Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #14 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Body of missing University of Utah student Mackenzie Lueck is found

The body of slain University of Utah student and Southern California native Mackenzie Lueck has been found, authorities said Friday.

Lueck's remains were discovered Wednesday in Logan Canyon, in Logan, Utah, nearly 90 miles north of Salt Lake City, where the 23-year-old student was last seen on June 17, the Salt Lake City police chief, Mike Brown, told reporters.

Brown said he personally called Lueck's parents on Friday to update them on the discovery.

That's incredible - thanks for sharing.

Not familiar with area. Do you think you could map the approximate location and post here?

Thanks again.

I wasn’t driving at the time so I’m not positive, but everyone who was in the car looked at the maps and we’re pretty sure we know where it is. When driving east towards bear lake it was on the left side of the road. Pulling up google maps it looks like it was off of a road marked 348 just past second dam. It was a short side road with another entrance to the highway with both sides roped off with crime scene tape.

I still dont believe AA has given up any information. If so, they would have locate her remains much sooner since his arrest a week ago.

Also I heard an attorney on Fox say if he was talking the prosecutor wouldn't have any need to ask for an extension which makes sense to me.

I think she may have been dead in the home for a couple of days, and he was removing her flesh to burn in the bonfire since the neighbors said he burned for two days.

After that he then removed her remains in the middle of the night.

It pains me to even write this, but it's honestly what I think happened.

Jmho

Snip
On June 17, Lueck was returning home from California, where she had attended a funeral for her grandmother.

Salt Lake City police chief Mike Brown told reporters that Lueck had been communicating with Ajayi electronically on June 16, the day prior to her disappearance, though he did not say whether it was through an app.

Snip

The evidence kept mounting. Neighbors had told authorities they had seen Ajayi using gasoline to burn something in his backyard on June 17 and 18.

Everything We Know About the Mackenzie Lueck Murder Case

Here’s where we think it was in the map. The other little side roads just north of the area looked either too long or had a stream going through it, so this is where we think it was.

Attachments

• 3FD78B69-9507-4662-A1BB-9762CC49795A.png
    3FD78B69-9507-4662-A1BB-9762CC49795A.png
    233.3 KB · Views: 145
I am not sure this idea has been mentioned, but I am thinking this in regards to why prosecutors are delaying the charges for AA:

In light of recovering her body, what if LE has used the delay in charges as a strategy to get AA to talk? Maybe LE told AA they'd give him a 'deal', such as reduced charges, not charging him, or a reduced sentence to get him to talk or lead them to the body? Maybe they felt they were onto something or close to recovering the truth through either confession or forensics, and announcing charges at that time would have compromised the likelihood of finding ML's body and put AA more on the defensive/less likely to talk? If so, the strategy seemed to have worked, because a few days later, it seems they have recovered the entirety of ML's remains.

I am going with "It was Google" that did it. He does think he's the smartest person in the world but couldn't have driven out of town without his phone, IMO. But he didn't know that his movements were in the cloud.

Google's data gives the police the location and very good evidence for trial. Any police force would want that data before using a jailhouse snitch or continuing to interrogate him (lawyer present). They can't put him on the stand, and jailhouse snitches aren't the best witnesses.

A Google employee/expert plus a police digital detective though...will fascinate the jury. It will also give him a narcissistic blow. I must say that I wish I could attend the trial and watch him as he finds out just how stupid he is. To him, being stupid is way more than being evil, being evil is comfortable for him.

I wasn’t driving at the time so I’m not positive, but everyone who was in the car looked at the maps and we’re pretty sure we know where it is. When driving east towards bear lake it was on the left side of the road. Pulling up google maps it looks like it was off of a road marked 348 just past second dam. It was a short side road with another entrance to the highway with both sides roped off with crime scene tape.

You can google Clark Hollow Logan Canyon in Maps and it will point you pretty close.

Good afternoon. I'm new here in posting, but have been following this and another case closely. Both struck a cord.
It seems to me that only one person in a previous thread has mentioned iCloud. I don't use that as a backup of my phone, computer or anything else for reasons of security. (what if it got hacked?) But I think the trend is to back up to iCloud, or Carbonite. Even if her phone was destroyed, or AA tried to wipe his electronics, there is a good chance that EVERYTHING has been backed up. Wouldn't that be wonderful?

Can anyone good with maps mark this for us to see? TIA!

Wow. I just went back and read the complete paper that AA wrote for his geology class and realized another element of it.

This guy really really doesn't understand geography (much less geology). The fact that he uploaded such a terrible paper notwithstanding, he does not know the difference between Utah and California.

He puts a map of Yosemite into his paper as a map of a locale in Utah.

The place he was supposed to write about was in the Cache-Wasatch NF due east of SLC, he instead writes about a different place with the same name in California (insofar as he mentions any geology at all - he really doesn't use any geologic or geographic concepts).

To confuse Yosemite with Utah is astounding. He was able to google a map of Yosemite and not notice that Yosemite is not in Utah. This is not uncommon among my students who are less well-traveled (which is most of them) and it's clear that Google maps has allowed many people who don't understand maps or geography to go places they never could have gone. AA is one of these (except he didn't go on his field trip for class, probably couldn't figure out how to get there).

Nothing to do with the three murders that happened at Yosemite....right? :confused: Wonder if he did that on purpose.

Warning Graphic

I have followed 4 murder cases where the murdered persons' remains were eliminated by "incineration" or "fire".

Dellen Millard kidnapped and murdered Tim Bosma. He purchased an animal incinerator, threw Tim's body in and lit it. It took HOURS to complete the job and it was under controlled heat at a temperature between 1,400 to 1800 degrees fahrenheit. There was nothing left. There was no DNA. The only way they knew it was Tim was because they found blood on the outside of the incinerator.

Millard used this method twice. Laura Babcock was also disposed of in this manner. Again, nothing left. No DNA nothing.

Douglas Garland burned 3 bodies in a burn barrel over several days. Bits and pieces were found but no DNA. It was also suspected that the bodies were dismembered before being placed in the burn barrel.

I won't go on.

I had serious doubts that ML's entire body was placed on the burn pile. Under the conditions that neighbours reported, (a burning in the outdoors), there is no way that the heat could be controlled to effect a total cremation.

Now, if some sort of dismemberment occurred, and he tried with smaller parts, and couldn't get the result he was looking for, then I understand why some DNA was pulled from the burn pit. It might be as simple as he removing the burned body part and a piece breaking off. DNA can be pulled from bones if the heat doesn't reach the proper temperature. Sorry to be so graphic. I'm trying to be delicate.

I've been sitting on my hands for a week now trying to come to terms with, and wrapping my head around, taking a whole body, throwing it in a fire in your back yard and having DNA present.

IMO, and this is only my opinion, I believe some dismemberment occurred. He tried to cremate smaller pieces, it didn't work out and he decided, in a panic, that he had to have a back up plan. He went back to a familiar place and dumped her. Maybe he buried her, but....I'm not so sure.

I think he's a creature of habit. He likes going back to places he's familiar with.

I also now think this was his first murder. There were probably previous rapes and weird stuff but I'm thinking this was his first kill and botched it pretty good.

MOO

Hi!! Welcome :cool: It most certainly absolutely would be wonderful if so.
Did ML have her own phone plan or parents plan? TIA
Good afternoon. I'm new here in posting, but have been following this and another case closely. Both struck a cord.
It seems to me that only one person in a previous thread has mentioned iCloud. I don't use that as a backup of my phone, computer or anything else for reasons of security. (what if it got hacked?) But I think the trend is to back up to iCloud, or Carbonite. Even if her phone was destroyed, or AA tried to wipe his electronics, there is a good chance that EVERYTHING has been backed up. Wouldn't that be wonderful?

Can we talk about the fires at his house again? What were the times of the fires? IIRC, the first was in the morning she went missing and then there was a break with another fire later? I could be wrong on the times, so could someone with a better memory/notes remind us of the fire times?

It's possible he had her meet at the park so hr could quickly get on the road to Logan Canyon?? Would he have time to drive up to Logan Canyon, kill her, and then return to his house in time for that first fire?

jmo

I wish I had the times on the fires handy as well (I had many questions about it when that news broke). I work in forensics (anthropology) and I know that a backyard bonfire isn't hot enough to cremate large bones (like the skull and leg bones, pelvis). So I was wondering where those things were - and so were the police. Even some of the denser small bones won't burn easily.

No, he didn't take her from the park to almost 90 miles away, kill her, then go back to his house, burn her, then go back to Logan Canyon to deposit her remains.

In this case, some of her remains were found charred in the backyard (where he found out that his plan to cremate her in the yard wouldn't work, but made transport easier). Then sometime after that, he loaded the rest of her remains in the car, drove toward USU and up the Canyon (probably the only mountain road in Utah that he knew) and deposited the remains near the road (because he didn't have the wherewithal to figure out a better place).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat