Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #15 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha! Hard to miss.

Anyone with a third-grade reading level would notice his horrendous writing skills.

Here's but one small sample from his Model Mayhem page:

"I used every second of my life to archive my goals which is to be the best.
I am taking an acting classes while working with star talent management here in Utah.
I will love to work with any organization that will be interested in helping me archiving my goals."

I have a hard time believing he could "fool" anyone having even the slightest modicum of intelligence with his online persona.

Erudite, he ain't.

I don't know why ML felt safe to meet with him at 3 am in that parking lot.
But she did.
The most logical explanation for her feeling safe meeting him there is that she'd met him before, either there or somewhere else.

Obviously, we don't know if she had or hadn't met him before, but to me, it's the most logical explanation.

JMO.
Yeah, his goals were “archived” all right! :rolleyes:

How can you reconcile the fact that her burned tissue/DNA and belongings were found burned, by AA, in his own yard, with your theory that AA was set up?
I think we will know more about all that in the coming days when charges are filed. I am just looking at the whole picture, especially if there is someone else involved? I might be naive but I am just putting all his profile together and how he was able to physically execute it all by himself, when his house is such in an open place?

Will wait to see the official charges before I can make sense of the case, the assumptions at this point are way too much.

No red flags waving here.
I found what that friend told the reporter highly credible.

That particular friend obviously wasn't looking to get his 15 minutes courtesy of this tragedy.
He wasn't interested in getting his mug on camera or seeing his name in print.

I respect that decision.

It could very well be the case that the reason he wanted to remain anonymous is due to the nature of the relationship that he had with ML and/or in what context they met each other.
He also used discretion in terms of what he shared with the reporter r/t ML and AA having a "sort of relationship or arrangement."
It appears ML's friend was attempting to be discreet, possibly to protect ML's and/or his own reputation.

If so, I respect that decision, too.

Notwithstanding his not wanting his name/face out in public view, ML's murder was upsetting enough to this friend that he approached the reporter seeking information from her first and then voicing the concerns he'd had about AA based on what ML told him about their "relationship or arrangement."

It's actually fortunate for LE that there's at least one person who knew there was some sort of relationship that existed b/t the two.

JMO.

The reporter also provided that shaken friend (SF) had been in contact and/or communicating with LE "since the beginning." I take that to mean that he possibly went to LE when ML was reported missing, and told them what he knew in effort to help locate her.

I agree that SF was probably trying to protect both ML and himself in protecting his identity. He may be married or otherwise in a position where discretion favored.

I have no doubt that the reporter can identify him, must believe his account, and also protecting the integrity of the investigation.

MOO

Yeah, it's a great way to pay college tuition, a great way for the websites to make money, and a great way for the men to fulfill their needs and wants.

In some cases it's also a great way for predators to find prey. It's rare, but sometimes it ends up in tragedy. Imo

I understand your concerns but its no different than any other way of meeting people. If I meet someone through Match, they have the same expectations. Arrangement sites are just more honest and allow both to get what they are looking for. I don't think there is any evidence they met from the arrangement site and I think the evidence is that they didn't.

Most people are killed by people they know ... I don't think there is any data to suggest that meeting someone through an online dating site is any more dangerous than meeting someone through church or school. Statistically, guys 40 or over are less likely to engage in violent crime than guys in their 20's so its probably safer objectively.

I think we will know more about all that in the coming days when charges are filed. I am just looking at the whole picture, especially if there is someone else involved? I might be naive but I am just putting all his profile together and how he was able to physically execute it all by himself, when his house is such in an open place?

Will wait to see the official charges before I can make sense of the case, the assumptions at this point are way too much.
Yes, it will be interesting to see what charges are filed against him. It’s possible that the charges might include his use of the cameras mounted in his house to produce unlawful images/videos.

I'm new to the forum but wanted to share some information.

I'm a single guy who lives in SLC and use Tinder, Bumble, Match, and the arrangement site that ML was on.

Tinder is a pretty routine and normal dating site. I'd guess 90 percent of single people in their 20's are using Tinder. I vaguely recall seeing ML's profile on Tinder.

The arrangement site has several thousand women on it in Utah. I've seen screenshots of ML's profile on there but don't recall seeing her profile there. I've not seen any screen shots that AA was on the arrangement site. If he was, I think someone would have posted it somewhere.

I've read speculation about what ML meant about "online only." There are certainly a lot of women on the site who are looking for "online only" but that means they do not want to meet in person. Usually, online only means they will send texts and pictures, etc. I've not done anything like that (I can't keep up on my texts anyway!) but I get a sense its often pretty vanilla.

As for in person arrangements, these usually look a lot like normal dating but more direct. I've certainly met women from the arrangement site but everyone (including me) is very safety conscious. I've never heard of anyone meeting from the site at a park at 3 AM! Like regular dating, its more likely to first meet for coffee, lunch, drinks, or dinner. Also, its pretty obvious on a date when someone has texted a friend to say everything is OK. I'm pretty confident that women I have dated through the arrangement site have told their friends who I am -- for example, I have seen their friends visit my LinkedIn profile and have met some.

As I read the news, LE was able to connect him to the situation by seeing they were texting each other. That means they had each others real telephone numbers and weren't communicating over a dating site or using an anonymous phone app. She wouldn't have given her real telephone number unless she was comfortable. As others have said, he's hardly a rocket scientist and was working at the basic help desk level, likely setting up people's new computers. I'd guess she was making more than he was. He also was comfortable enough to give her his real telephone number.

I've seen his Meetup profile and seen some comments about his interests/lifestyle. I'd guess he is a member of Fetlife, which is definitely not Tinder, Bumble, Match, or the arrangement site. I'm not a member of that and haven't read anything to suggest she is.

I'm curious about his source of money though. A help desk tech like him doesn't make much and I don't know he'd get approved for a loan.
Have you looked for AA on Bumble? There was a woman who claimed she met him there. MOO

Utah woman says she had uncomfortable date with murder suspect
[...]

“I met him on Bumble, the online dating app,” said the woman speaking with Fox 13 News on the condition of anonymity.

The online meeting was last year. After chatting through the app, the two decided to meet for lunch where things took an uncomfortable turn.

[...]

Also, Welcome to Websleuths! :)

Welcome to Websleuths, guest_sleuth. Thanks for joining us. :)

As a side note, in regards to the timing they met up, we don’t know how much she rested before she got on the plane. She very well could have taken a nap before she boarded the plane and then rested on the plane.

We know she had midterms on Tuesday(?). I believe it was Tuesday, I’m on mobile so I will confirm all of this when I’m home and it’s easier to poke around and keep tabs open.

My thoughts about that are, maybe she didn’t want to wake her roommates by coming in at that time(which has been speculated in previous threads). We don’t know her roommates schedule(s) so maybe she knew they had class and didn’t want to wake them too early. I, personally, think that she saw the meetup with AA as a way to kill time before she went home at a “reasonable” time. I, personally, think she only planned to stay a few hours with him until the sun came up and she would head home.

I know a lot of people have questioned why she wouldn’t just head straight home and go to her own bed and cat. My speculation stated above is one reason and we also don’t know what she had planned for that day. She was in crunch time for studying so maybe she had no plans to even go to bed in the first place, until that night before the midterms.

MOO and some food for thought.
Poor sweet KL. If what this guy claims is true and he warned her about this guy then why would she risk meeting this guy at 3am in a dark park without texting a friend. My guess is she was very tired, he tricked her with some bogus lie he conjured up she finally gave in for whatever reason.

If he was in a relationship why in the world wouldn’t he pick her up at the airport? no excuse. I suppose not only the cameras he knew once she saw his ugly face she would not get in his car trap. He had a better chance knowing a Lyft driver would drop her off and not pay much attention. I wonder if he had tinted car windows?

How do we know AA didn’t chase her around the park and subdue her to get in the car possibly had threatened her with a weapon? Phones were off and no video cameras.

As a side note, in regards to the timing they met up, we don’t know how much she rested before she got on the plane. She very well could have taken a nap before she boarded the plane and then rested on the plane.

My thoughts about that are, maybe she didn’t want to wake her roommates by coming in at that time(which has been speculated in previous threads). We don’t know her roommates schedule(s) so maybe she knew they had class and didn’t want to wake them too early. I, personally, think that she saw the meetup with AA as a way to kill time before she went home at a “reasonable” time. I, personally, think she only planned to stay a few hours with him until the sun came up and she would head home.

I know a lot of people have questioned why she wouldn’t just head straight home and go to her own bed and cat. My speculation stated above is one reason and we also don’t know what she had planned for that day. She was in crunch time for studying so maybe she had no plans to even go to bed in the first place, until that night before the midterms.

MOO and some food for thought.

I'll throw out another possibility ... he lives 5-10 minutes from the airport so it wouldn't make sense to meet him at the park which is further away. I think they knew each other well. He could have said, I'm in Weber/Davis county visiting friends, why don't we meet at Hatch Park and head up to Logan. That could fit.

Poor sweet KL. If what this guy claims is true and he warned her about this guy then why would she risk meeting this guy at 3am in a dark park without texting a friend. My guess is she was very tired, he tricked her with some bogus lie he conjured up she finally gave in for whatever reason.

If he was in a relationship why in the world wouldn’t he pick her up at the airport? no excuse. I suppose not only the cameras he knew once she saw his ugly face she would not get in his car trap. He had a better chance knowing a Lyft driver would drop her off and not pay much attention. I wonder if he had tinted car windows?

How do we know AA didn’t chase her around the park and subdue her to get in the car possibly had threatened her with a weapon? Phones were off and no video cameras.

She was in a vulnerable state. As someone above mentioned, he was likely playing off of her emotions and was acting as a sort of comfort for her, to lure her, but he never had good intentions.

Have you looked for AA on Bumble? There was a woman who claimed she met him there. MOO

Utah woman says she had uncomfortable date with murder suspect
[...]

“I met him on Bumble, the online dating app,” said the woman speaking with Fox 13 News on the condition of anonymity.

The online meeting was last year. After chatting through the app, the two decided to meet for lunch where things took an uncomfortable turn.

[...]

Also, Welcome to Websleuths! :)

Thanks!

Generally, dating sites don't allow a guy to see another guy. I'm a little surprised no one has posted a screen shot from his dating profiles. I've seen reports that he was definitely on Tinder and Bumble. Both are those are ordinary dating sites where people match by swiping right.

I have had people tell me that they've seen him in downtown SLC bars.

I understand your concerns but its no different than any other way of meeting people. If I meet someone through Match, they have the same expectations. Arrangement sites are just more honest and allow both to get what they are looking for. I don't think there is any evidence they met from the arrangement site and I think the evidence is that they didn't.

Most people are killed by people they know ... I don't think there is any data to suggest that meeting someone through an online dating site is any more dangerous than meeting someone through church or school. Statistically, guys 40 or over are less likely to engage in violent crime than guys in their 20's so its probably safer objectively.
Yes, it's just a more convenient way of meeting people.

I don't think they met at a social setting, or in a store or any other public place, though. They did not travel in the same social circles.

What evidence is there that they did not meet on line?
How do you think they could have met?

They don't seem to have anything at all in common. His primary way of meeting people seems to have been on the internet. He looked for a wife that way. He tried to connect with people that way. He found boarders that way.

How does the evidence point to them not meeting that way? Imo

Last edited:
He said he knew her from online I don’t know about you but I don’t really consider an online friend credible. If true he should have a history of chats that he warned her about this creep.

I mean this guy could have been interested in KL himself and was angry someone killed her and now he will never have that opportunity. <modsnip - off topic>

I guess we won’t know until the trial if there is one.

Didn't that particular guy indicate that he was in touch with LE?

I'll throw out another possibility ... he lives 5-10 minutes from the airport so it wouldn't make sense to meet him at the park which is further away. I think they knew each other well. He could have said, I'm in Weber/Davis county visiting friends, why don't we meet at Hatch Park and head up to Logan. That could fit.

Someone also mentioned this already but I am going to say it again. Not sure if KL was a weed smoker or not, but if he was going after her and enticing her with comfort, he could have easily said “let’s meet up and go for a blunt cruise”. That may have sounded good to her. A way to relax and just take a cruise and have conversation and maybe finally meet this guy who she’s been in contact with online for some time. I would have done that when I was her age and had the freedom to be out whenever I wanted. JMO.

Thanks!

Generally, dating sites don't allow a guy to see another guy. I'm a little surprised no one has posted a screen shot from his dating profiles. I've seen reports that he was definitely on Tinder and Bumble. Both are those are ordinary dating sites where people match by swiping right.

I have had people tell me that they've seen him in downtown SLC bars.
Didn't know that. :p I learn something new here every day! MOO

I wonder if ML did have a friend that she usually texted “just in case”. But the delayed flight could have changed things up. Do you text a friend at 2 am saying that you’re meeting someone “just in case”?
And isn't Bumble female driven-the woman has to make the first move?

But LE doesn't really owe us anything. We WANT to know these details, but they don't have to tell us.
But there is no way of drawing any reasonable conclusions without these details; just all speculations driven by sentiments.
This is a really big crime and for everything to be carried out by only AA without any external assistance or accomplice going by the actual facts we know (so far) is just hard to believe - thats just me. Why has he got almost 12 cameras in his house? was he paranoid about something or does he use the footage for something else? LE should surely be able to get something out of at least one of those camera? Did he host any Airbnb guests during the period ML disappeared? Have those guests been check? I am just saying, everything should be uncovered so that justice is appropriately served. I have read too many cases where someone takes the fall for others to be free.

Also, I wouldn't read too much into his ex-wife's statement, wouldn't expect her to give any glowing endorsement given the circumstances surrounding their "marriage" and how easily she "willing to testify against him", it had resentment written all over it.

so anybody with poor writing skills is destined for a life of loneliness and social isolation? the world doesn't work that way. Attraction is not a choice. Maybe she wasn't exactly looking for a poet laureate? maybe she was looking for something more frivolous, daring, and exciting?

let's get over the notion that people are ALWAYS searching for someone they can take home to Mom. they are not. and it's quite obvious they are not.

Hmm....if they've been communicating online before that night, wouldn't she have noticed his poor writing skills, like all of us have noticed? Even with short texts, it likely would be apparent?

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members