Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #14 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
They used the word “delicate” before giving the information. While the recovery of any remains is horrific, we don’t typically hear that word used. (ETA-perhaps said “sensitive,” I need to listen again. )I feel either word makes it more likely that terrible things were done to her after death (or during the murder).

I agree that he disposed of Kenzie in more than one spot — either by design or necessity (couldn’t follow through with the original plan). Especially since one charge against him is for the desecration of a human body.

JMO

Last edited:
I'm not an expert in how cell phone pings work, but would imagine that a cell tower would ping the general area but not exact location, or there could have been multiple pings throughout the canyon, but not showing exactly where the body was, just where he had been. In that terrain it could take a long time to uncover what they were actually looking for - and that's if it was indeed through cell/internet records.
If it was from physical evidence like from the car or photos of the car, finding the location within a wide radius may have taken a lot longer. I bet they had detectives or CSI-type people out looking (maybe even in unmarked vehicles) but didn't want to reveal the location lest hikers/vacationers/amateur sleuths go looking and mess something up.
I'm not an expert in cell phones either, but I can tell you that there are two types of technology in play with today's smartphones. The first is the wireless technology that allows cell phones to communicate with cell towers. This works similar to how a radio receives sound from a transmitter. You have to be in range of the tower, and tall objects like buildings and mountains interfere with the signal. The second type of technology is Global Positioning System, or GPS. This technology uses satellites to determine where your phone (or car) is. It is far more precise and is unencumbered by geographic features, because the tracking is done by satellites in space. If he had "Location" enabled on his phone, or had GPS on his vehicle, it's possible that LE was able to mine that information from his phone. MOO

Obviously the public is going to be like “whaaaaaat??” LE knows this. Yet they still declined to explain, likely due to the “sensitive nature” they mentioned.

This tells me whatever it is is likely so bad they couldn’t even comment on it publicly. They can’t say this lack of explanation is “due to protecting the integrity of the investigation” necessarily, I don’t think, as the victim has now been located and the suspect is in custody. Granted it is still an “open investigation”.

I guess what I’m saying is whatever the explanation is for all this, it’s likely not meant for the public’s ears, moo.

Another thing to note, even if it was one microscopic charred piece of tissue, it was obviously enough to definitively determine this a “homicide”. Whatever forensic evidence they had, they thought it was enough forensically to determine it a homicide, though obviously the remains did not contain remnants of her entire body, bones, etc.

Last edited:
Maybe she loaded her luggage into his car because he had a gun pointed at her. MOO
I thought the Lyft driver said the other driver never got out of his car? I think that is what is quoted upstream somewhere. She apparently made the decision to take her luggage to the other car immediately---no gun point needed.

AA's apparent attempt to burn a body (and failing) suggests that he never had much of a plan for evidence disposal.

This makes it a little less likely he has done something so depraved in the past. These guys tend to get better with experience.
Or they get lazy and sloppy with thinking they won't get caught because they didn't get caught before.

Yes, I agree there's no way he could completely cremate (or even come close) a human body in his backyard bonfire.

I will continue to believe until further information comes out that Google maps was his downfall, as it's being used more and more for forensic work. He could wipe his phone all he wanted, but Google would still have the data if at any time after this drive, his phone was able to access a cellular network. In the case in Los Angeles, the perp's whereabouts throughout his murderous trip and his disposal of the body (and his attempt to pawn the victim's things) was documented in the cloud.

Again, I doubt that AA could find his way past USU and into a mountainous region without his cell phone. I figure he was pretty panicked at that point. The mountains behind USU were familiar to him and he headed there, but he didn't know the area well enough to go further without a map. He's not the outdoor type at all. He could even have put his phone on airplane mode, thinking that would keep his whereabouts unknown (although I doubt he remembered to do this; panic is real). But as long as the phone was on and google maps was on it, Google would eventually get those records.

All that was needed was a warrant to get those records.

MOO.

DA Sim Gill made an interesting comment about the Logan Canyon lead being produced by a collaboration of the DA's office and SLC homicide dept. It was described as an "opportunity". Could have been info from AA himself, IHMO.

It's at about 12:10 in the PC.

I believe AA is talking.

In his mind, his horrific act is nothing-- but he would be desperate to restore his phony, good guy persona, and investigators & FBI played right along with him, feeding him just enough atta-boys to recover ML's body.

MOO

I'm very skeptical of this report. This is the only publication that's reported that LE has her phone let alone that it was wiped. This would be huge news and widely reported, if true. MOO

Well, it is the Daily News... *she says with a sarcastic grin* … can't believe everything you read online.

Christina Coleman on Twitter
New developments in the homicide investigation of University of Utah student Mackenzie Lueck. Her body was recovered in Logan Canyon, about 80 miles north of Salt Lake City. I'll report on this at the top of the next hour on Shep Smith' show. @FoxNews @ShepNewsTeam
D-u5NzZVUAAnC7b.png

1:49 PM - 5 Jul 2019

I believe AA is talking.

In his mind, his horrific act is nothing-- but he would be desperate to restore his phony, good guy persona, and investigators & FBI played right along with him, feeding him just enough atta-boys to recover ML's body.

MOO
Oh, if he is talking, it certainly isn’t for altruistic reasons.

Something would have to be in it for him.

He probably hasn’t lost any sleep over this.

MacKenzie Lueck’s body recovered, police say

SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake City Police have recovered and positively identified the body of MacKenzie Lueck, Salt Lake City Police Chief Mike Brown announced Friday.

Brown said Lueck's body was recovered from Logan Canyon on Wednesday.

"Please note this continues to be an open investigation. It is not uncommon for investigative efforts to continue, as the case progresses, to meet our obligation to the discovery of proof and the ongoing responsibility to collect all available evidence," said Salt Lake County District Attorney Sim Gill in a news conference Friday morning.

A week ago, police arrested Ayoola Ajayi in connection with Lueck's murder.

I agree that he disposed of Kenzie in more than one spot — either by design or necessity (couldn’t follow through with the original plan). Especially since one charge against him is for the desecration of a human body.

JMO

Keep in mind that Utah law determines desecration of a body/corpse as anything that disturbs the natural state of the deceased, so even if he moved her body from where she died or just tried to bury her, that charge would apply. It doesn't necessarily indicate what people usually consider desecration, like dismemberment or burning or other mutilation. IIRC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monifah2