lueck in Logan Canyon

I know the investigators have checked all drainpipes in his home especially tubs, and showers to see if he perhaps dismembered her in his home or removed tissue.

Also they will forensically test any tools he may have used such as knives or reciprocating saws. Etc.

Jmho
I don't think he had time for dismemberment. She disappeared that morning at 3 a.m. and he was seen burning that same morning IIRC. MOO

Here’s where we think it was in the map. The other little side roads just north of the area looked either too long or had a stream going through it, so this is where we think it was.

Thank you so much. I was wondering if that's about where it was (so from his perspective, past the nature center and other likely-to-be-seen places and out in the boonies).

Naturally, it was still near a road. His contact DNA will be all over the remains at that location. As Gardenista says, it's not exactly an isolated place.

His knowledge of how to burn things is not particularly strong either. A flash fire with gasoline is not the way to go if you want to burn a corpse. We will have to wait to trial to hear the chemical analysis of what else he burned (her luggage? her purse? her clothes?)

I wish I had the times on the fires handy as well (I had many questions about it when that news broke). I work in forensics (anthropology) and I know that a backyard bonfire isn't hot enough to cremate large bones (like the skull and leg bones, pelvis). So I was wondering where those things were - and so were the police. Even some of the denser small bones won't burn easily.

No, he didn't take her from the park to almost 90 miles away, kill her, then go back to his house, burn her, then go back to Logan Canyon to deposit her remains.

In this case, some of her remains were found charred in the backyard (where he found out that his plan to cremate her in the yard wouldn't work, but made transport easier). Then sometime after that, he loaded the rest of her remains in the car, drove toward USU and up the Canyon (probably the only mountain road in Utah that he knew) and deposited the remains near the road (because he didn't have the wherewithal to figure out a better place).
Yes, I realize he wouldn't make two trips to Logan Canyon.

But, the tissue at the house could be something that was found on a murder weapon (a bat, knife, etc.) or other item that came in contact with her while he was hurting her. Perhaps he drove from their meeting location in Hatch Park directly to Logan Canyon, killed her, dumped her body there, returned to the house to burn evidence.

My hunch is they went to his house first from the park and the body was dumped in Logan Canyon a day (or more) later. But....I'm trying to consider other possibilities before ruling them in/out.

jmo

Warning Graphic

I have followed 4 murder cases where the murdered persons' remains were eliminated by "incineration" or "fire".

Dellen Millard kidnapped and murdered Tim Bosma. He purchased an animal incinerator, threw Tim's body in and lit it. It took HOURS to complete the job and it was under controlled heat at a temperature between 1,400 to 1800 degrees fahrenheit. There was nothing left. There was no DNA. The only way they knew it was Tim was because they found blood on the outside of the incinerator.

Millard used this method twice. Laura Babcock was also disposed of in this manner. Again, nothing left. No DNA nothing.

Douglas Garland burned 3 bodies in a burn barrel over several days. Bits and pieces were found but no DNA. It was also suspected that the bodies were dismembered before being placed in the burn barrel.

I won't go on.

I had serious doubts that ML's entire body was placed on the burn pile. Under the conditions that neighbours reported, (a burning in the outdoors), there is no way that the heat could be controlled to effect a total cremation.

Now, if some sort of dismemberment occurred, and he tried with smaller parts, and couldn't get the result he was looking for, then I understand why some DNA was pulled from the burn pit. It might be as simple as he removing the burned body part and a piece breaking off. DNA can be pulled from bones if the heat doesn't reach the proper temperature. Sorry to be so graphic. I'm trying to be delicate.

I've been sitting on my hands for a week now trying to come to terms with, and wrapping my head around, taking a whole body, throwing it in a fire in your back yard and having DNA present.

IMO, and this is only my opinion, I believe some dismemberment occurred. He tried to cremate smaller pieces, it didn't work out and he decided, in a panic, that he had to have a back up plan. He went back to a familiar place and dumped her. Maybe he buried her, but....I'm not so sure.

I think he's a creature of habit. He likes going back to places he's familiar with.

I also now think this was his first murder. There were probably previous rapes and weird stuff but I'm thinking this was his first kill and botched it pretty good.

MOO

I also never believed her body was burned there or at least her entire body, I can believe he would be stupid enough to possibly try. As you said, the heat has to be too intense and the length of time as well far longer. This fire was in a small back yard in town near a building and there is no way he could make a fire hot enough to do that.

I did think it possible he buried her in his yard, under cement, under the home, things like that.

There are a few cases on here where the victim was allegedly burned in a firepit and there is one that was not even in town and was a bonfire and I am hesitant to believe it based on length of time and a few other things. I would never believe it at the location this fire was in this case here. Again, I can believe he may have been ignorant enough to try.

I am happy her family has her body to lay to rest; so often that does not happen and even though told she was deceased, when one does not have a body, it has to be hard for loved ones to not hold out some small teensy bit of hope, even if unlikely.

I do hope there is a chance of them determining a cause of death.

It is setting in again in wondering what this poor child went through. And to me, she is a child, just a young college girl. I hope the worst case scenarios are not the case.

RIP Kenzie.

Jmo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads